Covid-19 discussion, continued...

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:12 PM

the stat  i heard was 96 percent of people hospitalized were non vaccinated.  is that accurate?  i didnt hear the one about the deaths. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:26 PM
posted by geeblock

8000 isnt small but definitely not one of the largest

STFU….per the OHSAA there are a grand total of 3 schools in the state that has enrollment for boys and girls both over 1000.  CENTERVILLE is one of them.  So yea it’s definitely one of the largest.  3rd out of over 800 to be exact

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:27 PM
posted by geeblock

the stat  i heard was 96 percent of people hospitalized were non vaccinated.  is that accurate?  i didnt hear the one about the deaths. 

The  curve has been flattened.

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 12:32 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

600, give or take.

Don't get me started on how big of a waste of money this number represents. 
geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Jul 21, 2021 1:17 PM
posted by Fletch

STFU….per the OHSAA there are a grand total of 3 schools in the state that has enrollment for boys and girls both over 1000.  CENTERVILLE is one of them.  So yea it’s definitely one of the largest.  3rd out of over 800 to be exact

That is the high school.. u said district. 

Wed, Jul 21, 2021 2:53 PM

Thu, Jul 22, 2021 12:21 PM

You know, for safety...

TedSheckler Emporium Entrepreneur
4,023 posts 48 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 1:13 PM

Have you seem any more of the insanity in Sydney, Australia?  They don't even want you TALKING to other people!  These people are crazy.  All after ONE Covid death of an 80-year old.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 1:44 PM

^^^I don't think think that lady has had "friendly relations" in quite some time.

Again, it's ironic after years of lectures about mental health (which, surprisingly, is generally a rational, well-founded issue)....that everyone is completely ignoring mental health trying to protect people from Covid.

And, of course, a lot of these people don't follow their own rules.  They want everyone else to sacrifice so that they, personally, can continue living their own life more safely.  Basically it's Covid Communism.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 3:28 PM

And speaking of "follow the science", NFL is threatening to forfeit games if schedules can't be move because a team has a Covid outbreak.

Despite no evidence of on-field transmission between teams with UNVACCINATED players, the NFL is just going to go along pretending vaccinated players have virtually no risk of serious illness and penalize teams for a breakthru infection.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 3:33 PM
posted by gut

And speaking of "follow the science", NFL is threatening to forfeit games if schedules can't be move because a team has a Covid outbreak.

Despite no evidence of on-field transmission between teams with UNVACCINATED players, the NFL is just going to go along pretending vaccinated players have virtually no risk of serious illness and penalize teams for a breakthru infection.

It also looks like they are still going to test vaccinated players, which makes no sense. They’re basically trying to force all players and staff to be vaccinated.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 3:46 PM
posted by iclfan2

They’re basically trying to force all players and staff to be vaccinated.

Which, if that's the goal, doesn't it make more sense to LIFT restrictions for vaccinated players?  You know, give them an incentive to get vaccinated?

The vaccines aren't 100% effective against infection.  Unless the NFL changes that mandate right before the season, they've painted themselves into a corner because teams are going to have vaccinated players test positive.  And if everyone is vaccinated, there's no reason to give a shit about that.

Waiting for the union to tell Goofwell to go fuck himself.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 4:19 PM

Is this real?

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 8:23 PM

Reopening our Covid unit at work. Just six beds for now. I forget when we closed it completely. Couple months ago maybe. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 8:45 PM
posted by gut

Which, if that's the goal, doesn't it make more sense to LIFT restrictions for vaccinated players?  You know, give them an incentive to get vaccinated?

The vaccines aren't 100% effective against infection.  Unless the NFL changes that mandate right before the season, they've painted themselves into a corner because teams are going to have vaccinated players test positive.  And if everyone is vaccinated, there's no reason to give a shit about that.

Waiting for the union to tell Goofwell to go fuck himself.

Exactly. So if a vaccinated player ends up getting Covid and it causes the team to have to forfeit, then what? Pure bullshit.
Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 9:18 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Reopening our Covid unit at work. Just six beds for now. I forget when we closed it completely. Couple months ago maybe. 

By case number we are back to where we were in late May

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jul 22, 2021 9:57 PM

posted by gut

^^^I don't think think that lady has had "friendly relations" in quite some time.

Again, it's ironic after years of lectures about mental health (which, surprisingly, is generally a rational, well-founded issue)....that everyone is completely ignoring mental health trying to protect people from Covid.

And, of course, a lot of these people don't follow their own rules.  They want everyone else to sacrifice so that they, personally, can continue living their own life more safely.  Basically it's Covid Communism.

I think the problem is that our country is so full of stupid that nothing really matters now.

A fucking disease has turned political to the degree that if you're like me and have a strong immune system (been 4-5 years since I've even had more than the sniffles), you're a prick for not locking yourself away in seclusion for months on end in the eyes of some. And if you advocate for masks in public places, getting vaccinated and so forth, you're a tool of the libtard gubment in the eyes of others.

Reason Number #3570328502 why I fucking hate our system. You can't even work out common sense precautions for Flu Times Two (or Three) because everyone has to make it fit their agenda and we live in a place where agendas have to be totally opposite or someone's letting their base down.

As a society, we deserve Captain Trips.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Jul 23, 2021 4:45 PM

Just scheduled a second interview for a candidate in St Louis. The HR lady that I'm working with e-mailed me and said that masks were required for the interview due to St Louis City & County reinstating mask requirements starting Monday. Oh boy...

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Jul 23, 2021 5:30 PM

I'm in Los Angeles right now. County indoor mask requirement went into effect yesterday. Compliance looks to be 100% indoors, with well over 50% wearing the mask while outdoors. The rest of us have them around our neck while outdoors.

Hotels and businesses have posted a "two person" limit on elevators, but that is ignored.

No seating limits yet for restaurants, clubs etc.

LA County reported 2700 new cases yesterday. It's population is just about 10 million......pretty close to Ohio's.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login