2020 Presidential Election thread

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 12:53 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

You weren't trying to illustrate some point  You were bagging on the south because it's easy and acceptable.  You were doing the exact same thing you don't like others doing. 

And generally true when it comes to things like data pertaining to education and poverty, but don't let facts get in the way of hurt feelz.

Sometimes I laugh. A decent number of the site's "cry daily about progressives" conservatives act like every part of every major D city is some sort of dystopian hellscape that would make Mad Max and Snake Plisskin say "FUCK IT!!!", turn tail and run like hell, but, damn! Turn things around and say that those more rural, traditionally R states aren't exactly setting standards for prosperity and, suddenly, THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 1:41 PM
posted by Heretic

And generally true when it comes to things like data pertaining to education and poverty, but don't let facts get in the way of hurt feelz.

Sometimes I laugh. A decent number of the site's "cry daily about progressives" conservatives act like every part of every major D city is some sort of dystopian hellscape that would make Mad Max and Snake Plisskin say "FUCK IT!!!", turn tail and run like hell, but, damn! Turn things around and say that those more rural, traditionally R states aren't exactly setting standards for prosperity and, suddenly, THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!

I've never said a word about democrat cities. I'm not interested in that. I was pointing out to geeblock that he was doing the same thing he rails against. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 2:10 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I wouldn’t say these people aren’t deplorable? 

This is great!  Now do the other side!
kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 2:14 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass
This is great!  Now do the other side!

Ok. 

I wouldn’t say these people aren't virtue signalers and very intolerant like the people they claim are also intolerant.

How was that ? 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 2:15 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I've never said a word about democrat cities. I'm not interested in that. I was pointing out to geeblock that he was doing the same thing he rails against. 

Iclfan said poor people in left cities.. I simply pointed out the existence of poor people in rural areas that are right aligned. It wasn’t personal or hypocritical in my opinion just adding perspective as I see it 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 2:18 PM

Ok. 

I wouldn’t say these people aren't virtue signalers and very intolerant like the people they claim are also intolerant.

How was that ? 

Oh.. and I wouldn’t say these people don’t have a white savior complex which is as inherently racist as the people they also claim are racist. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 2:28 PM
posted by geeblock

Iclfan said poor people in left cities.. I simply pointed out the existence of poor people in rural areas that are right aligned. It wasn’t personal or hypocritical in my opinion just adding perspective as I see it 

I didn't take it personally. I'm not a native Alabaman. Just highlighting that you engage in the same generalizations you speak out against. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 4:20 PM
posted by geeblock
He only sees blacks people as being poor and on welfare. He ignores the fact that most people are on welfare are white and don’t live in big cities 

That’s kind of exactly what your presidential candidate said “Poor kids are just as smart as white kids”

So maybe he is a Biden supporter too?

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 4:22 PM
posted by geeblock

Well actually the data supports that a disproportionate amount of UNARMED blacks people are killed by police so no that’s not a good comparison. Let’s also stick to the subject and not go down that rabbit hole for the 20th time 

When you compare them to number of arrests rather than population you are 100% wrong.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 4:25 PM

It’s easier to blame people than face reality.

Hey maybe if we threw a ton of money at printing press industry, newspapers and encyclopedias will come back too? 

Quoted for irony...

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 4:27 PM
posted by jmog

Quoted for irony...

I don’t think you understand irony unless you’re equating poor people to outdated industry. That’s an interesting take though. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 4:56 PM

I mean.... we have little Trump Train parades what seems to be every weekend around here where they like to gather in downtown areas when they’re done and waive their confederate flags and call people with mask going into stores pussies and flicking people off and telling to go fuck theirselves with Biden stickers on cars.....

I wouldn’t say these people aren’t deplorable? 

Is it smart to insult voters? Probably not. But Trumps base isn’t voting for anyone but Trump anyways. 

Agreed. 

