Progressives, part 3...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 12, 2022 2:33 PM

Ohio Attorney General has come out and said there is no case in Ohio of a 10 year old being raped, getting pregnant, and having to go to Indiana for an abortion. 

This is credible due to doctors being mandatory reporters.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Jul 12, 2022 2:44 PM
posted by jmog

Ohio Attorney General has come out and said there is no case in Ohio of a 10 year old being raped, getting pregnant, and having to go to Indiana for an abortion. 

This is credible due to doctors being mandatory reporters.

Fake news went all the way to the presidential speech he made last week.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jul 12, 2022 6:47 PM

Haven’t posted about this in awhile… but lawls. Dems are in the twilight zone. Also, not sure why people are upset identifying as a breakfast taco, they’re delicious. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 10:12 AM

Trumpers in 2018: Elon Musk is an Obama-created left wing nut who is using government subsidies to enrich himself.

Trumpers in May 2022: Elon Musk is a great fighter for freedom of speech, entrepreneurship and what makes the US great.

Trumpers in July 2022: Elon Musk is an Obama-created left wing nut who is using government subsidies to enrich himself.  Trump is the only one who saw through his evil plan.

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 12:54 PM

Columbus Dispatch is reporting that an undocumented immigrant has been arrested for raping the 10 year old girl that the story is surrounding.

Why in the world would the Ohio Attorney General just say like a day ago that there was no such case then someone is arrested almost immediately after. Either he was lying for political reasons or just trying to not tip off the rapist since he would be a flight risk. 

Assuming the reporting is true this time, I hope that girl gets all the counseling she needs and can recover from this.

I hope the rapist gets castrated or killed, sick SOB.

Also, according to the actual Ohio Law she would have been allowed to get an abortion in Ohio based on these facts. Her Ohio doctor probably just didn’t know that based on the fact that the law is new. 

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 2:12 PM

Until they perp walk him on tv,  I am calling fake news again

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 2:37 PM

Has there ever been someone who uses the term "fake news" that isn't a moron?

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 2:49 PM
posted by iclfan2

Haven’t posted about this in awhile… but lawls. Dems are in the twilight zone. Also, not sure why people are upset identifying as a breakfast taco, they’re delicious. 

Are you saying "Junior" was a Hollywood creation and NOT A DOCUMENTARY!!!!!

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 2:49 PM

If the story is true, we don’t have an abortion law problem as the original story pushed, but an illegal immigrant problem?

Wed, Jul 13, 2022 3:02 PM

This means jmog and geeblock round 2.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 3:04 PM
posted by iclfan2

If the story is true, we don’t have an abortion law problem as the original story pushed, but an illegal immigrant problem?

I heard the abortion doctor is now being sued for breach of confidentiality.  Could be why she clammed up.  Which is all great, because this girl didn't need all the national media attention.  Just another activist exploiting the trauma of a tender age child.

Of course, the Repubs that were all calling the story fake also jumped the gun.  And all dumb because, whether this child existed or not, certainly it was going to happen somewhere eventually.

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 3:16 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

This means jmog and geeblock round 2.

Lol I think he made himself look dumb enough yelling at me over an article that didn’t even say it the rape wasn’t real. I’m sure he won’t apologize and move the goalposts to something else 

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 3:39 PM
posted by geeblock

Lol I think he made himself look dumb enough yelling at me over an article that didn’t even say it the rape wasn’t real. I’m sure he won’t apologize and move the goalposts to something else 

Lolling at you saying someone made themselves look dumb.

geeblock Member
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 3:51 PM
posted by superman

Lolling at you saying someone made themselves look dumb.

Same

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 4:22 PM
posted by geeblock

You know that’s now why I called you an ass hat.

I called you an ass hat because you said that I don’t care about a 10 year old girl being raped.

Huge difference than what you just said.

I am literally the one that posted that it appears that the story is valid according to the Dispatch above. That’s admitting that myself and the Ohio Attorney General were wrong about the case.

You and Kizer were the ones that said I didn’t care about the victim at all, which made you ass hats.

So when you apologize for that I will apologize for calling you an ass hat.

geeblock Member
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 4:33 PM
posted by jmog

You know that’s now why I called you an ass hat.

I called you an ass hat because you said that I don’t care about a 10 year old girl being raped.

Huge difference than what you just said.

I am literally the one that posted that it appears that the story is valid according to the Dispatch above. That’s admitting that myself and the Ohio Attorney General were wrong about the case.

You and Kizer were the ones that said I didn’t care about the victim at all, which made you ass hats.

So when you apologize for that I will apologize for calling you an ass hat.

To be clear there is a huge difference between saying someone doesn’t care at all and saying someone doesn’t care enough to change their opinions about a law, but if it makes u feel better I apologize for offending you 

jmog Senior Member
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 4:38 PM
posted by geeblock

To be clear there is a huge difference between saying someone doesn’t care at all and saying someone doesn’t care enough to change their opinions about a law, but if it makes u feel better I apologize for offending you 

I have said multiple times that I think the current Ohio law is too restrictive, even with the fact that it would have allowed for an abortion in this case.

So what opinion about this law should I change?

Wed, Jul 13, 2022 6:30 PM

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 6:44 PM
posted by geeblock

And here's what you can't seem to comprehend no matter how many times it is explained:  The vast majority of laws have winners and losers. Rare exceptions are not an argument for or against.  Emotional appeals aren't particularly useful in the legislative process.

If every anecdotal case of undue hardship torpedoed a law, then you'd be the OC's #2 libertarian anarchist.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jul 13, 2022 7:11 PM
posted by geeblock

Same

At least you're smart enough to laugh at yourself

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login