Biden vs. Trump 2024

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Mar 21, 2024 8:10 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Did you look for yourself before posting this?

When a person offers that some nefarious, nonspecific, cryptic sounding event took place based upon “news”, it does not become everyone else’s responsibility to go out and research it.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 21, 2024 8:15 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

When a person offers that some nefarious, nonspecific, cryptic sounding event took place based upon “news”, it does not become everyone else’s responsibility to go out and research it.

If you want to comment on somebody else's post, it's usually a good idea to at least have some sort of foundation for whatever comment you'd like to make. Unless,nof course, you're just in it to relive your teenage years of sassing. If sassing is the goal, I approve because usually there's something funny in it!

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 22, 2024 12:04 AM

Always lot of words and never really saying anything. 

Take that sass!

Fri, Mar 22, 2024 12:24 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If you want to comment on somebody else's post, it's usually a good idea to at least have some sort of foundation for whatever comment you'd like to make. Unless,nof course, you're just in it to relive your teenage years of sassing. If sassing is the goal, I approve because usually there's something funny in it!

PERSON A: They're always plotting and they're gonna get you.

PERSON B: Who's "they"?  How do you know this?

PERSON C: It was in the news.

PERSON B: Anything more specific?

PERSON C: It's your job to research all of this.

What's the logic with this?  I am missing something.  

Fri, Mar 22, 2024 3:35 PM

Yeah. You never come with any basis for your bickering. It's that that you're after. It's ok, because jerks like me will play along!

Fri, Mar 22, 2024 3:36 PM

Yeah. You never come with any basis for your bickering. It's that bickering that you're after. It's ok, because jerks like me will play along!

Fri, Mar 22, 2024 4:08 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Yeah. You never come with any basis for your bickering. It's that bickering that you're after. It's ok, because jerks like me will play along!

I'm not bickering.  I'm just not understanding your point about looking into something someone else is positing or opining with no detail.  

Fri, Mar 22, 2024 10:17 PM

Sometimes I just want to find and watch walkthroughs of old houses, but YouTube bombards you with all manner of political money begging.

Anybody else have this as an annoyance or am I just cranky today?

I hate election year!

Sat, Mar 23, 2024 8:05 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Sometimes I just want to find and watch walkthroughs of old houses, but YouTube bombards you with all manner of political money begging.

Anybody else have this as an annoyance or am I just cranky today?

I hate election year!

It’s crap.  I was thinking about this with these streaming services that now allow you to watch a movie for “free” with ads (practically all pharmaceutical)  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Mar 25, 2024 6:01 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Thanks. I could also make broad generalizations about you and how you offer no solutions, complain, and think your way is so much better, yet unrealistic, but I'll refrain...

Yes you can, which would not deviate from what you have been doing for over a decade lol. Congrats on passive aggressively refraining this time though.

I have offered my stances and solutions, yet as you (normally) smugly alluded to they are all “unrealistic” even though must have not been tried. Meanwhile, you have quadrupled down on the Obama playbook when the results have been a net negative impact for the country all together, especially when it comes to foreign policy.   All the while you still pretend you’re moderate/neutral, because your far leaning progressive friends called you conservative once.

Mon, Mar 25, 2024 2:41 PM
posted by like_that

Yes you can, which would not deviate from what you have been doing for over a decade lol. Congrats on passive aggressively refraining this time though.

I have offered my stances and solutions, yet as you (normally) smugly alluded to they are all “unrealistic” even though must have not been tried. Meanwhile, you have quadrupled down on the Obama playbook when the results have been a net negative impact for the country all together, especially when it comes to foreign policy.   All the while you still pretend you’re moderate/neutral, because your far leaning progressive friends called you conservative once.

I've said it before, but will say it again:

With all the shit that's been happening, being called a conservative doesn't have the intended sting it's supposed to have. Especially since traditional liberal values are now being called "conservative". 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 25, 2024 3:03 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Especially since traditional liberal values are now being called "conservative". 