Did you know that, once again, there are Bernie Bros going to vote for Trump out of spite? They hate him and everything he says/does, but some of them would rather vote for him than to be told that they don't deserve to know what Biden is going to do or that they are Bernie "dead-enders". 

Democrats have a huge attitude problem, along with the messaging. That's a stand alone statement. I'm guilty of doing this a lot, but bringing up republicans as a qualifier every time something is said about democrats changes nothing. They have a problem, aren't doing anything to change it. 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 5:10 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Agreed. 

Did you know that, once again, there are Bernie Bros going to vote for Trump out of spite? They hate him and everything he says/does, but some of them would rather vote for him than to be told that they don't deserve to know what Biden is going to do or that they are Bernie "dead-enders". 

Democrats have a huge attitude problem, along with the messaging. That's a stand alone statement. I'm guilty of doing this a lot, but bringing up republicans as a qualifier every time something is said about democrats changes nothing. They have a problem, aren't doing anything to change it. 

I find it hard to believe anyone who supports Bernie would vote Trump. But a large segment of his base is unhinged so I guess it makes sense. 

And I do agree with you to an extent, but I don’t think it’s a Democrat problem. It’s a societal problem. Both sides point out the failures of each other while ignoring their side does the same thing. Often on the same example they’re chastising the opposite for.  And all in the name of being right and they’re wrong. It’s basically ruined any chance for meaningful dialogue and just furthering the divide. I don’t see it getting better either. It’s just reinforcing the thought that we’re enemies. 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 5:37 PM

I find it hard to believe anyone who supports Bernie would vote Trump. But a large segment of his base is unhinged so I guess it makes sense. 

While I make the same sort of jokes about them being nuts, it's really not a fair thing. I do think that they are childishly idealistic. I say "childishly" because they're not stopping to realize that not all of the things that they'd like to see happen would last longer than somewhere around 2 years, maybe. I think it's the classic setup of the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Now, there are people within the Bernie bros that are flat out up to no good and all they want to do is burn everything and hurt people. In that same group of people are the ones who won't go burn anything down, assault/kill anybody - but they agree with the actions all the same. 

Purposefully or neglectfully, Bernie didn't do anything to those staffers calling for camps and mass murder except to have them lock their social media accounts. I think that just gave some sort of positive reinforcement to those people who are up to no good. Bernie being passive on that matter was a terrible response. What he should have done was toss them out onto their asses and make a public statement that he disavowed those ideas. 

Also, if you're not on twitter, go ahead and make an account there. You'll see all kinds of crazy stuff haha! You might not believe some Bernie Bros will vote for Trump, but they're out there!

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 5:40 PM

I was referring more to the if I don’t get my way I’m gonna blow it all up attitude so many seem to have. 

Wed, Oct 14, 2020 6:42 AM

So, if Joe Biden wins the senate race he's in, do you think that Pelosi will utilize the 25th amendment on him, is that why she's bringing it up right now?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Oct 14, 2020 6:55 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So, if Joe Biden wins the senate race he's in, do you think that Pelosi will utilize the 25th amendment on him, is that why she's bringing it up right now?

No, I don't see that happening. If anything Biden steps down after a couple years or doesn't run for a 2nd term. 

Wed, Oct 14, 2020 6:55 AM

So this morning I've been catching up on some yt while drinking my coffee, and I watch a Jimmy Dore vid. I disagree with Dore a lot about several things. But there are also several things which I agree with him. This vid explains one of those things.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 14, 2020 11:33 AM

I see the emails just released shred Joe Biden's statements about influence buying/peddling with the Ukrainians --- complete 100% lies.

As usual, no one will challenge him on it, except Trump.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Wed, Oct 14, 2020 11:35 AM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/10/14/nolte-smoking-gun-email-shows-joe-biden-did-meet-with-son-hunters-ukraine-partners/

A water soaked laptop shows up at a computer repair shop that has emails and raunchy videos of Hunter doing dirty stuff.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login