Covid-19 discussion, continued...

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 5:08 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That's not the same as "the KGB is coming to force you". It's handing out brochures and stupid crap like that. A waste of time, but hardly the assault the fear mongering makes it out to be. 

Keep moving the goalposts. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 5:50 PM
posted by sportchampps

Jon Rahm has to think Covid is ridiculous at this point. Missed out on 1.7 million in Columbus and now the Olympics testing positive twice in two months and he’s vaccinated.

At this point we need to move on and start treating this thing as the flu

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 6:16 PM
posted by majorspark

The government has more subtle means to get you to comply.

That answer doesn't mean anything.  I would like for people to get vaccinated in order to reduce the mutation opportunity for Covid.  Many of the unvaccinated people I talk to regularly are deep into Bill Gates-type conspiracy nonsense or have the most illiterate science comprehension imaginable. That said, it's their right to live in that kind of paranoia if they want. And as much as people want to act like our government is going to somehow force people to get vaccinated, it'll never happen. 

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 6:23 PM
posted by superman

Keep moving the goalposts. 

I'm not "moving the goalposts". And for fuck's sake, quit repeating that stupid phrase - it is all over this site. 

All I said is the government isn't going to force people to take the vaccine. That's exactly what's being suggested by people who keep warning about "them" coming to your door. If someone comes to your house, it'll be more Mormon missionary as opposed to Gestapo agent. One is wasting your time with a bunch of nonsense, the other is not part of our system no matter how much we want to pretend it is. 

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 8:49 PM

That's not the same as "the KGB is coming to force you". It's handing out brochures and stupid crap like that. A waste of time, but hardly the assault the fear mongering makes it out to be. 

They'll take your guns, then give you the vax.

Sun, Jul 25, 2021 8:54 PM
posted by Gardens35

They'll take your guns, then give you the vax.

Pop the Bill Gates chip into your neck and swap your car with a Tesla too. 

Gardens35 Senior Member
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 8:57 PM

All the while disguised as a chubby lady with a clipboard and a brochure.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 10:43 PM
posted by Gardens35

All the while disguised as a chubby lady with a clipboard and a brochure.

Almost certainly named Karen.

Gardens35 Senior Member
Sun, Jul 25, 2021 10:49 PM

Indeed.

superman Senior Member
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 4:05 PM

I'm not "moving the goalposts". And for fuck's sake, quit repeating that stupid phrase - it is all over this site. 

All I said is the government isn't going to force people to take the vaccine. That's exactly what's being suggested by people who keep warning about "them" coming to your door. If someone comes to your house, it'll be more Mormon missionary as opposed to Gestapo agent. One is wasting your time with a bunch of nonsense, the other is not part of our system no matter how much we want to pretend it is. 

You said they weren't coming for to door. I gave you video evidence that it is their plan. You moved the goalpost.  Sorry you can't comprehend what's happening. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 4:15 PM

Already announced last week that Mecklenburg County (Charlotte) already started door knocking.  First county in the country to start.

Just a matter of time

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 4:57 PM

Never seen so much butthurt over something that’s solved by simply not answering your doorbell. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 5:06 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Never seen so much butthurt over something that’s solved by simply not answering your doorbell. 

The J-Dub church would have been run out of the country by now if people got that bitchy about their door-to-door work.

Mon, Jul 26, 2021 5:16 PM
posted by superman

You said they weren't coming for to door. I gave you video evidence that it is their plan. You moved the goalpost.  Sorry you can't comprehend what's happening. 

You know what I meant.  No one is coming to force you to take a shot.  Whether some heffer shows up to hand you leaflets telling you why the vaccine is good (or more likely sticks them in your mailbox), is anyone's guess.  But you know exactly what I was saying.  

Why do people use stupid business-speak phrases like "move the goalposts"?  Just say what you mean, like "you changed the conditions".  

superman Senior Member
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 5:47 PM
posted by superman

You said they weren't coming door to door. I gave you video evidence that it is their plan. You moved the goalpost.  Sorry you can't comprehend what's happening. 

Mon, Jul 26, 2021 6:11 PM
posted by superman

They aren't coming to your door to force you to take a shot.  That's the spirit of what's being discussed and what I was talking about.  If you want to make it a gotcha on a technicality, have at it.  

superman Senior Member
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 6:25 PM

They aren't coming to your door to force you to take a shot.  That's the spirit of what's being discussed and what I was talking about.  If you want to make it a gotcha on a technicality, have at it.  

You were wrong again. It's okay to admit it. 

Mon, Jul 26, 2021 9:02 PM
posted by superman

You were wrong again. It's okay to admit it. 

It's not necessary to boil the ocean here. Let's leverage the learnings, pivot and do some blue sky idea showering. No need to punch a puppy, but this, in and of itself, won't move the needle - it is what it is. We can still overcome the churn, give 110%, and laser lock the low hanging fruit. If you're still frustrated, you may simply be just shouting at the rain. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 9:10 PM

It's not necessary to boil the ocean here. Let's leverage the learnings, pivot and do some blue sky idea showering. No need to punch a puppy, but this, in and of itself, won't move the needle. It is what it is. We can still overcome the churn, give 110%, and laser lock the low hanging fruit. If you're still frustrated, you may simply be just shouting at the rain. 

I voted

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Mon, Jul 26, 2021 9:35 PM

Like having a conversation with jmog 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login