2020 Presidential Election thread

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 17, 2020 1:32 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

No mention of all the crazy and inaccurate shit that Trump said at the ABC townhall or at his presser last night? Not a surprise. 

Would the opposition candidate do a FOX town hall hosted by say Peter Doocy and take questions from "undecided" Trump supporters?  Or would he do nearly daily pressers before a critical and at times hostile and disrespectful media?  You have to wonder how Biden is going to perform in a debate if they ever happen.  I guess I just don't understand the political strategy.  This is where I believe the media bias blinds minds.
Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Sep 17, 2020 2:21 PM

I listen to Rogan all the time.  One of the best podcasts.  He wouldnt let either of those 2 get away with any of the political crap.

If Trump was smart, He would go on Rogans podcast by himself.  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 2:59 AM
posted by Spock

I listen to Rogan all the time.  One of the best podcasts.  He wouldnt let either of those 2 get away with any of the political crap.

If Trump was smart, He would go on Rogans podcast by himself.  

This would be terrible idea for Trump to do before the election. 

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 5:58 AM

I listen/watch a lot of Rogan's podcasts. He's very progressive on a lot of things such as medicaid for all. Other things like gun control - not so much. In a setting where there is 4 hours to talk in detail about things, without 20 second time limits, I think viewers would get to hear so much more vital information. But I agree with the others that it will never happen. 

Apparently people on Twitter and The View are saying that Joe Rogan is far right. He's anything but. But I think we can all agree that, to a progressive, anything to the right of Bernie is far right. That's just their political worldview.

It's also amazing to me how so many very progressive people who were acting like their skin was melting off and that somebody had slapped their mother over the fact that Bernie didn't win the primary, because the DNC rigged it for Biden (which I think is a pretty fair claim) are now all in for Joe. Perhaps it is the "vote blue no matter who" idea. But I think if I were a progressive who had my heart set on Bernie I'd be a little more resentful and vote third party. All of their talk about "revolution" disintegrates, doesn't it?
I'm not buying into the fact that it's because of Trump Derangement Syndrome and perhaps that is my blind spot with this.

Ptown, since you are probably leaning into progressivism more lately, perhaps you might have better insight to this than I do.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 8:17 AM
posted by like_that
I assume you have to be trolling at this point?

Partially. 

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 8:18 AM
posted by majorspark
Would the opposition candidate do a FOX town hall hosted by say Peter Doocy and take questions from "undecided" Trump supporters?  Or would he do nearly daily pressers before a critical and at times hostile and disrespectful media?  You have to wonder how Biden is going to perform in a debate if they ever happen.  I guess I just don't understand the political strategy.  This is where I believe the media bias blinds minds.

He should do a Fox one. But, at the very least, he did a CNN one last night. 

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 8:41 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I listen/watch a lot of Rogan's podcasts. He's very progressive on a lot of things such as medicaid for all. Other things like gun control - not so much. In a setting where there is 4 hours to talk in detail about things, without 20 second time limits, I think viewers would get to hear so much more vital information. But I agree with the others that it will never happen. 

Apparently people on Twitter and The View are saying that Joe Rogan is far right. He's anything but. But I think we can all agree that, to a progressive, anything to the right of Bernie is far right. That's just their political worldview.

It's also amazing to me how so many very progressive people who were acting like their skin was melting off and that somebody had slapped their mother over the fact that Bernie didn't win the primary, because the DNC rigged it for Biden (which I think is a pretty fair claim) are now all in for Joe. Perhaps it is the "vote blue no matter who" idea. But I think if I were a progressive who had my heart set on Bernie I'd be a little more resentful and vote third party. All of their talk about "revolution" disintegrates, doesn't it?
I'm not buying into the fact that it's because of Trump Derangement Syndrome and perhaps that is my blind spot with this.

Ptown, since you are probably leaning into progressivism more lately, perhaps you might have better insight to this than I do.

LOL. Thanks for lumping in with the progressives. My progressive friends would be shocked to learn that. 

I don't mind Joe Rogan. I think he does not fit into one political party or ideology box, which may be one reason why he is so popular. 

You think this years Democratic nomination was rigged for Biden? Ok. that is a new one for me. 

I think you are seeing all the Ds come together for two big reasons. 1. Hillary was not well liked and 2. Everyone really does dislike and want to vote Trump out of office. All throughout the D primary, the number one issue was to remove Trump. Biden led in the polls on who could best do that and hence he is the nominee.  

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 10:00 AM

"Apparently people on Twitter and The View....."

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 10:48 AM
posted by like_that

This would be terrible idea for Trump to do before the election. 

For what reason?  Joe would give an honest interview and let him really dig into the weeds on why he does what he does.  I think Rogan would agree with about 75% of what Trump would say

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 11:03 AM

I don't think Trump is capable of having a normal discussion. Rogan would grill him and he'd just deflect to random shit.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 11:21 AM

Neither of these two are going in Rogan's show. Biden's handlers would never allow him to be exposed to open ended questioning that could flow in any direction. He's not even close to being up to that. That much off the cuff would be a complete trainwreck as it would lay bare his mental decline  Trump wouldn't go because he'd be unable to go deep into any topics plus he'd be unable to control the discussion - Rogan would call him out and his only strategy would be saying, "You're being very nasty".  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 11:51 AM
posted by Spock

For what reason?  Joe would give an honest interview and let him really dig into the weeds on why he does what he does.  I think Rogan would agree with about 75% of what Trump would say

Trump would not be able to handle Rogan for 2-4 hours. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 11:56 AM
posted by like_that

Trump would not be able to handle Rogan for 2-4 hours. 

Gotta give Bernie credit for sitting down with him.  As much as I hate his politics, Bernie isn't a drooling idiot like Biden and Trump.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 1:20 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

LOL. Thanks for lumping in with the progressives. My progressive friends would be shocked to learn that.

It's the joys of political discourse nowadays. To the hardcore left-wingers, anything right of Bernie isn't left enough to the degree that definite liberals can get lumped in with right-wingers. To the people on the other end of the spectrum, being a Democrat means you done drank all the progressive kool-aid. It really feels like people have lost all sense of being able to critically think and just want to look at everything as a straight black-and-white issue despite the fact the world is composed of many shades of grey.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 7:54 PM

Well holy shit, shit just got even crazier.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 7:59 PM

Not that Biden isn't probably going to win, but RBG might definitely put him over the top now.

Would be a terrible mistake if McConnell tried to rush thru a replacement.  That would virtually guarantee the Dems pack the court when they get back control.  There's literally no time - I think 70 days might be average, and there's like 52 ahead of the election (and not sure how often they are even in session because almost everyone is out campaigning).

Although nominating Garland would be a heck of a twist.

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 7:59 PM
gut Senior Member
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 8:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

McConnell can't really say anything other than "yup".

But what if the Repubs hang on to the Senate?  That'll be fun.

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Sep 18, 2020 8:05 PM
posted by iclfan2

That was quick.

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 8:06 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

That was quick.

One is a head in government and one is a twitter guy. Close though. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login