2020 Presidential Election thread

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:42 AM
posted by like_that

And I am saying the Democrats haven't accepted the election results of 2016 yet.

I think a lot of them have, the party leaders mianly.  The impeachment trial was the last grasp at that. It seems the Ds have now thrown their efforts into just beating Trump later this year. They also probably seen the polling that focusing on anything that would overturn 2016, whether it is impeachment, Trump's tax returns, Russia stuff, etc polls really badly. No one cares right now about that shit. 

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:45 AM
posted by Spock

You guys are complete idiots.  Why dont you study and look at trade deals over the past 30 years and realize what Trump did when he got into office to stop the flow of trillions of dollars and millions of jobs out of this country.

THere is a reason why the indicators of our economy took off 3 years ago.  Unemployment down to record levels, GDP went wild, stock market with 1,000 records.

I dont have to be a Trump nuthugger but he surely makes Obama look like a fool when he said "those jobs are never coming back".

I think all of that is largely irrelevant. The virus has completely upended everything. The idea that we will go back to the old normal is a fantasy. People care about how to deal with the virus and employment post-virus. People so far see Trump as failing to address the virus. There is a reason why his approval rating is at its lowest. 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:47 AM
posted by Spock

You guys are complete idiots.  Why dont you study and look at trade deals over the past 30 years and realize what Trump did when he got into office to stop the flow of trillions of dollars and millions of jobs out of this country.

THere is a reason why the indicators of our economy took off 3 years ago.  Unemployment down to record levels, GDP went wild, stock market with 1,000 records.

I dont have to be a Trump nuthugger but he surely makes Obama look like a fool when he said "those jobs are never coming back".

Seek help

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:47 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I think all of that is largely irrelevant. The virus has completely upended everything. The idea that we will go back to the old normal is a fantasy. People care about how to deal with the virus and employment post-virus. People so far see Trump as failing to address the virus. There is a reason why his approval rating is at its lowest. 

Could you imagine the Biden economy getting hit with this?  It would be ten times worse.

By the time summer is over, Trump economy will be better then the non corona economy of the Obama years.

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:48 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Trump is a failure. There’s a reason he is losing in polls by a substantial margin to someone who couldn’t even tell you what state he’s in  

Link?
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:50 AM
posted by Spock

Could you imagine the Biden economy getting hit with this?  It would be ten times worse.

By the time summer is over, Trump economy will be better then the non corona economy of the Obama years.

If cases keep spiking and deaths keep climbing, then no the economy will largely be the same as it is now, if not worse. 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Spock Senior Member
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:51 AM

If cases keep spiking and deaths keep climbing, then no the economy will largely be the same as it is now, if not worse. 

But deaths arent rising, mid June we actually met the criteria to reduce this to non-pandemic stage.  Did the media stop using that term?  Nope.

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:52 AM
posted by Spock
Link?

See also: https://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 10:53 AM
posted by Spock

But deaths arent rising, mid June we actually met the criteria to reduce this to non-pandemic stage.  Did the media stop using that term?  Nope.

Did you not see the death results the last two days? 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 11:19 AM

Yesterday Biden disavowed shareholder capitalism.  I guess he is all in on the Marxist movement.  Given that, he should not win one state, but of course CA, NY, MA, CT are locks, given the radicals therein.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 12:09 PM

I think a lot of them have, the party leaders mianly.  The impeachment trial was the last grasp at that. It seems the Ds have now thrown their efforts into just beating Trump later this year. They also probably seen the polling that focusing on anything that would overturn 2016, whether it is impeachment, Trump's tax returns, Russia stuff, etc polls really badly. No one cares right now about that shit. 

Ok, my bad. I should have said a little over 3 years and not jumped the gun on 4....

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 12:12 PM

I'm looking forward to our woke friends attempting to convince my wife and I to vote for a creepy old guy with credible sexual assault allegations over the woman we're decidedly voting for. Those conversation will be fun.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 12:15 PM
posted by justincredible

I'm looking forward to our woke friends attempting to convince my wife and I to vote for a creepy old guy with credible sexual assault allegations over the woman we're decidedly voting for. Those conversation will be fun.

Haha yeah but "you don't believe in education and roads."  I am sure you have heard that argument several times. 

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 12:22 PM
posted by like_that

Haha yeah but "you don't believe in education and roads."  I am sure you have heard that argument several times. 

"Muh roads!" 

Drink.

Fri, Jul 10, 2020 1:07 PM

Just got my first campaign text. Not sure how they got my number. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 2:36 PM
posted by justincredible

Just got my first campaign text. Not sure how they got my number. 

Should read (for accuracy's sake):

Hi Justin, We hate Donald Trump so much that we're willing to go all in on a man who doesn't even know what day it is.  That's how important we see this election.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 2:44 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

...We hate Donald Trump so much that we're willing to go all in on a man who doesn't even know what day it is. 

So ironic after all the talk about invoking Article 25 to remove Trump...

The other funny thing is I don't really see Trump using the veto.  The guy would happily sign whatever you send him so he can claim he accomplished something.  If Dems take the House and Senate I see Trump and Biden pretty much equally rubber stampers.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 10, 2020 3:05 PM
posted by justincredible

I believe I have already decided to vote for Jo as well. I can't vote for someone with dementia and I don't think I can vote for a complete narcissist. I am about 95% sure that's the way I am going as well. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login