Poll: Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 8:26 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I thought he did some gauging of Bosh and Wade's interest in coming to Cleveland in 2010 though? I'm trying not to pay too much attention to any of it. If you try hard enough you could probably find sources that suggest about anything. Mock drafts are a perfect example of that. I've seen Trae Young, Porter, Sexton, and Bagley all linked to the 8th pick.  

Bagley is not falling past 3, imo. 

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 8:37 AM
posted by like_that

I can't get on the Gilbert hate train like some of you all.  Yeah there is shit he does that is annoying.  He has an ego and so does Lebron, but don't forget what Gilbert did to get Cleveland it's first title since 1964.  I am not going to go over everything, but he took on some BAD contracts after Lebron left, and then he paid luxury tax out of the ass when Lebron came. Not many owners are willing to do that shit.  Cleveland fans (tribe/browns/cavs), should know better too.  Dolan is a cheap ass, and no doubt Haslam didn't fire Hue, because he is currently paying 3 coaches.

He is easily the greatest owner Cleveland has ever had. Tell me why I am wrong. 

I don't want to give the impression that I'm hating on DG. I'm just saying that liking people you didn't end up with is like pissing in the ocean. If he was a great talent evaluator, we'd have seen more out of the draft than we have. No player that has added important minutes over the last 3 years has been a draft pick (LBJ don't count).

Crimson streak Senior Member
9,170 posts 51 reps Joined Jun 2010
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 9:26 AM

Windhorst reported yesterday that LeBron doesn’t really want to leave Cleveland but changes have to be made. Basically it’s lebron putting pressure on the front office to make a big move. If the Cavs make a move to get a guy like Leonard or George or someone like that 100% lebron stays. It’s up to this front office to get something done 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 9:53 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Bagley is not falling past 3, imo. 

This

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 10:09 AM
posted by Crimson streak

Windhorst reported yesterday that LeBron doesn’t really want to leave Cleveland but changes have to be made. Basically it’s lebron putting pressure on the front office to make a big move. If the Cavs make a move to get a guy like Leonard or George or someone like that 100% lebron stays. It’s up to this front office to get something done 

Yeah, I don't think he wants to leave as much as he may be forced to leave. With all of the BS rumors floating around like "his wife is enrolling the kids in school in LA", I just heard he's enrolled in Copley this fall. Even with that being said, I still don't give him the SuperMax contract. I'd be cool with 3 more years but after that, the returns wouldn't be worth the investment.

Tue, Jun 19, 2018 10:11 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, I don't think he wants to leave as much as he may be forced to leave. With all of the BS rumors floating around like "his wife is enrolling the kids in school in LA", I just heard he's enrolled in Copley this fall. Even with that being said, I still don't give him the SuperMax contract. I'd be cool with 3 more years but after that, the returns wouldn't be worth the investment.

I'm giving LBJ whatever the fuck he wants. If you can lock up the best player on the planet for 3 years, who cares if you get him for a few years after that on a bad contract? It's either that or he walks tomorrow. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 10:14 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I'm giving LBJ whatever the fuck he wants. If you can lock up the best player on the planet for 3 years, who cares if you get him for a few years after that on a bad contract? It's either that or he walks tomorrow. 

LOL...if he stays, do you really think he will commit to 5 years? Very doubtful. Despite what you may think, he's not invincible. Dude is due for an injury. Even Jordan didn't dodge that bullet. Plus his play isn't going to stay at this level forever, despite what you might think.

Tue, Jun 19, 2018 10:21 AM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL...if he stays, do you really think he will commit to 5 years? Very doubtful. Despite what you may think, he's not invincible. Dude is due for an injury. Even Jordan didn't dodge that bullet. Plus his play isn't going to stay at this level forever, despite what you might think.

