Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:05 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

You report your friends and family?

Well yeah but I am kinda a dick. 

I’ve reported my own mom before. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:08 AM

The censorship is shocking.  We are literally in a digital civil war. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:09 AM
posted by like_that

You didn't really directly answer my question, but I take that as a yes, you think the same set of rules are applied. 

To answer your question yes, plenty of reasons if you haven't been living in a rock for the last 4 years.  There are plenty of left leaning stories/tweets/posts etc that should be blocked by their set of standards (whether it's to prevent disinformation, violent rhetoric, etc), and they openly allow it to happen.  This isn't even getting into these platforms unequally demonetizing certain pages or people depending on where they lean. 

If they do actually apply the same set of rules, it's normally not as quickly and typically rare.  I am not talking about the shit shared by your cousins or friends.  I am talking about blue checkmark "journalists" with thousands or millions of followers perpetuating false shit that is left unchecked.  0 chance those were not reported either.  Are you really using your own personal experience of reporting your friends and cousins to determine twitter and facebook apply the same set of rules to both sides?  We don't even need to dig deep into it.  If they were actively applying their same approach to the left, you would see many on the left decrying twitter and facebook.   You simply never see it, and (spoiler), it's not because the left is more reasonable.  I mainly use twitter now to read the news, but using your logic, Occupy Democrats would be blocked 24/7 for the shit they post.  I would be shocked if they have ever been blocked. 

Btw, I have to say, weird move reporting your friends and cousins.  I legitimately didn't think normal adults do that shit.  

I mean... it’s literally clicking report article as fake. Why should they get a pass bc we’re friends or related? 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:11 AM

Kamala Harris' communications director and a "non-staff flight crew member" have tested positive for the coronavirus, the campaign announced Thursday morning, adding that Harris will cancel all planned travel for the rest of the week as a precautionary measure.

Will help in avoiding any questions ............ as if they would be asked anyway.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:14 AM

just move over to parler and you can share away all the fake news with the bots and all the right wing nuts.  No one is making anyone go on twitter.

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:15 AM
posted by like_that

You didn't really directly answer my question, but I take that as a yes, you think the same set of rules are applied. 

To answer your question yes, plenty of reasons if you haven't been living in a rock for the last 4 years.  There are plenty of left leaning stories/tweets/posts etc that should be blocked by their set of standards (whether it's to prevent disinformation, violent rhetoric, etc), and they openly allow it to happen.  This isn't even getting into these platforms unequally demonetizing certain pages or people depending on where they lean. 

If they do actually apply the same set of rules, it's normally not as quickly and typically rare.  I am not talking about the shit shared by your cousins or friends.  I am talking about blue checkmark "journalists" with thousands or millions of followers perpetuating false shit that is left unchecked.  0 chance those were not reported either.  Are you really using your own personal experience of reporting your friends and cousins to determine twitter and facebook apply the same set of rules to both sides?  We don't even need to dig deep into it.  If they were actively applying their same approach to the left, you would see many on the left decrying twitter and facebook.   You simply never see it, and (spoiler), it's not because the left is more reasonable.  I mainly use twitter now to read the news, but using your logic, Occupy Democrats would be blocked 24/7 for the shit they post.  I would be shocked if they have ever been blocked. 

Btw, I have to say, weird move reporting your friends and cousins.  I legitimately didn't think normal adults do that shit.  

Sure I did. And yes it’s a yes. 

I emphatically disagree and you should notice most of the left calls zuckerburg a Trump stooge bc their shit gets blocked and they say he’s afraid of Trump ruining facebooks value. 

Yeah those millions of followers are usually your friends and family and same content I was referring to? 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:16 AM

These SCOTUS hearings are such a waste.  Dems basically whining that the SCOTUS should rule what Congress intended rather than what the law actually says.  By definition, a textualist is unbiased - they are simply ruling based on the law you wrote.  You parade up a single individual "this person would have been harmed"....well, SCOTUS cases never impact simply one invididual, and laws almost always have winners and losers.

I really don't understand what's so awful about a SCOTUS that makes Congress actually do their job.  Well, I do understand the point - you want SCOTUS to think a certain way to pick winners and losers where your efforts failed.  I wish voters understood that.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:17 AM
posted by geeblock

just move over to parler and you can share away all the fake news with the bots and all the right wing nuts.  No one is making anyone go on twitter.

If this is directed at me, did you not see where I said twitter and Facebook should be able to  do what they want as a private business and I don’t support the government regulating them?

geeblock Member
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:23 AM
posted by like_that

If this is directed at me, did you not see where I said twitter and Facebook should be able to  do what they want as a private business and I don’t support the government regulating them?

it wasnt take it easy buddy

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:27 AM
posted by geeblock

I've never bothered joining Parler. If I wanted an echo chamber I'd listen Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or something.

Although there are a good amount of libertarians over there, it's not enough to make me want to join.

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:29 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Yeah those millions of followers are usually your friends and family and same content I was referring to? 

I’m not 100% following, but I’m talking about verified  personalities or media sources tweeting/posting questionable material that turns out to be bullshit weeks later. Never are those posts “temporarily” blocked while twitter and Facebook investigate whether it’s accurate. Also the people who share those stories never have their accounts locked. I am not talking about your cousin billy posting an article from infowars or resistdrumpf.com.

