Biden vs. Trump 2024

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 15, 2024 9:28 PM
posted by gut

Look at the date - almost two months ago.  I remember seeing it, and the fact you haven't heard anything more is probably a nothingburger.  Even Jim Jordan isn't crying about it.

My guess is it was a very narrow, legal search focused on those purchases in the DC area around Jan. 6.  Likely used to identify people in photos that they were seeking to arrest.

As far as searching for keywords maga and trump goes, you've got a good point. But it does not follow that buying religious texts fits into that nothing burger. If by buying religious texts lumps you into any kind of extremists or target of the govt - Books A Million would be a hub of terrorism.

And really, who is shocked that medias would skip over this, especially after we've had 7+ years now of media saying things like "Putin is weaponizing puppies!"

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Mar 16, 2024 10:52 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

No, this is where you demonstrate to us that your "principles" change, depending on the person in question.

In other words, you don't have principles. You've got /Democrat/ and that's about it. 

Your feelings about being threatened by Trump have nothing to do with Hur saying that Biden's lack of cognitive ability allowed him to give Biden a free pass. He made a determination without being a doctor and that has been YOUR main sticking point. You are as unprincipled as Trump is. If you did have principles, you'd want equality in the justice system, especially when the people involved had/have been in such high powered positions on the world stage. and it wouldn't matter if you were afraid of them or not. 

Pretty much sums up Ptown and most coastal libs in a nutshell.  If Ptown and those alike him just admitted that they know Biden is trash and no better than Trump, but they dgaf and rather  see their “team” win, I don’t think anyone would give them that much of a hard time. That’s just the reality of modern politics. 

Unfortunately, Ptown still wants to pretend that he is the reasonable figure in all of this and voting for Biden gives him the moral high ground. People like Ptown are dime a dozen. They think that they are so smart that nobody sees through their bullshit. I have a decent amount of friends like Ptown (especially in DC), but at least they are willing to be honest with themselves and everyone else. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Mar 16, 2024 11:31 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

And why am I just discovering this?

Who knows how you missed it  As seemingly much time as you spend scouring news sources in search of stuff to be pissed about, this was a major fail.

Sat, Mar 16, 2024 2:13 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Who knows how you missed it  As seemingly much time as you spend scouring news sources in search of stuff to be pissed about, this was a major fail.

I don't watch any television, don't get any newspaper and have limited internet time because of my work schedule and the farm I live on. Which, maybe, explains why I am two months behind on finding out about it.  And I only heard about it by hearing an ad on the radio that was done by Ron Paul.

Please, stop while you're behind.

Sat, Mar 16, 2024 3:05 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I don't watch any television, don't get any newspaper and have limited internet time because of my work schedule and the farm I live on. Which, maybe, explains why I am two months behind on finding out about it.  And I only heard about it by hearing an ad on the radio that was done by Ron Paul.

Please, stop while you're behind.

Off the grid, eh?  Well you seem well-informed in spite of that.  How this particular story got by you, I don’t know.  The good news is you now know it and can take appropriate action.

Sat, Mar 16, 2024 3:18 PM

Off the grid, eh?  Well you seem well-informed in spite of that.  How this particular story got by you, I don’t know.  The good news is you now know it and can take appropriate action.

Which is what I did. I brought it here to see if a conversation would come from it and apparently you could only reply about the poster instead of the post. It's typical.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Mar 16, 2024 3:41 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

As far as searching for keywords maga and trump goes, you've got a good point. But it does not follow that buying religious texts fits into that nothing burger. If by buying religious texts lumps you into any kind of extremists or target of the govt - Books A Million would be a hub of terrorism.

Not sure that's the whole story, though.  And while they've probably not disclosed all the details, but apparently the searches were for transactions in and around DC on Jan. 6th.  Seems, also, that cooperation was voluntary.

I don't think it's black & white, but is this really any different than cops going to a business asking to see what their cameras might have recorded?  The financial transactions would let them know who was in the DC area that day, and then they could match names to faces they had on camera.  And to the extent they already had names, they would be within their rights for a warrant for those records.

"Religious and political extremist views" seems like it might be hyperbole.  It's more likely that the type of transactions they looked for are transactions that are correlated with people attending that rally.  So if you were there visiting the Smithsonian that day, you wouldn't be flagged.  But if QO was there buying a MAGA shirt from a vendor at the rally, he'd get flagged.

