Poll: Where is Lebron Headed this Offseason?

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 8:57 PM

Can they add anyone else now?

MontyBrunswick Senior Member
1,065 posts 16 reps Joined Mar 2015
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

i'm sure lebron is trying to convince them to sign mike miller right now

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

The Cavs or the Lakers?

The Lakers can because LeBron orchestrated that trade at the deadline to open up cap space. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:03 PM
posted by superman

The Cavs or the Lakers?

The Lakers can because LeBron orchestrated that trade at the deadline to open up cap space. 

This is going to be brought up a lot, but if we are being real the Lakers would have made that space with or without the Cavs.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:06 PM

Thanks

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:08 PM

Thanks for the one title. 

See ya. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:14 PM

I bet they've already told Lavar to keep his mouth shut for the next three years. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:18 PM
posted by Ironman92

I'm sure something is already in the works. Lebron wouldn't go there without knowing Cousins or Kawhi isn't far behind. Otherwise that team isn't getting past Golden State (or Houston). 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:22 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't understand anyone being angry at him.  He fulfilled his contract in Cleveland, he won the city its first championship in 50 years and he brought more attention to the Cavs than they ever had before.  Like the rest of us, he is free to work wherever he wants.  I am sorry that he won't be with the Cavs any longer.  But I respect his right to go where he wants to.  If any boss of mine ever wrote an internet letter like the one Gilbert did, I would never ever trust him regardless of what he said.  

I agree with this. To me, this wasn't about Lebron winning championships. It was about his aspirations of life after basketball (movies, etc). If he was really chasing rings, his smart move would've been Philly.

As someone mentioned, I'll go on record that he never wins a ring in LA. In fact, I'm skeptical he will ever get to the Finals again as long as the GSW's stay intact and motivated. Hell, the Lakers would have to get through Houston too. Adding LBJ likely just made the Lakers a #4 or #5 seed.

Not mad about this at all. He brought the ring, which he promised (thank you), so "see ya." It will suck watching Cavs basketball though.

The 4 year deal was kind of shitty. As mentioned, both DG & Lebron are to blame for this. Didn't seem like they got good enough players around him and, even when they did, they were usually LBJ's preferences. Hooking his boys (JR & TT) up with fat contracts helped leave this team hamstrung.

All in all, appreciate the ring but a lot of his 11 years here his talent was wasted. Cleveland should've had more hardware to show for a once a lifetime talent.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:24 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I bet they've already told Lavar to keep his mouth shut for the next three years. 

Nah, he'll somehow want to take some kind of credit for this. Ego's gonna ego.

Classyposter58 Senior Member
6,458 posts 11 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:31 PM

I think the funny part about all of this is that LA doesn’t have this cap space without trading to the Cavs last season. Maybe they could have shipped off those shitty contracts but the Cavs made it guaranteed the Lakers could sign two top guys. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if this went the way of the “super team” they expected with Howard and Nash coming where it becomes a drama filled fest and major let down. Lebron already is a drama queen, add Lonzo and Lavar, possibly Boogie Cousins and you have an ESPN hot take wet dream

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:34 PM
posted by BR1986FBAll in all, appreciate the ring but a lot of his 11 years here his talent was wasted. Cleveland should've had more hardware to show for a once a lifetime talent.

This is the shitty part to me. We had the best player to ever play for 11 years, and won ONE championship. Fucking one. In the NBA, where the superstars win championships, it would take a very average front office/owner to win 2-3 with eleven years of Lebron. 

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:39 PM

Thanks for the memories and Championship.

Classyposter58 Senior Member
6,458 posts 11 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:45 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

This is the shitty part to me. We had the best player to ever play for 11 years, and won ONE championship. Fucking one. In the NBA, where the superstars win championships, it would take a very average front office/owner to win 2-3 with eleven years of Lebron. 

To be fair Boston had the Big 3 and he did take 2 titles in Miami during some of his prime years. The west is going to be fucking absurd, perhaps the strongest a conference has ever been in the history of the league. 

Golden State as one of the best dynasties ever with Houston on their heels. Then LA with Lebron along with a solid OKC team behind them. Portland with a hell of a backcourt and the Spurs still have Kawhi and Aldridge. And then New Orleans, Utah, Phoenix, Minnesota and Denver all with a lot of good young talent. 

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:56 PM

To think that we could have had PG13 (for love), Kyrie , and Lebron. And we wouldn’t have just lost Lebron. But dan Gilbert didn’t pull the trigger. Get this loser the hell away from this franchise.  

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 9:59 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

To think that we could have had PG13 (for love), Kyrie , and Lebron. And we wouldn’t have just lost Lebron. But dan Gilbert didn’t pull the trigger. Get this loser the hell away from this franchise.  

Im not onboard on 100% going all in with the DG hate.  It would be dishonest to pretend this is 100% his fault imo. 

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 10:00 PM
posted by like_that

Im not onboard on 100% going all in with the DG hate.  It would be dishonest to pretend this is 100% his fault imo. 

Who’s fault is this then? Lol

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 10:01 PM

Also, looking back, we should have traded Lebron, not Kyrie. We basically got rid of Kyrie on a long term contract for Collin Sexton lol god damnit. 

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 10:02 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Who’s fault is this then? Lol

I'd put it both on them.  They both have ridiculous egos. You're acting like it's very easy to work with Lebron.  Just like his first time in Cleveland he made it every difficult for the Cavs to make moves they otherwise would have tried to make with more commitment.  

Edit:  To add, I don't think it was DG who made Kyrie want to leave. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Sun, Jul 1, 2018 10:03 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I thought the Pacers backed out at the last minute ?

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login