3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Jul 11, 2024 4:10 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

How so?

As in an election cycle boogeyman.  

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 11, 2024 5:48 PM

If I were KJP I'd step down right now, write my book and then go on my book selling speaking tour. She'd be making much more money and a lot less stress. 

I don't know how anybody would want that position, regardless of political affiliations. Just the worst!

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 11, 2024 6:47 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

If I were KJP I'd step down right now, write my book and then go on my book selling speaking tour. She'd be making much more money and a lot less stress. 

I don't know how anybody would want that position, regardless of political affiliations. Just the worst!

It isn’t like she’s the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

lol did Biden really introduce Zelensky as Putin?

This media turn is one of the craziest things I’ve seen. They tried so hard to pretend it wasn’t happening and then after one bad debate they all start spiraling. More people are coming out who were at the Juneteenth thing and saying he was clearly off there as well (as well as other events). You really can’t hate the media enough.

Thu, Jul 11, 2024 7:09 PM
posted by iclfan2

This media turn is one of the craziest things I’ve seen. They tried so hard to pretend it wasn’t happening and then after one bad debate they all start spiraling. More people are coming out who were at the Juneteenth thing and saying he was clearly off there as well (as well as other events). You really can’t hate the media enough.

It's all performative, too, CNN being the worst actors. Well, the Oscar would go to Joe Scarborough who in two months:

- F you if you can't handle the truth. This Joe Biden is the best there ever was!

- It's time for Biden to consider his age and ability and think about if he can make it another 4 years.

- I fully support Joe Biden to save our democracy, fuck yeah!

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 11, 2024 9:46 PM

Good god, just shut it down already. 

He reminds me of talking to my 78yo father in law. Coincidentally we visited him in the hospital last month and he repeatedly called our daughter by my wife’s name despite us correcting him every time. Maybe he can run for president, too. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 11, 2024 9:50 PM

We collectively pinched our noses and voted for one of these clowns four years ago thinking surely it’ll be better/different in 2024 and instead ended up right back here again. 

Can’t believe there’s no one younger and/or less weird to be leader of the country.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 116 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 11, 2024 9:57 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

We collectively pinched our noses and voted for one of these clowns four years ago thinking surely it’ll be better/different in 2024 and instead ended up right back here again. 

Can’t believe there’s no one younger and/or less weird to be leader of the country.

Well, Biden was supposed to be "transitional", but hard to let go of the power I guess.

Irony is we've had to tolerate 4 years of Biden, and we're probably STILL going to end up with another 4 years of Trump, anyway, which means it was all for nothing.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jul 11, 2024 10:04 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's all performative, too, CNN being the worst actors. Well, the Oscar would go to Joe Scarborough who in two months:

Funny watching them all try to pat themselves on the back for "holding our leaders accountable".  Bullshit, they were gaslighting us right up until the debate.  It's only when it became clear Biden will most likely lose the election that they started discussing the obvious.

LOL, and in other news that same media is trying to distract us with the "2025 Project" or whatever the heck you call it.  Funny how all this stuff is supposed to be "mainstream", but if not for the liberal media I wouldn't know it because I haven't seen anything on Fox or WSJ.

Then there someone apparently just started making shit up about Trump and Epstein, except the court records were just released and there's no a single mention of Trump.

Also, I saw 3 lead prosecutors in the Russia Collusion investigation, along with Fusion GPS (the manufacturers of The Dossier) have a book coming out.  Pretty impressive to score a book deal for blatant lies and propaganda.  But I suppose no different than Trump hocking bibles and sneakers to suckers.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jul 12, 2024 5:37 AM
posted by iclfan2

Just wait another 2-3 weeks when they do another 180 after accepting that Biden won’t step down.  By August we should hear about how fit Biden is to be president.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 12, 2024 10:33 AM

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 12, 2024 11:43 AM

So, apparently after last night, we knew the same thing we knew going into last night: That the main contenders for the presidency are two old, mentally-addled codgers who are good at fucking up names.

Fri, Jul 12, 2024 12:43 PM

I think the Dems will stick with Biden just long enough to get him reelected and then he'll resign so that Kamala can be president. Dems have been dry humping the progressive stack (re-labeled as DEI for marketing purposes) and this would get them stroking off in public.

I made a cash bet that Biden would win and I am still standing by that. Merit has no benefit, it's about the optics.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Jul 12, 2024 12:54 PM

As far as press secretary, I'm not sure it's the difficult and stressful job made out to be.  You just go out there and Baghdad Bob every question.  It's not transparent or honest, so you just need to be a sharp sociopath framing non-answers as the appropriate response to the "gotchya" questions.

KJP just isn't quick on her feet, though she does channel the same dismissive arrogance that Psaki had.  But Psaki was just much more formidable because she knew what, for example, Peter Doocy would ask and had her smackdown already formulated.  Psaki would just pretend every tough question was a rightwing conspiracy not worthy of a serious response.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 12, 2024 1:03 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not only did he introduce Zelensky as Putin, but in the same day called his VP "Trump" rather than Harris directly after he was asked about if his VP Harris could run/win/do the job.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 12, 2024 3:02 PM

How close are we to the media doing a U-turn on the biden family bribery/extortion/tax evasion scheme?  You'll know they believe he is going to lose when they bring that card out to try and get him to step aside. 

Fri, Jul 12, 2024 11:01 PM

Whoah!

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jul 13, 2024 1:45 PM

If the power behind Biden survives this struggle the media will dutifully fall back in line.  

Just fatigue and why should Biden lower himself to debate a felon a second time?

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 11:05 AM

Judge Cannon has dismissed the charges against Trump. This is the official classified documents case in Florida.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 3:32 PM

Looks like Trump has picked Vance for VP. Was a “never trump” guy in 2016.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 3:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

Looks like Trump has picked Vance for VP. Was a “never trump” guy in 2016.

This doesn't move my vote in any way. Ugh!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login