Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 1:44 PM

No surprise in this article that white evangelicals are the clear and away demographic that refuse to get vaccinated.  Being that Alabama, where I live, is full of them, we are almost last in vaccine rates.  This demographic seems to pose a similar threat to our sanity as the woke idiots.  Jesus will save us!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9835083/Around-24-white-evangelical-protestants-say-wont-vaccinated.html

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 1:49 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

No surprise in this article that white evangelicals are the clear and away demographic that refuse to get vaccinated. 

Groupthink is always interesting.  You'd expect a more equal distribution of stupid people, but nope.

The other funny thing is how people kind of flipped on the vaccine after the election.  You'd think MAGA land would be lining up for EXTRA doses of the Trump vaccine.

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 2:03 PM
posted by gut

Groupthink is always interesting.  You'd expect a more equal distribution of stupid people, but nope.

The other funny thing is how people kind of flipped on the vaccine after the election.  You'd think MAGA land would be lining up for EXTRA doses of the Trump vaccine.

Biden pissed in it once he entered office.  

The hard core Trumpers I interact with "don't trust the vaccine".  When it's pointed out that Trump was the president when it was created, they say "well, yeah, but he had been compromised by the powers that eventually attempted the coup and therefore lost control of it's development".  You cannot reason with this.  Another guy I spoke with Monday said, "The FDA hasn't even approved it".  But when it was pointed out that he doesn't trust the government, so how would this change things, he said, "Yeah, but it would at least make it more compelling."

I love living down here and I'm glad they didn't go democrat butt ass about Covid.  But the flip side of that is that sometimes you run up against the evangelical take on things and it can be frustrating.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 2:40 PM

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 3:33 PM

All the COVID lockdowns reminds me of this line in the DoI.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdvLaDu4/

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:03 PM
posted by geeblock

Wtf? 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:08 PM
posted by superman

Wtf? 

I've been trying to figure that out myself. It's like some weird abstract art exhibit.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 7:58 AM

The definition of “substantial” transmission in an area, per the CDC, is 50 to 99.99 new cases in the last seven days per 100,000 persons. The definition of “high” transmission is equal to or more than 100 new cases in the last seven days per 100,000 persons. The CDC posted current rates for specific counties on its website.

So the old definition of low transmission is now considered "substantial"???  Got it.  And "high" is anything over .001% of the population.  These people are idiots.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:25 AM

Indeed they are.  We are light years away from it being about the virus; it is 100% political at this point. 

The People are completely disgusted with the bureaucrats/politicians/ruling elite.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:31 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Indeed they are.  We are light years away from it being about the virus; it is 100% political at this point. 

The People are completely disgusted with the bureaucrats/politicians/ruling elite.

So last year it was Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to hurt Trump. This year its Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to ... *checks notes* help Biden.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:40 AM
posted by kizer permanente

So last year it was Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to hurt Trump. This year its Political to wear masks and limit indoor dining etc.. to ... *checks notes* help Biden.

And now you understand the mindset of the politard!

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:30 PM

Again, people who don't do something because of politics are every bit the same sheep as those who do.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:33 PM

You mean like this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/health/vaccines-in-secret-missouri/index.html

I KNOW, I KNOW. Fake news.

But LOL...this country is incredibly dumb.

I'm sure this is also happening in Ohio. My dad was just in my hometown, SE, Ohio. None is his friends are vaccinated. All 60+, some with health issues. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:45 PM

My very conservative Facebook friend said they weren’t going to be made to get a vaccine by the government meanwhile illegal immigrants are coming into the country spreading the virus and no one cares! So that was the first I’d heard those two linked together. Now we’re not getting the vaccine because of the damn immigrants!

Fletch Member
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:47 PM
posted by Automatik

You mean like this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/health/vaccines-in-secret-missouri/index.html

I KNOW, I KNOW. Fake news.

But LOL...this country is incredibly dumb.

I'm sure this is also happening in Ohio. My dad was just in my hometown, SE, Ohio. None is his friends are vaccinated. All 60+, some with health issues. 

i saw that fear mongering 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 1:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Now we’re not getting the vaccine because of the damn immigrants!

I think the point was "you don't care that illegals aren't vaccinated, so stop nagging me about it"

It's been fun watching both sides simultaneously hold conflicting views because most "wedge" issues are based on little more than grandstanding bullshit.  You should have an ID to vote!!!  Vaccine passports infringe on muhrights!!! 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:17 PM

DC arbitrarily going back to masks indoors for everyone over 2 (also an arbitrary number). Supposedly since June there has been less than 15 deaths dude to Covid. So much sciencing. Seems like the opposite way of getting people to get the vaccine. 

Fletch Member
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:24 PM
posted by iclfan2

DC arbitrarily going back to masks indoors for everyone over 2 (also an arbitrary number). Supposedly since June there has been less than 15 deaths dude to Covid. So much sciencing. Seems like the opposite way of getting people to get the vaccine. 

Follow the money and it will lead you to who is making the decisions on this at this poiint

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:34 PM
posted by Fletch

Follow the money and it will lead you to who is making the decisions on this at this poiint

Where does the money lead?

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:49 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Where does the money lead?

He has no clue  he just heard someone else say it before. That’s how echo chambers work. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login