Poll: Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 12, 2018 2:43 PM
posted by Ironman92

LeBron Jr enrolling in LA prep school with Scottie Pippen’s son.

Just saw it on twitter and figured it had to be true 😀

Gary Payton tell ya that? 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 12, 2018 2:51 PM
posted by wildcats20

Me and Gar haven’t spoken in a while. I may have seen it there.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 12, 2018 4:22 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I would tell DG that he already had the opportunity wtih extreme Draft Lotto luck/capital and were no closer than before LBJ. If true, he's a delusional idiot.

That's kind of what I was thinking with how the whole comic sans "we're gonna win one before HE DOES!!!!!!" letter panned out. DG is the sort of owner who'd be best off if he just signed big checks and stayed in the background, letting ANYONE else handle the actual work, but whose ego doesn't seem capable of that sort of thing.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Jun 13, 2018 5:30 AM

I would tell DG that he already had the opportunity wtih extreme Draft Lotto luck/capital and were no closer than before LBJ. If true, he's a delusional idiot.

Can you imagine how good this team could be if it weren't for the Bennett, Thompson, etc.. draft picks. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 13, 2018 9:27 AM
posted by wildcats20

Chris Sheridan said it this morning on 92.3 as well.  If that is true, he gone. Regardless, no chance he signs the option

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 13, 2018 9:28 AM
posted by iclfan2

Chris Sheridan said it this morning on 92.3 as well.  If that is true, he gone. Regardless, no chance he signs the option

Yeah it’s staruing to grow some legs. But it was Gary Payton who randomly started spreading it around a few days ago. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 13, 2018 10:39 AM

Wouldn't be June/July without the rumors about where Lebron's buying a new house, his kids going to school at, etc. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Jun 13, 2018 12:01 PM
posted by like_that

If Lebron is traded to Houston what are the chances Cavs get a trade rape for 2-3 unprotected first round picks starting in 2022?

I doubt this would happen. Sounds like he doesn't really like Houston as a city.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Jun 13, 2018 12:04 PM

I completely agree. They had unbelievable luck in the draft and they pissed down their legs. I can't believe he'd (DG) be any better this time.

If LBJ stays, I wouldn't mind if it was on his one year deals with an option for a second. Greatest player still but signing him to a 5 year max deal would be dumb on Gilbert's part.

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Wed, Jun 13, 2018 6:00 PM

If I'm Cleveland, I build the statue now.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 8:10 AM

To back track a little on Dan Gilbert and their draft capital, I kind of have to give him a bit of a pass for those shitty drafts. Sounds like he wanted Oladipo over Anthony Bennett and he also wanted them to take Draymond Green over Jae Crowder before he was traded to Dallas. How good would a nucleus of LBJ, Oladipo & Green look?

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 8:50 AM

i also heard gilbert was big on jordan in '84.

come on

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 8:55 AM
posted by j_crazy

i also heard gilbert was big on jordan in '84.

come on

All I'm saying is that maybe Gilbert's talent evaluation isn't as bad as some may think. The Draymond Green interest would be obvious. And I'm not implying that Gilbert should have anything to do with picking players.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:31 AM

Oh Gilbert was Big on Draymond and Oladipo? Congratufuckinglations!

come on BR. That means jack shit. That’s like a guy betting non team A to beat team B but not feeling good about it. Then when team B wins, he says “I called that”. No you didn’t, you bet on team A. Gilbert is in charge, if he was “big” on those two guys, it doesn’t fucking matter because he didn’t take them. 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:39 AM

Big on two guys that they didn't get, but his talent evaluation is ok guys!

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 10:21 AM

I can't get on the Gilbert hate train like some of you all.  Yeah there is shit he does that is annoying.  He has an ego and so does Lebron, but don't forget what Gilbert did to get Cleveland it's first title since 1964.  I am not going to go over everything, but he took on some BAD contracts after Lebron left, and then he paid luxury tax out of the ass when Lebron came. Not many owners are willing to do that shit.  Cleveland fans (tribe/browns/cavs), should know better too.  Dolan is a cheap ass, and no doubt Haslam didn't fire Hue, because he is currently paying 3 coaches.

He is easily the greatest owner Cleveland has ever had. Tell me why I am wrong. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 11:50 AM
posted by like_that

I can't get on the Gilbert hate train like some of you all.  Yeah there is shit he does that is annoying.  He has an ego and so does Lebron, but don't forget what Gilbert did to get Cleveland it's first title since 1964.  I am not going to go over everything, but he took on some BAD contracts after Lebron left, and then he paid luxury tax out of the ass when Lebron came. Not many owners are willing to do that shit.  Cleveland fans (tribe/browns/cavs), should know better too.  Dolan is a cheap ass, and no doubt Haslam didn't fire Hue, because he is currently paying 3 coaches.

He took on Baron Davis which ended up parlaying into the Kyrie pick. Like you said, he's done some stupid shit but he's also ponied up a boatload of money, which most other owners won't. He allowed the group & the GM to make that Bennett pick, even though it was on record (at the time) that he favored Oladipo. That wasn't a "hindsight/bullshit" type thing like some here are implying.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 12:02 PM
posted by like_that

Gilbert is fine. I’m not hating on him as an owner. I’m hating on him as a talent evaluator. He is a GREAT owner when he sits back and pays for what a real GM (D Griffin) asks him for. He is not a good owner when he tries to handle the day to day tasks that a GM should do and try and evaluate talent. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 1:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Gilbert is fine. I’m not hating on him as an owner. I’m hating on him as a talent evaluator. He is a GREAT owner when he sits back and pays for what a real GM (D Griffin) asks him for. He is not a good owner when he tries to handle the day to day tasks that a GM should do and try and evaluate talent. 

Outside of Griffin, I can't think of a good hire he's made.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 15, 2018 1:52 PM

Kawhi Leonard wanting out of San Antonio seems official now, with him preferring the Lakers or Knicks.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login