2020 Presidential Election thread

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 10:20 AM
posted by justincredible

Wrong thread?

not sure what happened it was suppossed to be about hunter biden. will repost if i come across it again

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 11:15 AM

posted by justincredible

LOL

Lol, I saw that. It's always great when both candidates are so diligent in trying to prove they are the senile one! Wait...you say that isn't the goal?

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 12:43 PM

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Nice. I could use some lower blood pressure. 

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 2:17 PM
posted by justincredible

It’s so funny when they do these talking points like everyone doesn’t see thru it. The only people who think it’s legit is other demo

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 3:09 PM

Larry Hogan wrote in Ronald Reagan?

Wat

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 3:47 PM

I guess the dipshit didn't know that the Bee was satire? 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Fri, Oct 16, 2020 6:49 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I guess the dipshit didn't know that the Bee was satire? 

To be fair to him not a lot of satire sites attack left ideology lol  I think Babylon bee is one of the only ones. 

Sat, Oct 17, 2020 8:42 AM
posted by kizer permanente

To be fair to him not a lot of satire sites attack left ideology lol  I think Babylon bee is one of the only ones. 

Because they get cancelled if they do lol!

On a more serious note, I just finished watching this vid. Keep in mind that this is a progressive and a republican, both pointing out the serious and blatant censorship that flows mainly in one direction, and the problems with ignoring it and/or pretending it doesn't happen.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 17, 2020 10:32 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

On a more serious note, I just finished watching this vid. Keep in mind that this is a progressive and a republican, both pointing out the serious and blatant censorship that flows mainly in one direction, and the problems with ignoring it and/or pretending it doesn't happen.

I've had this discussion with people before.  The tech monopolies need to be broken-up.  Now, as a free market guy I get all the arguments against that.  But the problem is, the companies they can't destroy with their monopoly power they buy...There has been very loose [non-existent?] regulatory oversight of these acquisitions.  Point being, these companies should never have been allowed to grow to this point.  The standard "market power" tests are broken because not only are they scooping up everyone, but especially before those companies blow up to have enough market share to fail that test.

Youtube becomes a growing and emerging player...it gets bought by Google.  Instagram becomes a growing and emerging player....it gets bought by Facebook.

Where would tech be, right now, if the government hadn't regularly smacked Microsoft when it didn't play fair?  I suppose the alternative is Tik Tok or some other foreign adversary.  That will end well.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Oct 17, 2020 3:19 PM

I'm still not sure what to make of the Hunter Biden laptop story.  It's really hard to believe.  But why doesn't Rudi (or NY Post) produce the laptop for authentication and investigation?  If it's fake news, why doesn't Biden demand they produce the laptop?  Why hasn't Biden denied any of the story?

Although I will say it's entirely possible what Rudi has is a product of Russian intelligence.  Biden's been on their radar at least 12 years - I think it's entirely possible they've hacked and spied enough on Hunter to gather plenty of personal data to make it all look authentic.  Possibly a good enough fake that would be bad for Biden to demand it this close to the election, and bad for Trump because it's not a perfect fake to remain undetected.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 17, 2020 3:59 PM

I think the FBI has the laptop. It supposedly came from a computer shop where someone just left it (which already sounds like bs). Supposedly some of the emails have been confirmed (by Fox fwiw) but I don’t know which ones. Either way, if it was trump we’d never hear the end of it so the left just pretending people shouldn’t look into it is ridiculous. And when one member of the press finally asked Biden about it he had a little hissy fit. 

gut Senior Member
Sat, Oct 17, 2020 4:35 PM

posted by iclfan2

I think the FBI has the laptop. It supposedly came from a computer shop where someone just left it (which already sounds like bs). Supposedly some of the emails have been confirmed (by Fox fwiw) but I don’t know which ones. Either way, if it was trump we’d never hear the end of it so the left just pretending people shouldn’t look into it is ridiculous. And when one member of the press finally asked Biden about it he had a little hissy fit. 

A couple things really piss me off about the story, mostly related to the media.  We all agree censorship is a bad thing.  But I think we also all agree lies masquerading as truth can be even more dangerous.  What's missing, now, is the so-called "credible" media doesn't adhere to the same standards any more.  So if Facebook and Twitter want to block unverified/uncorroborated stories, so be it.  But do it on both sides, and do it equally.

You're 100% spot on about the double standard.  There's more smoke on Hunter Biden then 3.5 years of Russian collusion that saw, literally THOUSANDS of stories written that turned out to be false or very misleading.  Most of which trended, at some point, on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

The second thing, and maybe even more importantly, is either Facebook and Twitter have potentially committed a major campaign finance violation, or NY Post has.  And I'm not sure where that leaves Rudi.  I don't see a middle ground - a huge price has to be paid.  This is not Trump destroying our democracy.  This is major media (ok, I use that loosely with NY Post) deliberately pushing lies and/or censoring the truth.  The media is supposed to be pro-people and not pro-party.

And are we really about to go thru 3 more years of Russian Collusion, but this time targeting a Democrat POTUS?  Obviously not if the Dems win the Senate, but could we have another Special Counsel based on evidence essentially manufactured by Russian intelligence?!?

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Oct 18, 2020 4:37 AM
posted by gut

A couple things really piss me off about the story, mostly related to the media.  We all agree censorship is a bad thing.  But I think we also all agree lies masquerading as truth can be even more dangerous.  What's missing, now, is the so-called "credible" media doesn't adhere to the same standards any more.  So if Facebook and Twitter want to block unverified/uncorroborated stories, so be it.  But do it on both sides, and do it equally.

This is what I said earlier in this thread, but kizer and gblock assured me it's applied equally, because kizer reports his cousins/friends' posts that get removed, and gblock has only ever seen it happen to wacko reports. 
Sun, Oct 18, 2020 6:41 AM

So, Nate Silver did a thing.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Oct 18, 2020 6:55 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

So, Nate Silver did a thing.

I believe that was ONE of his few simulations.  

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 7:11 AM
posted by like_that

Further down in that thread, he links to Nate's thread about it.

In all honesty, I can see Texas at some point turning blue. With so many people leaving California (and other blue states) and moving there, it's very possible.

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 7:11 AM
posted by like_that

Further down in that thread, he links to Nate's thread about it.

In all honesty, I can see Texas at some point turning blue. With so many people leaving California (and other blue states) and moving there, it's very possible.

geeblock Member
Sun, Oct 18, 2020 8:17 AM
posted by like_that
This is what I said earlier in this thread, but kizer and gblock assured me it's applied equally, because kizer reports his cousins/friends' posts that get removed, and gblock has only ever seen it happen to wacko reports. 

Please show me a link that was true or wasn’t wacko that got censored because currently you are going off about a story that is *checks notes* yeah completely wacko, just like every other example that was given in this thread. 

but go off sis

geeblock Member
Sun, Oct 18, 2020 8:22 AM

If anything this looks worse for trump again because now we have the Russians using Rudy to interfere in yet another election. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login