I was just thinking about that the other day.  For starters, Trump's "economic nationalism" or "populism" is definitely a 90's Dem platform.  It's protectionism, and free market folks (a.k.a fiscal conservatives) used to rail about it.  Dems dropped it because it wasn't moving the needle on votes.

Then you have guys who used to consider themselves liberal, like Joe Rogan and Musk, that the Left despises now because you're either all-in on the platform, or you're MAGA.  Even Bill Maher has gotten flack for his comments on woke and free speech.

Mon, Mar 25, 2024 4:28 PM
posted by gut

I was just thinking about that the other day.  For starters, Trump's "economic nationalism" or "populism" is definitely a 90's Dem platform.  It's protectionism, and free market folks (a.k.a fiscal conservatives) used to rail about it.  Dems dropped it because it wasn't moving the needle on votes.

Then you have guys who used to consider themselves liberal, like Joe Rogan and Musk, that the Left despises now because you're either all-in on the platform, or you're MAGA.  Even Bill Maher has gotten flack for his comments on woke and free speech.

There is a somewhat small trend going on now where Dems in showbiz are now stepping away from those trenches to place themselves, in their words, more in the center. They are openly/vocally questioning what their party is doing. It's not only people like Rogan and Musk, it's spreading to the music and sports industries. 

The Dems aren't outright red-pilling people. But they sure have them licking the pill to see what it tastes like.

Mon, Mar 25, 2024 4:39 PM

"The High Price of Democrats' Anti-Trump Lawfare"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-high-price-of-anti-trump-lawfare-eroding-public-trust-politicized-prosecutions-7bba71d8

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 25, 2024 4:54 PM
posted by gut

And on the other hand, you have a lot of the more pro-MAGA sorts tossing around "RINO" at anyone who isn't 100% on board with their agenda, basically hoping negative connotations either scare them into submission or erode their support so a "true" R can take over and make that position great again.

It's the sort of thing that really makes me wish these more moderate types would align and say that if the prog left thinks they are too right and the MAGA right thinks they're too left, maybe they should all create their own party open to anyone not swinging all the way in one direction and legit work to erode both of those factions by getting the message out that "while they're yelling at each other on social media, we're actually trying to do stuff".

Of course, then you have the problem that about everyone who fits into that new party is basically the long-time establishment politician who's used their entire career as a means to harvest power and money from the job, so you're basically setting up yet another "Crooked Establishment vs. Loud, Angry Outsider" battle, but with it being a three-way dance. 

tl;dr version: Everything's fucked!

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Mar 25, 2024 5:33 PM
posted by Heretic

And on the other hand, you have a lot of the more pro-MAGA sorts tossing around "RINO" at anyone who isn't 100% on board with their agenda, basically hoping negative connotations either scare them into submission or erode their support so a "true" R can take over and make that position great again.!

Ha!  True, very true.  The MAGA crowd even temporarily turned against Fox.

As to your other point, Haley really tried to appeal to those moderates, and head-to-head with Trump she only managed about 1/3 of the vote.  I thought she was a MAGA darling?  I guess until she decided to run against Trump.

Mon, Mar 25, 2024 5:39 PM
posted by gut

Ha!  True, very true.  The MAGA crowd even temporarily turned against Fox.

As to your other point, Haley really tried to appeal to those moderates, and head-to-head with Trump she only managed about 1/3 of the vote.  I thought she was a MAGA darling?  I guess until she decided to run against Trump.

I'm not exactly sure what happened with Haley. My wild guess though would be her pro war stance. I think that war fatigue is becoming a predominately American thing now, without having much to do with D or R.

Tue, Apr 2, 2024 8:39 PM

And what in the unholy hell, Trump?!

This fuckass

Wed, Apr 3, 2024 9:43 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

And what in the unholy hell, Trump?!

This fuckass

His Evangelical followers will eat this up.  Their hypocrisy is boundless.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Apr 3, 2024 2:06 PM

His Evangelical followers will eat this up.  Their hypocrisy is boundless.

I am sure my Southern Baptist preacher of a father in law will buy one.

Needless to say him and I don’t agree on politics and most of Christianity.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login