2020 Presidential Election thread

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Sep 26, 2019 11:16 AM

Since Impeachment BS......

Trump get $5 million in donations in 24 hours

the fallout of this for Dems is that Biden will be done (I feel like the whistleblower is an anti-Biden person and this was done more for getting dirt on him and less then Trump)

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 26, 2019 11:47 AM
posted by Spock

...I feel like the whistleblower is an anti-Biden person and this was done more for getting dirt on him and less then Trump)

That's a possibility.  I also sometimes wonder about "manufactured crises" that the Trump campaign orchestrates to embarrass the media and to rally his over how he's been unfairly attacked.

But when I first heard all this about Biden months ago, I wondered how he would avoid a similar investigation to Russia collusion.  The Ukraine thing is a much lesser deal, to me, then how his son got $1B from China for a PE fund.  That....Does....Not....Happen....He had absolutely no pedigree, nor did his partners have much of a pedigree (I think one of the partners was a Kerry!).  The only way they got that money was because of political connections, 100% guaranteed.  That doesn't mean any exchange of quid pro quo, but there's 0 doubt China gave them that money in hopes of getting some influence from it.

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Sep 26, 2019 2:45 PM
posted by gut

That's a possibility.  I also sometimes wonder about "manufactured crises" that the Trump campaign orchestrates to embarrass the media and to rally his over how he's been unfairly attacked.

But when I first heard all this about Biden months ago, I wondered how he would avoid a similar investigation to Russia collusion.  The Ukraine thing is a much lesser deal, to me, then how his son got $1B from China for a PE fund.  That....Does....Not....Happen....He had absolutely no pedigree, nor did his partners have much of a pedigree (I think one of the partners was a Kerry!).  The only way they got that money was because of political connections, 100% guaranteed.  That doesn't mean any exchange of quid pro quo, but there's 0 doubt China gave them that money in hopes of getting some influence from it.

If I were Liz Warren I would announce my VP pick soon.  It will wipe Biden out.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 12:51 PM

Lol Beto goes to Kent State and talks about gun confiscation. You know, where the US gov't shot its' own citizens. What a moron. Gotta be crazy to try and poll above 2%.

Also interesting, Harris not even polling well in her own state. She fell quick.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 1:48 PM
posted by iclfan2

Also interesting, Harris not even polling well in her own state. She fell quick.

She's so incredibly fake because she keeps trying out different images/personalities to project.  She's just not likeable (ala Hillary or Ted Cruz).

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Sep 27, 2019 2:45 PM
posted by gut

She's so incredibly fake because she keeps trying out different images/personalities to project.  She's just not likeable (ala Hillary or Ted Cruz).

I thought she was drunk last debate. 

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 11:04 AM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/02/bernie-sanders-cancels-campaign-events-after-emergency-heart-surgery/

Well Bernie is done.  No way we elect someone that just had heart surgery

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 11:33 AM

I don't think Bernie ever had any chance at the nomination. It's gonna be Warren, right?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 11:49 AM
posted by justincredible

I don't think Bernie ever had any chance at the nomination. It's gonna be Warren, right?

Looks that way. Not sure Biden will be able to overcome his shortcomings. Gross....

gut Senior Member
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 12:56 PM
posted by justincredible

It's still 4 months before the first primaries.  I don't think it will be Bernie, and the Dems seem committed to burying Biden (IMO, the China stuff is a much bigger scandal than Ukraine = 10X the money in management fees, PER YEAR!!!).

So I think that basically leaves Warren and Buttigieg.  Hard for me to imagine Warren actually winning the general - my parents can't stand Trump, but they won't vote for Warren.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 2:01 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/02/bernie-sanders-cancels-campaign-events-after-emergency-heart-surgery/

Well Bernie is done.  No way we elect someone that just had heart surgery

Wait a minute, he went to a U.S. hospital for his major health procedure, and not Cuba or Canada?   WTF. 

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 2:35 PM

Wouldnt it be a super troll move for Trump to resign his term as president to prevent an impeachment then run again for 2020?

gut Senior Member
Wed, Oct 2, 2019 2:41 PM
posted by Spock

Wouldnt it be a super troll move for Trump to resign his term as president to prevent an impeachment then run again for 2020?

There's no chance they ever get 67 Senators unless he's guilty of actual wrongdoing.  Not to mention, if he resigns the NY AG probably has half a dozen prosecutions lined-up for him.

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 3, 2019 8:18 AM

It's becoming pretty apparent that the strategery here is just to say the word "impeachment" as many times as possible over the next 12 months, without actually doing anything about it.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Oct 3, 2019 10:13 AM
posted by fish82

It's becoming pretty apparent that the strategery here is just to say the word "impeachment" as many times as possible over the next 12 months, without actually doing anything about it.

It's kind of funny watching Fox News try to explain this all away with the same diligence and objectivity of the whole Russia collusion thing.  First they were all over changing the rule on first-hand knowledge, which was a red herring.  Now it's about some conspiracy involving collusion with the Democrats on the intel committee.

Again Trump is his own worst enemy, but I don't know how there isn't enough smoke here to investigate.  But on that note, Schiff himself should be impeached (LMAO over Trump calling for his investigation for treason....talk about trampling the line of separation with DOJ).

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Oct 15, 2019 9:18 PM

Dem debate.......these people are getting nowhere.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Oct 16, 2019 6:35 AM
posted by Spock

Dem debate.......these people are getting nowhere.

Now I don't watch any debates because they're worthless, but why does a person who clearly doesn't like Democrats watch the Democrat debate?  That's really weird to me. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 16, 2019 9:02 AM

My wife and I watched for a bit last night, maybe 30 minutes. The only candidates worth considering on that stage were Yang, Pete, and Tulsi.

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Oct 16, 2019 10:49 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Now I don't watch any debates because they're worthless, but why does a person who clearly doesn't like Democrats watch the Democrat debate?  That's really weird to me. 

I watched during tv breaks while watching the new 30 for 30 on the UFC.......I think that watching a little helps solidify your political views either for or against.  Or just for the humor of watching people try to outdo each other in the idiot catagory

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 16, 2019 11:08 AM
posted by Spock

I watched during tv breaks while watching the new 30 for 30 on the UFC.......I think that watching a little helps solidify your political views either for or against.  Or just for the humor of watching people try to outdo each other in the idiot catagory

Well, that's why we read your posts!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login