Which, btw I think it all should be allowed. If something is blatantly false it shouldn’t be that hard to prove them wrong. Do you really need big brother holding your hand? Reporting people, especially your friends and family is weak as fuck.  Why not just call them out if it actually bugs you?

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:41 AM
posted by like_that

I’m not 100% following, but I’m talking about verified  personalities or media sources tweeting/posting questionable material that turns out to be bullshit weeks later. Never are those posts “temporarily” blocked while twitter and Facebook investigate whether it’s accurate. Also the people who share those stories never have their accounts locked. I am not talking about your cousin billy posting an article from infowars or resistdrumpf.com.

Which, btw I think it all should be allowed. If something is blatantly false it shouldn’t be that hard to prove them wrong. Do you really need big brother holding your hand? Reporting people, especially your friends and family is weak as fuck.  Why not just call them out if it actually bugs you?

So you think fake news should be allowed and get mad when it’s censored? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone with that take before. 

It’s not hard to prove them wrong, that’s why it gets deleted lol? 

And obviously you comment and tell them it’s fake. But people don’t believe shit they post is fake or they wouldn’t have posted it. That’s why you report it and its deleted. It’s not a very tough concept? You have a very flawed logic here. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:50 AM

I don't...

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 10:53 AM

So you think fake news should be allowed and get mad when it’s censored? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone with that take before. 

It’s not hard to prove them wrong, that’s why it gets deleted lol? 

And obviously you comment and tell them it’s fake. But people don’t believe shit they post is fake or they wouldn’t have posted it. That’s why you report it and its deleted. It’s not a very tough concept? You have a very flawed logic here. 

Yes, my take is I don’t need my hand held, but I also respect a private business’ decision even if I don’t agree with it.  Not sure how that makes me mad? Certainly not mad enough to report posts of random people, let alone family and friends... It seems like you need to narc on idiots, otherwise you will lose sleep over it.

That’s not even the point of our debate.  You actually believe they are applying the same set of rules for both sides, because the posts of your cousins that you report are deleted.  Very weak argument. I will bring it back to my reference to occupy democrats. If the same set of rules are applied to both sides, why are they not blocked? I’d place them into the infowars sector and they have nearly 10M followers. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 11:02 AM

New email in Biden case show they were wheeling and dealing in the energy sector in China.

If Joe Biden wins this thing, the US will be owned by China, Russia, Ukraine and likely half the Middle east.

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 11:04 AM

That’s fine that you don’t need your hand held but perhaps you can critically think? Maybe you have an iq above the general public. I personally don’t think it’s right to allow people to lie and push lies. I question someone who thinks it’s fine though lol. 

I absolutely do. You point to occupy democrats like it’s your boogeyman, but they’re not ones pushing conspiracies like infowars. That’s why they were blocked. 

Drudge Is on there? Why aren’t they blocked? Wouldn’t you say they’re the rights version? It’s allowed isn’t it? So what’s your point? Facebook isn’t blocking the rights content. Just because the allow slanted views like occupy democrats. They allow slanted right views as well. 

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 11:07 AM

Clearly Kizer has not visited Drudge lately.

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 11:21 AM
posted by majorspark

Clearly Kizer has not visited Drudge lately.

I don’t know that I’ve ever visited Drudge.  Usually it visits me unfortunately. I haven’t seen Spock share much recently though, you’re right  . 

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 11:23 AM

That’s fine that you don’t need your hand held but perhaps you can critically think? Maybe you have an iq above the general public. I personally don’t think it’s right to allow people to lie and push lies. I question someone who thinks it’s fine though lol. 

I absolutely do. You point to occupy democrats like it’s your boogeyman, but they’re not ones pushing conspiracies like infowars. That’s why they were blocked. 

Drudge Is on there? Why aren’t they blocked? Wouldn’t you say they’re the rights version? It’s allowed isn’t it? So what’s your point? Facebook isn’t blocking the rights content. Just because the allow slanted views like occupy democrats. They allow slanted right views as well. 

Yeah sorry, I have faith in humanity that we don’t need to live in an idiocracy. If you need that safety net, then I don’t know what to tell you. I would say I am surprised, but I know a surprisingly decent amount of people who I consider reasonable intelligent needing that same safety net.  If the media actually did their job a long time instead of turning into entertainment activists, we wouldn’t see many people rushing to full retard sources on both sides. 

OD is just one example of many. Drudge is one guy who shares right leaning links, although he is now anti trump, which is why you don’t see QO copying and pasting all of his links anymore.  I am glad you brought him up, because he is nowhere near the level of sources you’re referring to.  You’re fixated on the fact I don’t think there should be any censorship, which includes these whacko sources.  I’m referring to the generally credible and normal sources, that are getting their content blocked (partially or fully), and/or demonetized. The NY Post is no doubt right leaning, but they are nowhere near all of the sources you are bringing up.  When it comes to these type of sources, they are not even close to being treated as equally as their liberal counterparts.  So many examples, and you can start with the Joe Rogan interview CHS posted. Directly being confirmed by twitter.

geeblock Member
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 11:30 AM

honestly i've only seen the most blatently fake stuff deleted..plandemic, fake african doctor, and now this.  they miss plenty

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login