Poll: Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:01 PM
posted by wildcats20

Oooooorrrrrr Lonzo is going so San Antonio. 

This would be great for two reasons:

1. LaVar having to deal with the implosion of his "all my sons are playing for the Lakers" dream now that Lonzo's been traded and LiAngelo is trash.

2. The pure joy of watching Pop's "what the fuck is this shit?" reactions to anything LaVar related.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:01 PM

Haha that’d be really stupid by the spurs to just sit Kawhi all year, but I’d really love to see it. Fuck kawhi 

wildcats20 In ROY I Trust!!
29,653 posts 76 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:07 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Haha that’d be really stupid by the spurs to just sit Kawhi all year, but I’d really love to see it. Fuck kawhi 

It wouldn’t be the Spurs sitting Kawhi. It would be him choosing not to play. 

Which, I don’t even know how that would work?

Mon, Jul 2, 2018 6:37 PM
posted by wildcats20

It wouldn’t be the Spurs sitting Kawhi. It would be him choosing not to play. 

Which, I don’t even know how that would work?

I meant it’d be stupid not to trade him when the alternative is he won’t play and will then walk next year. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 2, 2018 10:48 PM

So, if they don’t manage to trade for Kawhi (even if they do?) lebrons first year in LA is going to be a total waste. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 7:44 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

So, if they don’t manage to trade for Kawhi (even if they do?) lebrons first year in LA is going to be a total waste. 

I don't think him going to LA was about winning championships. If that's what he wanted, Philly would've been a better option. At least he'd likely be in the Finals. He'll be lucky to get there in his 3-4 years with the Lakers, imo.

On a side note, it may sound a little crazy, but I wouldn't rule out Lebron returning to Cleveland a third time, on a one year deal, for his "farewell tour."

slingshot4ever Senior Member
4,535 posts 21 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 12:24 PM

I would only do that for a vet minimum.

Verbal Kint Senior Member
1,062 posts 16 reps Joined Jul 2017
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 12:34 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I don't think him going to LA was about winning championships.

Jerseys and shoes

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 12:57 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Jerseys and shoes

Lebron doesn’t need to go to a big market to make himself more marketable. He has proven this his entire career. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 1:26 PM
posted by like_that

Lebron doesn’t need to go to a big market to make himself more marketable. He has proven this his entire career. 

No but a new team jersey and shoes will be an inevitable big seller this year. But yeah he doesn’t need LA for that. He could have gone to Utah and sold the same amount. 

Tue, Jul 3, 2018 1:46 PM
posted by kizer permanente

No but a new team jersey and shoes will be an inevitable big seller this year. But yeah he doesn’t need LA for that. He could have gone to Utah and sold the same amount. 

23.8 > 3.1

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 2:42 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

23.8 > 3.1

Lebron is a world brand.  This does not matter at all.  Using this logic can you explain why NBA reached the highest ratings for the finals when Lebron was in Cleveland vs Miami? The state of Ohio mainly carried those ratings btw. 

Lebron doesn't need to go to a bigger market to increase the value of his brand. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 4:44 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

23.8 > 3.1

Dude go around the country and see how many people wearing Cavs gear lol Do you think a single one will be next year? No. They’ll all be in Laker gear. They all would have been in whatever team he went to gear. 

I don’t know how old you are, but when I was a kid everyone wore Bulls gear in Ohio. Bulls starter jackets galore. Jordan had fans in every city. And Lebron has them in every country. The city he’s in doesn’t matter anymore. 

Tue, Jul 3, 2018 5:44 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Dude go around the country and see how many people wearing Cavs gear lol Do you think a single one will be next year? No. They’ll all be in Laker gear. They all would have been in whatever team he went to gear. 

I don’t know how old you are, but when I was a kid everyone wore Bulls gear in Ohio. Bulls starter jackets galore. Jordan had fans in every city. And Lebron has them in every country. The city he’s in doesn’t matter anymore. 

I truly underestimate the bandwagon effect

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 6:58 PM
posted by like_that

Lebron is a world brand.  This does not matter at all.  Using this logic can you explain why NBA reached the highest ratings for the finals when Lebron was in Cleveland vs Miami? The state of Ohio mainly carried those ratings btw. 

Lebron doesn't need to go to a bigger market to increase the value of his brand. 

100% agree

He went to LA to be mentored by Magic on life after basketball.  Magic isn't a business man. He's a business, man. 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 3, 2018 7:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

On a side note, it may sound a little crazy, but I wouldn't rule out Lebron returning to Cleveland a third time, on a one year deal, for his "farewell tour."

I've been thinking about this all day.  

I think it is a possibility.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 4, 2018 3:41 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I don't see it, but who knows. Right now I think you have a better chance of doing a farewell tour with the Cavs than he does. 

jordo212000 Senior Member
10,676 posts 11 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 4, 2018 10:30 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I don't see it, but who knows. Right now I think you have a better chance of doing a farewell tour with the Cavs than he does. 

Gilbert was happy to “have his team back.” A return would mean he would have to give it back to Lebron all over again. I’m not counting on that to happen, but several years in the lottery could humble him like it did last time 

thavoice Senior Member
15,437 posts 42 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 4, 2018 11:27 PM
posted by like_that

He can always get bigger and this likely opens up a few more things for him, some of which he hasn't even attempted yet.

Sucks he had to screw over the fans of Cleveland a second time.   

Thu, Jul 5, 2018 12:46 AM

Lebron cannot get bigger. You literally cannot become more of a star than LeBron James. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login