Huh?  You said you wouldn't give him a Super Max contract. I'm saying you're crazy. I never said he would sign that (he won't) nor did I say he would play at an elite level after 3 years. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 10:40 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Whole heartedly agree. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 10:57 AM

Yeah, LeBron wants a 10 year contract, give it to him. Ask yourself this...LeBron on a terrible contract 5 years from now or a bunch of young dudes fighting for the playoffs next year? I'll take LeBron on a bad contract. Mostly because you get him for the next 2 at an elite level, competing for titles versus draft picks. I dont really care what 5 years from now looks like, cause the Cavs wont be contending for anything anyway. Might as well capitalize now.

Tue, Jun 19, 2018 11:04 AM
posted by Laley23

Yeah, LeBron wants a 10 year contract, give it to him. Ask yourself this...LeBron on a terrible contract 5 years from now or a bunch of young dudes fighting for the playoffs next year? I'll take LeBron on a bad contract. Mostly because you get him for the next 2 at an elite level, competing for titles versus draft picks. I dont really care what 5 years from now looks like, cause the Cavs wont be contending for anything anyway. Might as well capitalize now.

This. 

And I don’t think BR disagrees. I think he is just obsessed with telling us that LBJ won’t be playing at an elite level for much longer. Which, no one really disagrees with. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 11:19 AM
posted by Laley23

This is an easy decision.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 12:11 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

This. 

And I don’t think BR disagrees. I think he is just obsessed with telling us that LBJ won’t be playing at an elite level for much longer. Which, no one really disagrees with. 

I'm looking at this from a business (Dan Gilbert's) perspective, not a fans. Yes, signing LBJ to the SuperMax (5 years) would be a gesture in good faith but not the best business decision if DG wants to move on after LBJ starts to decline. Only reason I said don't sign him to the 5 years.

Of course it would be a great "feel good" story but I don't think those guys have that kind of mutual respect. I think Gilbert would like LBJ back but would also relish the challenge of building something without him.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 12:20 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm looking at this from a business (Dan Gilbert's) perspective, not a fans. Yes, signing LBJ to the SuperMax (5 years) would be a gesture in good faith but not the best business decision if DG wants to move on after LBJ starts to decline. Only reason I said don't sign him to the 5 years.

Of course it would be a great "feel good" story but I don't think those guys have that kind of mutual respect. I think Gilbert would like LBJ back but would also relish the challenge of building something without him.

Why wouldn't it be a good business decision? The alternative is LBJ leaves and they're basically the Orlando Magic? 

Also, they had four seasons to build without Lebron and went 97-215. 

Tue, Jun 19, 2018 12:25 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I just can’t wrap my mind around your through process on this. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 1:27 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Still sticking with "I think he's staying." Sounds like he's actually doing some behind the scenes recruiting to see what the interest would be of other stars coming here. The big question will be as to whether he can convince anyone to come here.

This may sound odd but I've kind of cooled off on them bringing in Kawhi Leonard. I would have some interest in seeing if they could snag CJ McCollum.

Good thought, plus he is a Canton guy.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 1:30 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Why wouldn't it be a good business decision? The alternative is LBJ leaves and they're basically the Orlando Magic? 

Also, they had four seasons to build without Lebron and went 97-215. 

The second part is what I really agree with. While I agree with BR that James and Gilbert probably don't have a great deal of love/respect for each other, I think it'd take a fuck of a lot of hubris for Gilbert to take the "Fuck that guy; we'll be okay!" approach to things, considering how well things worked out the last time James left. It didn't take long for things to go from "It's the East, so they'll still have a good shot at a low seed!" to "FML..."

Crimson streak Senior Member
9,170 posts 51 reps Joined Jun 2010
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 4:04 PM

Also to add fuck Indiana’s gm for pulling a deal that was agreed on that had Paul George in Cleveland. This wouldn’t even be a thread if it wasn’t for that dumb fuck 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Tue, Jun 19, 2018 4:29 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Also to add fuck Indiana’s gm for pulling a deal that was agreed on that had Paul George in Cleveland. This wouldn’t even be a thread if it wasn’t for that dumb fuck 

Remind me of that story again?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login