2024 Presidential Election Thread

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 53 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 12:50 PM

Also, I find it weird that the Teamster president has spoken at the RNC. He spanked the Republicans too in his speech, but the main object of his ire was the Dems. I can't help but think that the Dems/Biden really shit the crib when they voted to bust up a strike in California (rail workers) when they shouldn't ever be known for doing anything like that in this political climate. People used to harken back to Reagan for doing something like that but now they will also refer to the Dems for doing that. 

Just... weird times.

Tue, Jul 16, 2024 12:55 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

There's a whole bevy of stuff he's said about Trump that is not of the "I disagree with his politics" variety and more of the "I hate him" variety.  Forgive me for being cynical of a politician dramatically changing his stripes when it so happens to considerably help his desire to get elected.  

I wasn't expecting Trump to pick anyone inspiring.  But Vance is about as swamp as it gets - willing to whore himself out to whoever is the influencer.  

I read Hillbilly Elegy.  I thought it was pretty good.  I remember him catching flack back then from the MAGA crowd for writing about white trash from an elitist perspective.  Now I'm preparing to hear the MAGA crowd praise the book as an eye-opening insight into the disaffected foundation of our country.+

People have already been talking about that since NAFTA. Literally decades. Nobody has to read that book to know what blue collar workers think about it.

Blue collar isn't just a white man's class, either. It's women. It's gays, it's blacks, etc. Hell, it's now even college graduates. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 51 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 12:59 PM
posted by geeblock

I wasnt insinuating it was going to turn blue i was trying to say that if he won for instance by 500,000 votes last time..he would win by less this time than last year or previous years.  I do think that the Female voters who previously voted red will not vote red because of the Roe V. Wade and reproductive rights issues.  I dont think Ohio will continue to be a slam dunk forever if things continue the way they are.  If Pennsylvania can turn blue I don't think its out of reach for ohio to do it at some point.  Obviously not this year, but I do think that has to have had something to do with the Vance choice because other than that I see nothing he adds to this election.  I dont think he moves the needle at all.

Ohio and PA have been swing purple states for decades, matter of fact PA has only voted for a R POTUS once since like 1988 for Reagan. It hardly just turned blue  it was blue forever and only once went red for Trump.

And OH went blue both Obama elections, was only red the last two, it’s the definition of a purple swing state. 

Trump won Ohio by 8 pts last time and was up 10 before the debate…Ohio has been more red than 4 years ago, RvW or not. 

At least according to the polls. 

Even in 2022, just months after RvW was overturned, Vance won OH by 7 pts.

Facts don’t agree with your belief that Ohio was going to go blue. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 1:06 PM

I think PA goes red this time around.

Tue, Jul 16, 2024 1:16 PM
posted by jmog

Ohio and PA have been swing purple states for decades, matter of fact PA has only voted for a R POTUS once since like 1988 for Reagan. It hardly just turned blue  it was blue forever and only once went red for Trump.

And OH went blue both Obama elections, was only red the last two, it’s the definition of a purple swing state. 

Trump won Ohio by 8 pts last time and was up 10 before the debate…Ohio has been more red than 4 years ago, RvW or not. 

At least according to the polls. 

Even in 2022, just months after RvW was overturned, Vance won OH by 7 pts.

Facts don’t agree with your belief that Ohio was going to go blue. 

I still don't believe in polls anymore. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 1:24 PM

Two things

1. This guys last name is Fuentes 

2. What did he think he was going to name his  kid, Heath?

https://x.com/isaacdovere/status/1813237902739931455?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 203 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 1:54 PM
posted by geeblock

Two things

https://x.com/isaacdovere/status/1813237902739931455?s=46&t=xrxfs6mLIefacKYITrkV2A

If there is one thing I'd hope everyone on this site can agree with, it's that Nick Fuentes is a giant piece of shit who deserves to either be ignored or just mercilessly mocked.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 249 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 1:55 PM

Fuentes sucks.

Tue, Jul 16, 2024 1:57 PM
posted by geeblock

Two things

Nick Fuentes is one of those racists on an island who can't believe that it's fairly common to have mixed families.

BUT

Dems love it because they think it gives them a trump card. Think about it this way: you. Don't know what I'm talking about? Let's recall some of the conversations that you and I've had. They've gone like this:

You: what do you know about what black people think or live?

Me: well this is what I think from having black family since before I was born and actually talking to them.

You: Aha! Everybody has the token family member!

It's a box people attempt to trap others in. The problem is that it's been beat off more than Pee Wee Herman's dick and doesn't amount to any sort of gotcha except in your own mind. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 1:58 PM
posted by justincredible

I think PA goes red this time around.

It may, closer to that happening than OH going blue  

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 3:09 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Nick Fuentes is one of those racists on an island who can't believe that it's fairly common to have mixed families.

BUT

Dems love it because they think it gives them a trump card. Think about it this way: you. Don't know what I'm talking about? Let's recall some of the conversations that you and I've had. They've gone like this:

You: what do you know about what black people think or live?

Me: well this is what I think from having black family since before I was born and actually talking to them.