Maybe we'll learn more if there are coming Congressional hearings.  But Republicans should tread carefully, because at the end of the day the rioters ARE criminals, and they certainly aren't opposed to these tactics in other scenarios.

It is the sort of thing that demands oversight, but I don't think we know nearly enough to form an opinion if it was overreach or not, at this point.

Sat, Mar 16, 2024 4:19 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Which is what I did. I brought it here to see if a conversation would come from it and apparently you could only reply about the poster instead of the post. It's typical.

It was part of the investigation into the lunatics who stormed the Capitol.  It’s not a Big Brother conspiracy that Fox News stumbled upon.

Mon, Mar 18, 2024 3:57 PM

It was part of the investigation into the lunatics who stormed the Capitol.  It’s not a Big Brother conspiracy that Fox News stumbled upon.

See, that wasn't difficult. 

Tue, Mar 19, 2024 3:38 PM

Also, do you all remember when profiling was something Democrats thought it was a bad practice?

And Lois Lerner?

Tue, Mar 19, 2024 3:42 PM

I watched a vid and one of the ads was Trump asking for small donations. Something like $5-25.

I don't remember him begging for donations during his last two campaigns. It's got to be galling him to do it!

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Mar 19, 2024 5:39 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

No, this is where you demonstrate to us that your "principles" change, depending on the person in question.

In other words, you don't have principles. You've got /Democrat/ and that's about it. 

Your feelings about being threatened by Trump have nothing to do with Hur saying that Biden's lack of cognitive ability allowed him to give Biden a free pass. He made a determination without being a doctor and that has been YOUR main sticking point. You are as unprincipled as Trump is. If you did have principles, you'd want equality in the justice system, especially when the people involved had/have been in such high powered positions on the world stage. and it wouldn't matter if you were afraid of them or not. 

Calling me unprincipled huh? Ok. Thanks. I disagree, but it's fine.

I could have this long post about it, but it boils down to this: we live in completely different news and view ecosystems.

Nothing I could offer or say could adjust or change your mind. I see Trump fundamentally different than most on here. 

It baffles posters on here that I look at things differently than they do.  That there may be multiple ways and answers to look at things. 

Perspective and different views do exist. But, I doubt we could even agree on simple facts. 

Tue, Mar 19, 2024 5:41 PM
posted by like_that

Pretty much sums up Ptown and most coastal libs in a nutshell.  If Ptown and those alike him just admitted that they know Biden is trash and no better than Trump, but they dgaf and rather  see their “team” win, I don’t think anyone would give them that much of a hard time. That’s just the reality of modern politics. 

Unfortunately, Ptown still wants to pretend that he is the reasonable figure in all of this and voting for Biden gives him the moral high ground. People like Ptown are dime a dozen. They think that they are so smart that nobody sees through their bullshit. I have a decent amount of friends like Ptown (especially in DC), but at least they are willing to be honest with themselves and everyone else. 

Thanks. I could also make broad generalizations about you and how you offer no solutions, complain, and think your way is so much better, yet unrealistic, but I'll refrain...

Tue, Mar 19, 2024 9:52 PM

If I were feeling generous towards Trump, which I have no reason to at this point, I think the very best pro I can come up with would be that he be judicially treated with the same spirit in which Biden is treated. Again, this only pertains to the political persecution that he's being subjected to. 

Other than that,  I'm just not that generous towards most politicians. There are exceptions such as Spike Cohen, Massie and such. I have more generosity of spirit towards Biden, but that stems only from my own personal experiences with lumping him in some sort of akinship with my mother. 

Neither one of them are my friends or have done much for most Americans. In short, they can both eat a bag of dicks. Ketchup on the side for Trump.

Wed, Mar 20, 2024 7:46 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If I were feeling generous towards Trump, which I have no reason to at this point, I think the very best pro I can come up with would be that he be judicially treated with the same spirit in which Biden is treated. Again, this only pertains to the political persecution that he's being subjected to. 

Other than that,  I'm just not that generous towards most politicians. There are exceptions such as Spike Cohen, Massie and such. I have more generosity of spirit towards Biden, but that stems only from my own personal experiences with lumping him in some sort of akinship with my mother. 

Neither one of them are my friends or have done much for most Americans. In short, they can both eat a bag of dicks. Ketchup on the side for Trump.

On Trump cases, this is another example where we are looking at the same set of facts and cases and coming to two different conclusions. 

