Covid-19 discussion, continued...

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 21, 2022 8:31 PM

Not “clickbait” but I can’t imagine giving your under 5 year old this vaccine. The risks don’t seem worth it. 

On another note, the people still complaining about people not wearing masks (or still wearing masks) are insane. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jun 21, 2022 8:43 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not “clockbait” but I can’t imagine giving your under 5 year old this vaccine. The risks don’t seem worth it. 

On another note, the people still complaining about people not wearing masks (or still wearing masks) are insane. 

I haven’t heard someone complain about having or not having masks for months and months.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 21, 2022 9:10 PM

I just wore a mask on a flight to JFK. So insane!

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 21, 2022 10:55 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not “clickbait” but I can’t imagine giving your under 5 year old this vaccine. The risks don’t seem worth it.

woke mom: "My baby should have access to the vaccine"

Desantis: "I don't think the science justifies it"

woke mom: "But it should be my choice!!!!"

Desantis: "Agreed"

libertarian watching: "You, you guy....you are smart...very very smart"

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 7:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

The vaccinations aren't going to make you "not get Covid." They are most likely going to keep you off a vent or prevent you from dying. And yes, I lean conservative but haven't fallen for the tin foil hat conspiracies.

With that being said, Covid is still a thing?

If they don’t prevent you from getting it then they aren’t a vaccine.

Also,  being healthy will end up being a better option to prevent you from dying.  

These shots may be good for 10% of the population,  not all.

Fletch Member
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 7:50 AM
posted by Automatik

I just wore a mask on a flight to JFK. So insane!

Why?

Wed, Jun 22, 2022 9:13 AM
posted by Fletch

These shots may be good for 10% of the population,  not all.

Thank you for your free medical expertise.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 9:29 AM
posted by BR1986FB

The vaccinations aren't going to make you "not get Covid." They are most likely going to keep you off a vent or prevent you from dying. And yes, I lean conservative but haven't fallen for the tin foil hat conspiracies.

With that being said, Covid is still a thing?

I agree.  However the public comments by biden, fauci and the expert class telling everyone to "get the virus; it will prevent you from getting covid", have come full circle.  Plus it's fun watching the woke here get riled up. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 9:37 AM
posted by QuakerOats

I agree.  However the public comments by biden, fauci and the expert class telling everyone to "get the virus; it will prevent you from getting covid", have come full circle.  Plus it's fun watching the woke here get riled up. 

Well, if that's the case it just confirms what we all knew (except for those slurping on Biden)....that these guys are dolts.

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 10:11 AM
posted by Fletch

If they don’t prevent you from getting it then they aren’t a vaccine.

I've said from the beginning they "marketed" it wrong. The flu shot is technically a vaccine, but they call it the flu shot. If they had just come out and said we have something similar to the flu shot that will help you get over the virus faster, I think people would have been more accepting. Calling it the Covid vaccine early on led some people to believe it was going to prevent them form ever getting it. 
Fletch Member
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 10:40 AM
posted by brutus161
I've said from the beginning they "marketed" it wrong. The flu shot is technically a vaccine, but they call it the flu shot. If they had just come out and said we have something similar to the flu shot that will help you get over the virus faster, I think people would have been more accepting. Calling it the Covid vaccine early on led some people to believe it was going to prevent them form ever getting it. 

That and all the info that has come out about how this shot would have never passed FDA approval from the jump.

Automatik Senior Member
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 11:21 AM
posted by Fletch

Why?

International flight, still required. 

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Jun 22, 2022 11:23 AM
posted by Fletch

That and all the info that has come out about how this shot would have never passed FDA approval from the jump.

sounds legit

Wed, Jun 22, 2022 11:34 AM
posted by Fletch

Considering you low regard for government, I would think “never (would have) passed FDA approval” would count as a positive for the vaccine on your ledger.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 19, 2022 10:25 AM

850 days after 15-days-to-flatten-the-curve, the CDC basically admits they had it all wrong. 

Will they be issuing refunds to the 'conspiracy theorists'?

From another site:

People can make mistakes. They’re what make us human. However, when you issue new one-sized-fits-all COMMANDS that change on a weekly basis, when you ban any alternative treatments, when you censor & destroy the reputations of anyone who questions the “science,” and when you push shoddily-tested remedies as indisputable cures for a new virus, it’s pure medical fascism. The people in charge of governments & world health agencies, along with their accomplices in the media and Big Tech are no better than common murderers. In a sane world, they would be prosecuted as such, or at a minimum, have every penny of their net worths siphoned out of them as compensation to victims’ families. I’m not naive enough to think this will ever happen, but this should at least be a lesson to the world to NEVER, EVER let it occur again!

Fri, Aug 19, 2022 11:07 AM
posted by QuakerOats

850 days after 15-days-to-flatten-the-curve, the CDC basically admits they had it all wrong. 

Will they be issuing refunds to the 'conspiracy theorists'?

From another site:

People can make mistakes. They’re what make us human. However, when you issue new one-sized-fits-all COMMANDS that change on a weekly basis, when you ban any alternative treatments, when you censor & destroy the reputations of anyone who questions the “science,” and when you push shoddily-tested remedies as indisputable cures for a new virus, it’s pure medical fascism. The people in charge of governments & world health agencies, along with their accomplices in the media and Big Tech are no better than common murderers. In a sane world, they would be prosecuted as such, or at a minimum, have every penny of their net worths siphoned out of them as compensation to victims’ families. I’m not naive enough to think this will ever happen, but this should at least be a lesson to the world to NEVER, EVER let it occur again!

I know you posted this from a “told ya so” point.  But reading about the CDC internal report is not some exoneration of wack job conspiracy theories.  I appreciate a leader who transparently says that their handling of something fell short.  Their information was confusing, conflicting and slow to come.  That’s a far cry from saying, “well the right wing radio talkers and writers were correct - it was just a common cold that needed ivermectin.”  

I know you think you have a gotcha moment, but I think it falls short.  

Automatik Senior Member
Fri, Aug 19, 2022 11:17 AM

Horse paste crew rejoices!! 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 19, 2022 12:49 PM

Some schools are still requiring masking, which is wild. Is is that hard to admit you were wrong for 2 years? Still laugh seeing people wearing masks at the grocery store. Losers. 

Fri, Aug 19, 2022 1:06 PM
posted by iclfan2

Some schools are still requiring masking, which is wild. Is is that hard to admit you were wrong for 2 years? Still laugh seeing people wearing masks at the grocery store. Losers. 

I agree.  I also feel the same when I see a morbidly obese person order a diet Coke.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 19, 2022 1:19 PM

posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I know you posted this from a “told ya so” point.  But reading about the CDC internal report is not some exoneration of wack job conspiracy theories.  I appreciate a leader who transparently says that their handling of something fell short.  Their information was confusing, conflicting and slow to come.  That’s a far cry from saying, “well the right wing radio talkers and writers were correct - it was just a common cold that needed ivermectin.”  

I know you think you have a gotcha moment, but I think it falls short.  

Look, if you take away Quaker's "gotcha" moments, all that will be left is the constant, impotent whining of a sad, sad man.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login