You: Aha! Everybody has the token family member!

It's a box people attempt to trap others in. The problem is that it's been beat off more than Pee Wee Herman's dick and doesn't amount to any sort of gotcha except in your own mind. 

Go eat a sandwich or something wtf are you talking about lol you are triggered right now. I see no connection in any convo we ever had I just thought it was funny a guy named Fuentes could be racist. That’s clearly not a white name if I’m reading it right. I’m sorry you are so hurt that a section (we could argue how large) of the Republican Party which you claim to not be a part of will never accept a candidate of brown skin, but that’s not what I was trying to say I just thought it was funny. 

But while we’re on the subject the reason people have to vote for trump in private has nothing to with the big bad democrat media machine. Its because they don’t want to be associated with the actual racist people that ride around with trump flags and support him as their hero and savior while he laps it up. 

Tue, Jul 16, 2024 4:07 PM
posted by geeblock

Go eat a sandwich or something wtf are you talking about lol you are triggered right now. I see no connection in any convo we ever had I just thought it was funny a guy named Fuentes could be racist. That’s clearly not a white name if I’m reading it right. I’m sorry you are so hurt that a section (we could argue how large) of the Republican Party which you claim to not be a part of will never accept a candidate of brown skin, but that’s not what I was trying to say I just thought it was funny. 

But while we’re on the subject the reason people have to vote for trump in private has nothing to with the big bad democrat media machine. Its because they don’t want to be associated with the actual racist people that ride around with trump flags and support him as their hero and savior while he laps it up. 

How brown of skin? At one time Republicans wanted Conaleeza Rice to be a candidate. Is her skin brown enough or too brown? What about brown Latinos? Samoan? Which shade of brown should or would be accepted? Because Republican voters have wanted all those shades. 

Not liking Democrats has nothing to do with being a Republican. But people like you cling to the binary like your lives depend on it. It's your God given right to love the Duopoly. But most Americans are more Independent. It's been years since I've attained the freedom of voting 3rd party. I have no plans of falling into the binary trap again. Once you, geeblock, realize that there is nothing for you in either the Democrat party or Republican party, you just might go 3rd party, too.

Tue, Jul 16, 2024 4:10 PM

Speaking of Republicans, it's really funny to me that Trump has gone from drain the swamp to now let's unite. If I had to guess, he has the same disbelief in the protective systems as we all do now and is in appeasement mode. The intelligence parties will live that.

The birth of an establishment candidate!

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 4:13 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

How brown of skin? At one time Republicans wanted Conaleeza Rice to be a candidate. Is her skin brown enough or too brown? What about brown Latinos? Samoan? Which shade of brown should or would be accepted? Because Republican voters have wanted all those shades. 

Not liking Democrats has nothing to do with being a Republican. But people like you cling to the binary like your lives depend on it. It's your God given right to love the Duopoly. But most Americans are more Independent. It's been years since I've attained the freedom of voting 3rd party. I have no plans of falling into the binary trap again. Once you, geeblock, realize that there is nothing for you in either the Democrat party or Republican party, you just might go 3rd party, too.

Again you are just having a conversation with yourself in you own head and trying to have someone to have it with. We aren’t talking about 20 years ago. U can’t blame everything on the democrats and I was just making a joke about a guy named Fuentes pretending to be white. It wasn’t some manifesto about republicans. I’m sorry it touched such a trigger for you.  I’m not a democrat even tho you keep putting me there. I hate both parties and just recently started voting because my wife makes me. I think both parties are stealing money from the people. If that makes you feel better. I wish there was a third party. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 4:35 PM
posted by geeblock

Did you just call others racist and also say Rs can’t accept anyone with brown skin?

You’ve went off the rails before but this one may take the cake.

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 4:38 PM
posted by jmog

Did you just call others racist and also say Rs can’t accept anyone with brown skin?

You’ve went off the rails before but this one may take the cake.

No I didn’t. Not surprised that that is your interpretation tho. As you say it’s factually correct 

Tue, Jul 16, 2024 4:50 PM

I can absolutely bitch about Democrats all I want, especially when they have a sitting President.

geeblock Member
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 4:53 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I can absolutely bitch about Democrats all I want, especially when they have a sitting President.

I get it but every single thing can’t be the democrats fault is all I’m saying there has to be some reflection and balance in looking at both sides is all I’m saying. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 5:52 PM
posted by geeblock

No I didn’t. Not surprised that that is your interpretation tho. As you say it’s factually correct 

You didn’t say that Rs will never accept a person with brown skin?

Come on, I know you went off the rails but it is right there in the words you typed.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 99 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 16, 2024 6:34 PM

Biden in desperation mode.

- wants to try and cap national rent increases to 5% a year. (Literally all economists think this is a bad idea). Lol he also misread it at a speech today and said $55 bc he’s a potato and tried to read it off a teleprompter instead of knowing his policy idea.

https://x.com/thekevindalton/status/1813325997548445706?s=46&t=6w2XbPMrNrOkLnwSSn4TOQ

- wants to put term limits on the Supreme Court 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login