I see Trump's cases as going through the traditional normal process. Liberals are upset that the cases are taking so long as Trump rightly gets to go through is due process ahead and during trial. It's now to the point that it is doubtful any of the cases will be determined by the election.

If Trump is being treated unfairly,  the Democrats are doing are a terrible job at it. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 20, 2024 11:55 AM

There are a lot of people who had their bank accounts closed by the big money-center banks, with ZERO explanation.  But when they put 2 and 2 together, it was pretty obvious what occurred.  Of course, nothing to see here. 

Wed, Mar 20, 2024 12:08 PM
posted by QuakerOats

There are a lot of people who had their bank accounts closed by the big money-center banks, with ZERO explanation. 

And you know this from where?

Wed, Mar 20, 2024 2:04 PM

And you know this from where?

It was in the news. 

Wed, Mar 20, 2024 2:25 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

On Trump cases, this is another example where we are looking at the same set of facts and cases and coming to two different conclusions. 

I see Trump's cases as going through the traditional normal process. Liberals are upset that the cases are taking so long as Trump rightly gets to go through is due process ahead and during trial. It's now to the point that it is doubtful any of the cases will be determined by the election.

If Trump is being treated unfairly,  the Democrats are doing are a terrible job at it. 

1.) I think you're confusing liberal with the shitlibs. They are not the same. 

2.) I'm in agreeance with you that our perspectives are very different. We all know that DC politicians (D, R) have done  some maliciously and capricious sketchy, shady, illegal shit. But where we do not agree is that one person gets charged & politically prosecuted and another person is not - I am able to admit it but you are not. Even when it's all there in black and white. 

3.) Traditional? Excuse me, what? Did you just say that? Where is the criminal charges against Reagan, both Bush's, Clinton, Obama or Biden?  Where and when have those Presidents been financially/politically persecuted and prosecuted? There is nothing traditional about it and I am seriously in moderate disbelief that you have convinced yourself of that very idea. 

3.) The Dems are doing a terrible job of it because:

- they have never gone this far before

- they made up some of the most flimsy and crazy charges

- they had a NY law temporarily changed just to be able to charge him with something and then reverted the law back to its original state

- they warned Trump and all of the US on national news, live,  what was going to happen because he didn't play by their establishment rules and then followed through with their threats

This and more is not anything that I'm making up. It's all stuff that has been discussed on here, with links to show. 

Where we diverge in viewing all of this is that I am able to say it is wrong whereas you are not. I do not support these things and you do.

Wed, Mar 20, 2024 2:48 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

1.) I think you're confusing liberal with the shitlibs. They are not the same. 

2.) I'm in agreeance with you that our perspectives are very different. We all know that DC politicians (D, R) have done  some maliciously and capricious sketchy, shady, illegal shit. But where we do not agree is that one person gets charged & politically prosecuted and another person is not - I am able to admit it but you are not. Even when it's all there in black and white. 

3.) Traditional? Excuse me, what? Did you just say that? Where is the criminal charges against Reagan, both Bush's, Clinton, Obama or Biden?  Where and when have those Presidents been financially/politically persecuted and prosecuted? There is nothing traditional about it and I am seriously in moderate disbelief that you have convinced yourself of that very idea. 

3.) The Dems are doing a terrible job of it because:

- they have never gone this far before

- they made up some of the most flimsy and crazy charges

- they had a NY law temporarily changed just to be able to charge him with something and then reverted the law back to its original state

- they warned Trump and all of the US on national news, live,  what was going to happen because he didn't play by their establishment rules and then followed through with their threats

This and more is not anything that I'm making up. It's all stuff that has been discussed on here, with links to show. 

Where we diverge in viewing all of this is that I am able to say it is wrong whereas you are not. I do not support these things and you do.

1. Don't know what a shitlib is, so that's a new one. 

2. We diverge on I see the charges for Trump as at least legit, as in I trust that a grand jury of people came to a reasonable indictment on each of the numerous cases. That's the difference right? The reason why it hasn't happen is maybe Trump is that bad, or at least a Grand Jury determined it should go forward.

3. Normal as in Trump and h is legal team have every single right and schedule tactic at their disposal. Each trial is getting rightly due process and appeals process. That is why I doubt none of the trials wrap up before November. If it was political persecution as you say, none of those options would be available and Trump would already be tried. I'm also all for letting the legal process play out. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login