Biden vs. Trump 2024

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2024 7:46 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Like_that also keeps up on such things. He's mentioned a few times that the LP is splintered and can't seem to find a cohesive to bind the splinters together. The Mises Caucus is the fraction that mostly fits my worldview, but with Dave Smith out of action it's floundering. It would be really nice to see the LP come together and focus. But as of right now Trump is correct when he said that they are happy with their 3%.

I like Dave and wish he would have ran. 

Thu, May 30, 2024 7:46 PM

It's going to be funny to see the reaction when Trump wins and pardons himself. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2024 8:39 PM
posted by justincredible

Here is the conundrum.  Pardons by the president only apply to federal law.  Yet in this case you have misdemeanor state law past the statute of limitations elevated to felonies by citing a violation of federal law that the feds have neglected to charge'.  Sort of a reverse nullification of federal law if you will.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 30, 2024 9:22 PM
posted by justincredible

He's not going to win. I don't know why people (not just you in particular) have this idea that he can. 

I don't know why people thought he was going to beat the NY court case.

This was my first prediction that was actually right and I just want to take a moment to gloat. I'm only half joking. But on a serious note, who thought he was going to win this? Whether you are a dem or a Republican or 3rd party, we all knew how this was going to go down.

Thu, May 30, 2024 9:23 PM
posted by majorspark

Here is the conundrum.  Pardons by the president only apply to federal law.  Yet in this case you have misdemeanor state law past the statute of limitations elevated to felonies by citing a violation of federal law that the feds have neglected to charge'.  Sort of a reverse nullification of federal law if you will.

Got it. 

Thu, May 30, 2024 9:23 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

He's not going to win. I don't know why people (not just you in particular) have this idea that he can. 

I don't know why people thought he was going to beat the NY court case.

This was my first prediction that was actually right and I just want to take a moment to gloat. I'm only half joking. But on a serious note, who thought he was going to win this? Whether you are a dem or a Republican, we all knew how this was going to go down.

I'll bet you a dollar.

Thu, May 30, 2024 10:19 PM
posted by justincredible

I'll bet you a dollar.

$20

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 31, 2024 11:00 AM
posted by iclfan2

Do the Dems really think this conviction is going to help their election chances? 

Campaign donations tripled overnight.  biden will need to manufacture 91 million votes this time. 

Fri, May 31, 2024 12:32 PM

Just saw this Megyn Kelly vid (her and Trump's dislike of each other is very public) and I swear she stole some of my thoughts that I posted last night lol

She brings up Harvey Weinstein and how he got his conviction in NY overturned because he didn't get a fair trial. Now, I admit to not paying any attention to that mess, so did anybody here follow it?

But I'm still not sure exactly what charges he was found guilty on. Will that be made known to the public? I have my doubts we will find out. Mainly because of how the judge instructed the jury to deliberate. Remember he basically told them to mishmash the counts all together, instead of going through the counts. So, if somebody here actually has this figured out please explain. 

Fri, May 31, 2024 1:54 PM

So, thanks to the Dems, right now I'm going to add an addendum to my prior vote of choice. 

If Trump chooses Tulsi Gabbard as his VP choice, I will vote for him.

It's a safe vow, though. He's going to go with Ramaswamy or Scott imo

Fri, May 31, 2024 2:06 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

$20

Alright, I’ll put a 20 spot on Trump winning.  

Fri, May 31, 2024 3:41 PM
posted by justincredible

Alright, I’ll put a 20 spot on Trump winning.  

Wanna go $40?

Fri, May 31, 2024 7:34 PM

I’m good with $20. I’m too cheap to go higher. 

Fri, May 31, 2024 8:13 PM
posted by justincredible

I’m good with $20. I’m too cheap to go higher. 

Ok then, $20 it is. I will admit my plan was to keep pushing. The odds are better for me to win a bet like this than something like a scratch off ticket.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 1, 2024 12:35 PM
posted by justincredible

The Libertarian party is a joke and should be shot into the sun.

I just wish one fucking third party candidate could actually come off as a truly good pick and not some possibly insane person who can't help but trip over their own words.

Like, why can't Kennedy avoid talking about his brain worms and simply put out an ad saying that America has relied on a two-party system for ages and maybe we need an alternative to the clown show that's become while showing things like Trump's more insane babblings (in person or on social media), Biden's senior moment gaffes, McConnell's brain freezes, the stupid-as-fuck MTG vs. AOC/Crockett deal from a couple weeks ago and so on? 

I mean, sure, the access media pundit types will bitch and moan about "how disrespectful!" and whatever, but what is the point of even putting your name out there if you're not going to go all out to show how much the established parties suck? Especially when that is the sort of thing that will resonate more with a lot of voters than, uh, whatever the fuck he's doing instead.

Sat, Jun 1, 2024 7:43 PM

For those interested - Dave Smith was on Jimmy Dore on Wednesday. They talked about a whole range of current events and I really recommend it as a good listen. But here is one section of that podcast where they talk about Chase Oliver and what's happened to the LP:

Sat, Jun 1, 2024 8:50 PM

More Dave Smith and thoughts on what is being done to Trump. 

Fri, Jun 7, 2024 8:14 PM

Just now I was listening to Russel Brand and he said that Biden was changing his border policy to plagiarize Trump's border policy and I can't see where he's wrong about that.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 7, 2024 10:45 PM

These people are used like pawns.  Most just want a better life.  There has to be order.  Take the Russians.  They have sent them to western Europe to overwhelm their resources and cause pollical upheaval.  Now sign right here and provide for your loved ones.  Make your new motherland proud on the Ukrainian front. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login