2020 MLB Thread

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:27 AM
posted by Laley23

And this is why I posted what I did. In what world do you get to say “I think he meant to hit his head, although the evidence shows it wasn’t that close. The intent was probably there” If Bregman doesn’t duck and it sails behind his back, he isn’t getting 8 games. 

He mocked him after Correa (who also has a real bad history of this shit) got mouthy and didn’t walk to the dugout.

Threw at his head, threw at his back LOL you’re missing the point! He threw a fastball at him and then mocked him, that’s a major suspension for someone who’s had a history of it before  

You’re trying to minimize it because Bregman ducked out of the way and it looked like it was heading towards his back. Think about what you’re saying 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:42 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Threw at his head, threw at his back LOL you’re missing the point! He threw a fastball at him and then mocked him, that’s a major suspension for someone who’s had a history of it before  

You’re trying to minimize it because Bregman ducked out of the way and it looked like it was heading towards his back. Think about what you’re saying 

I’m saying there is no precedent for someone getting a suspension like that. Everything that has happened falls on Manfred. Nobody in baseball agreed he deserved 8 games. And he didn’t mock Bregman. He mocked Correa after he struck him out and Correa was jawing at him. All after he was called a “little fucker” by the opposing manager

Do you really beleive throwing at a back and at a head is the same thing? That’s lunacy

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 10:53 AM
posted by Laley23

I’m saying there is no precedent for someone getting a suspension like that. Everything that has happened falls on Manfred. Nobody in baseball agreed he deserved 8 games. And he didn’t mock Bregman. He mocked Correa after he struck him out and Correa was jawing at him. All after he was called a “little fucker” by the opposing manager

Do you really beleive throwing at a back and at a head is the same thing? That’s lunacy

You’re arguing semantics

I’m out of this one 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 30, 2020 11:00 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I'm with you on the throwing at him, but who gives a shit about mocking? Baseball has needed personalities for years. They're grown adults, they don't need to cry because they got their feelings hurt.

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 11:23 AM
posted by iclfan2

I'm with you on the throwing at him, but who gives a shit about mocking? Baseball has needed personalities for years. They're grown adults, they don't need to cry because they got their feelings hurt.

That’s probably true. Again, I laughed at it Lol. But I just mean from a “justifying the suspension” point of view, him mocking the hitter is basically him admitting to MLB that he did all of it on purpose which is an auto big suspension  

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:02 AM

Welp, it is not just Miami and Philly that have tested positive. Now, today as a result the Phillies, Blue Jays, Nats, Marlins, Cards and Brewers are not playing today because of COVID.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:15 AM

What the fuck is baseball doing? Did they just think no one would be positive for three months and if they were then just postpone the games? What a half ass plan. 

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:25 AM

NFL should look at how the NBA and MLB are handling this and adjust accordingly. But will they? Seems unlikely!

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:40 AM
posted by Fab4Runner

NFL should look at how the NBA and MLB are handling this and adjust accordingly. But will they? Seems unlikely!

So far the bubble has worked well for the NBA, but I don't really see how the NFL could do a bubble for an entire season. With football being a more complex game and only playing once a week, you would need 32 facilities for practices and multiple facilities for games.

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:42 AM
posted by Al Bundy

So far the bubble has worked well for the NBA, but I don't really see how the NFL could do a bubble for an entire season. With football being a more complex game and only playing once a week, you would need 32 facilities for practices and multiple facilities for games.

I'm not saying it has to be exactly like the NBA bubble. But proceeding like things are mostly normal and just hoping for the best doesn't seem to be working well, and I don't think it will work well for the NFL, either. 

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:43 AM

+1 on the “Hope NFL is watching closely” because if they go into this season like everything is normal and start cancelling games because of positive tests (so stupid) they’re not going to have a season. 

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:45 AM

I saw someone throw out a cool idea for the NFL. Because they can’t do a bubble approach like NBA can, they should go to a “state bubble” in Ohio and Texas. 

AFC bubbles in Ohio, NFC bubbles in Texas. Plenty of pro, college, and larger HS stadiums where it could work. You drive to games (chiefs “home field is Akron’s stadium, and they host the ravens which is Steubenville’s stadium so the ravens would drive to Akron for an away game)

Thought that was a cool idea 

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:58 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I saw someone throw out a cool idea for the NFL. Because they can’t do a bubble approach like NBA can, they should go to a “state bubble” in Ohio and Texas. 

AFC bubbles in Ohio, NFC bubbles in Texas. Plenty of pro, college, and larger HS stadiums where it could work. You drive to games (chiefs “home field is Akron’s stadium, and they host the ravens which is Steubenville’s stadium so the ravens would drive to Akron for an away game)

Thought that was a cool idea 

That does sound cool, but I can't see the Player's Association approving it. Can you imagine trying to tell certain players that they are going to be trapped in Steubenville for 4 months?

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 11:14 AM

They need to separate into 4 divisions this year, and play all games in the same stadium. Need a field turf stadium to be able to hold up to all the games. 

MLB cancelling because 2 players are positive doesnt make any sense to me. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Aug 1, 2020 3:44 AM

Belichick is getting a boner thinking about the film he can collect if the NFL goes into some bubble/regional system.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 1, 2020 12:40 PM
posted by Laley23

They need to separate into 4 divisions this year, and play all games in the same stadium. Need a field turf stadium to be able to hold up to all the games. 

MLB cancelling because 2 players are positive doesnt make any sense to me. 

I agree with this but would it be possible to move teams from one bubble to the other after they played all the other teams in that bubble. So First bubble is AFC East and AFC North. Second Bubble is AFC North and AFC South. So you will still play your division twice but then the other teams once for a 14 game season. I feel like moving the players on a private plane and keeping them isolated wouldn’t be hard for a one time move. Also you have the bye week or 2 week bye week that week and retest everyone. 

Hoping the players would agree since it would be a 14 game season with a bye week built in. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 1, 2020 12:47 PM

The Pelicans need to let Zion play 25+ minutes.

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 1:05 PM
posted by sportchampps

I agree with this but would it be possible to move teams from one bubble to the other after they played all the other teams in that bubble. So First bubble is AFC East and AFC North. Second Bubble is AFC North and AFC South. So you will still play your division twice but then the other teams once for a 14 game season. I feel like moving the players on a private plane and keeping them isolated wouldn’t be hard for a one time move. Also you have the bye week or 2 week bye week that week and retest everyone. 

Hoping the players would agree since it would be a 14 game season with a bye week built in. 

Wouldn’t need travel (until playoffs).

4 divisions is eight teams each. Play each twice for 14 games. Top 2 make playoffs. Done

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 1, 2020 1:09 PM

DeChambeau ain’t winning the PGA Championship

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 1:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

DeChambeau ain’t winning the PGA Championship

This one made me lol

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login