Poll: Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 8, 2018 6:56 PM

If he has to leave...I prefer Philly, then Lakers.

Fuck Harden

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 8, 2018 7:05 PM

I get that Houston would instantly give me a shot at the title...but there isn’t enough basketball to go around with him, Harden, and CP3. I don’t think it would work. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 8, 2018 9:08 PM

I originally didn't think Houston would work, but I am now of the belief that Lebron could make anything work (if others are willing... see IT).

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jun 8, 2018 11:01 PM

My heart says he stays but my head says Lakers.

Classyposter58 Senior Member
6,458 posts 11 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 9, 2018 12:07 AM

Joins his best friend Blake Griffin in the Motor City for almost no money is my best guess

wes_mantooth Tomfoolery & shenanigans
18,072 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 9, 2018 10:39 AM

Cavs or Philly.

I know people think Houston or the Lakers but I think they are terrible fits.

I think the key to things are if David Griffin ends up in Philly.

Lakers don't have enough in place.... Or really even close to enough to get him passed Houston or GS

As for Houston, playing with the biggest fraud in basketball.... Harden, don't see that happening

No idea why he'd stay in Cleveland other than because of family reasons.  He can maneuver through the shitty East, but then get thumped again

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 9, 2018 11:03 AM
posted by wildcats20

I’ve seen rumors that have Kyrie trying to work a trade to the Knicks. Which would be so dumb, I can’t even fathom. 

Dude's a flat-earther. No amount of his stupidity should be that hard to fathom. Just think: What would a person with a brain do? And then pick the opposite choice and you've got Kyrie's thought process.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 9, 2018 2:35 PM

It comes down to what he's trying to accomplish next - championships or increase fame and fortune? That's why the Lakers have a shot. He could learn a lot from Magic Johnson. I don't know what else the pitch would be other than hoping another big name would sign also. "We finished 11th in the west last year and when things don't go well you can listen to Lavar say Lonzo should be getting more of your minutes!"

The Cavs could do something similar. "Finish out your career here and maybe wink wink we can work something out for you as a part owner after." 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 9, 2018 5:38 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It comes down to what he's trying to accomplish next - championships or increase fame and fortune? That's why the Lakers have a shot. He could learn a lot from Magic Johnson. I don't know what else the pitch would be other than hoping another big name would sign also. "We finished 11th in the west last year and when things don't go well you can listen to Lavar say Lonzo should be getting more of your minutes!"

The Cavs could do something similar. "Finish out your career here and maybe wink wink we can work something out for you as a part owner after." 

Well, they have enough for 2 Max Contracts. And PG13 is basically a given. From the area and has openly said he wants to be a Laker. 

Is Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma, PG and LeBron enough to beat GSW? I don't know. But its not the worst roster I have seen...

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jun 9, 2018 5:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Like laley said, the draw to go to LA is because they can bring on another superstar. Something that isn’t guaranteed in Cleveland. 

Sat, Jun 9, 2018 5:48 PM

I kinda want to put $100 on the lakers to win the title next year. 20:1 odds and just pray Lebron ends up there. 

Classyposter58 Senior Member
6,458 posts 11 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 10, 2018 12:01 PM
posted by wes_mantooth

Cavs or Philly.

I know people think Houston or the Lakers but I think they are terrible fits.

I think the key to things are if David Griffin ends up in Philly.

Lakers don't have enough in place.... Or really even close to enough to get him passed Houston or GS

As for Houston, playing with the biggest fraud in basketball.... Harden, don't see that happening

No idea why he'd stay in Cleveland other than because of family reasons.  He can maneuver through the shitty East, but then get thumped again

Idk if either Harden or Lebron can coexist. One thing you have to give GSW is they are completely without ego on the court. Just a win first group which is incredible considering how good Thompson, Curry and Durant are

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Jun 11, 2018 2:02 PM

Last summer I said LA doesn't make sense.  I am not sure Lebron/PG/Lonzo are close to enough to knock off GSW.  Hell, they would have a tight series with Houston as well.  Last year I said it would make more sense for him to stay in the East and join philly or even Boston.  This was before we knew Philly would make a stride.  

If the Cavs never won the title, his departure would be miserable.  It's going to suck to see him go, but it won't hurt nearly as much as 2010.  If he goes, I hope it is with a roster that will fuck the Warriors.  I.e. Somehow he goes to the spurs with PG, while they keep Kawhi.  It would probably be a good way to prove a point to the NBA that mega super teams are no longer good for the NBA. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 11, 2018 3:55 PM
posted by like_that

NBA that mega super teams are no longer good for the NBA. 

It's not going away, unfortunately, and how do they stop it?  

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Mon, Jun 11, 2018 4:13 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

It's not going away, unfortunately, and how do they stop it?  

Hard cap.

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 11, 2018 4:23 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Hard cap.

Literally the only way. Make a salary cap and that’s it. No luxury tax, no exemptions. $100M(or whatever $$) and that’s it. And have a high floor, so teams can’t blatantly tank. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 11, 2018 4:34 PM

I’d like to see LeBron and Westbrook in the same place...How about New Orleans?

Mon, Jun 11, 2018 4:43 PM
posted by Ironman92

Westbrook with any star is a nightmare. Great stats player but he can’t coexist with other super star players. He needs to be playing in OKC by himself forever. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 11, 2018 4:58 PM
posted by Ironman92

The Pacers have room for two max contacts. 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 11, 2018 5:01 PM

So, Lonzo released a diss track on Kyle Kuzma. Can't imagine LeBron wants to be a part of that circus. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login