2024 Presidential Election Thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 3:40 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

This doesn't move my vote in any way. Ugh!

No shit. A guy who felt one way, but then decided that to be a name in politics, he had to feel another way, so he changed his feelings to become relevant.

In other words, Ass Kisser #1 in the Trump regime! No substance, just a constant stream of "Yes sir; what do I say sir?"

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 3:53 PM
posted by Heretic

No shit. A guy who felt one way, but then decided that to be a name in politics, he had to feel another way, so he changed his feelings to become relevant.

In other words, Ass Kisser #1 in the Trump regime! No substance, just a constant stream of "Yes sir; what do I say sir?"

The ONE person that Trump could have picked for VP that would have  changed my vote was Tulsi. Nobody else.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 4:16 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

The ONE person that Trump could have picked for VP that would have  changed my vote was Tulsi. Nobody else.

I think it was Twitter, unless it was  here, but I recall reading someone making a good point that Tulsi could have been a game-breaker just because she's been a moderate D who has moved somewhat to the right in recent years, which would make her attractive to the moderates and more independent voters who are turned off by Trump being Trump, but also not keen on four more years of Biden or the thought of some amount of that stint going to Harris.

Which would have been miles better than any of his actual finalists, who seemed to be cobbled from the group of politicians who go to any length to shadow him and hang on his every word and fall over themselves to see who can be most emphatic in praising him. But if there's one constant about Trump, it is that he's up there on the narcissism side of things where his favorite attribute in anyone is their personal loyalty to him, so she probably had an uphill climb to get past the dudes who've had their mouths suctioned to his ass for multiple years by now.

I guess my only hope now is that the combination of Ohio gradually turning more red and it being an Ohio senator who's the VP pick will completely kill any "battleground state" talk in regards to us, so it might be a bit easier to avoid the deluge of bullshit spewing from either party.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 4:16 PM

Vance is very Bitcoin friendly so he's an okay pick for me. Wasn't my top choice but I'm not upset.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 4:50 PM

I think if Tulsi was his VP pick that alone would have pulled Trump over the finish line imo.

She's sane, competent, anti war, has good mic and interview skills, she's young, a woman, knows how to handle the Dems and would have been a positive buffer to Trump's personality in a way that would have brought a lot of independent voters. 

This is all besides Biden's decline and the shooting.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 5:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

Looks like Trump has picked Vance for VP. Was a “never trump” guy in 2016.

Called Trump and American Hitler I think.  That kinds of flies in the face of blaming the "other side" for angry rhetoric.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 5:21 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Called Trump and American Hitler I think.  That kinds of flies in the face of blaming the "other side" for angry rhetoric.

Lol again, I wasn’t blaming them. It was a joke at how they complain about rhetoric while spewing “violent rhetoric” daily, including the current President. You’re not gonna find calls for unity coming from me, let the rhetoric fly.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 5:37 PM

The violent rhetoric isn't even close to being equal. Not even a little bit. Did it happen from the right and left? Yes.

But it was never equal and we all know it. And anybody who tries presenting it as an equal thing is a fraud.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 6:22 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

The violent rhetoric isn't even close to being equal. Not even a little bit. Did it happen from the right and left? Yes.

But it was never equal and we all know it. And anybody who tries presenting it as an equal thing is a fraud.

This is pretty much the exact thing I hear from every right winger AND every left winger in my life.  Both think the other is evil incarnate with many, many examples.  Alone, I disagree.  Together, I couldn’t agree more.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 7:06 PM

Strange choice with Vance, you would think with the Roe v wade stuff he would have picked a woman. I wonder if others turned him down. It probably helps in Ohio which was probably as close as ever in turning blue. Vance has the charisma of a potato . 

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 7:38 PM
posted by geeblock

Strange choice with Vance, you would think with the Roe v wade stuff he would have picked a woman. I wonder if others turned him down. It probably helps in Ohio which was probably as close as ever in turning blue. Vance has the charisma of a potato . 

I don't know the whole list of Trump's options of VP. The two women I know of was Noem and Gabbard. Noem disqualified herself when she wrote about killing her bird dog after she didn't properly train it or herself handling it.

I don't believe that Ohio was close to turning blue this election.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 7:46 PM

This is pretty much the exact thing I hear from every right winger AND every left winger in my life.  Both think the other is evil incarnate with many, many examples.  Alone, I disagree.  Together, I couldn’t agree more.

Putting aside for a moment all the social media influencers and focussing on politicians - the people who have political power - hands down, the Dems own the violent rhetoric. From people In Congress telling their constituents to hunt down, confront and fight any opposition, to Hillary Clinton calling half the country deplorable, to Joe Biden calling Trump voters "MAGAts" , to almost every Dem in Congress and Senate calling Trump a fascist and/or Hitler, to vice president Harris parroting all of the above, to the same people saying that Trump was a threat to democracy. This has been going on for 8 years. All of it is verifiable.

You are a fraud.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 7:58 PM

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 8:28 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I don't know the whole list of Trump's options of VP. The two women I know of was Noem and Gabbard. Noem disqualified herself when she wrote about killing her bird dog after she didn't properly train it or herself handling it.

I don't believe that Ohio was close to turning blue this election.

Same. He won by almost 500K votes.  IMO, hard to believe a significant amount of people around here are changing their minds and voting for Biden after not voting for him the first time. 

Bizarre to think Vance could be president in the next few years if something happened to Trump, which is always a possibility with his health and age. And the secret service letting people shoot at him now. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Jul 15, 2024 8:45 PM

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 9:32 PM
posted by geeblock

I saw some similar posts and lawled.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 9:44 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Putting aside for a moment all the social media influencers and focussing on politicians - the people who have political power - hands down, the Dems own the violent rhetoric. From people In Congress telling their constituents to hunt down, confront and fight any opposition, to Hillary Clinton calling half the country deplorable, to Joe Biden calling Trump voters "MAGAts" , to almost every Dem in Congress and Senate calling Trump a fascist and/or Hitler, to vice president Harris parroting all of the above, to the same people saying that Trump was a threat to democracy. This has been going on for 8 years. All of it is verifiable.

You are a fraud.

Ok, you got it.  

By the way, add Trump’s VP to the list of people who’ve called him Hitler.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 10:29 PM

Ok, you got it.  

Yeah, he did and also seems to have changed his mind about other things too! I just don't like him. As I said before, the only person Trump could have picked for VP that would have changed my mind in favor of voting for him was Tulsi Gabbard. 

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 10:54 PM

Bc you keep repeating it, I assume you know when he referred to Hitler it was in a private Facebook message and he wasn’t calling him a literal dictator and anyone who voted for him fascists (I had to look it up). 

Besides thinking he was a hypocrite for his earlier views, his pick seems to make the right people mad on the left. Nice to see someone under 50. His book was decent.

Mon, Jul 15, 2024 11:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Bc you keep repeating it, I assume you know when he referred to Hitler it was in a private Facebook message and he wasn’t calling him a literal dictator and anyone who voted for him fascists (I had to look it up). 

Besides thinking he was a hypocrite for his earlier views, his pick seems to make the right people mad on the left. Nice to see someone under 50. His book was decent.

You know it's a sad state of affairs when people are happy that a candidate is under 50 lol!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login