Progressives, part 3...

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 12:59 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/26/former-uk-pm-gordon-brown-time-for-global-government-to-tackle-coronavirus/

Man people like this are scary...."global government"??????  Yea sure I know a guy name Adolf that would like to be in charge.

Don't forget that coronaviris is a creation of the US media and Democratic Party to bring down Trump. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 1:25 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Don't forget that coronaviris is a creation of the US media and Democratic Party to bring down Trump. 

Even if they didnt "create" it....they sure as hell are using it that way.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 2:08 PM

If Trump is optimistic then the media says he is giving false hope; if Trump is pessimistic then the media says he is fear mongering.  The media is not media; it IS the opposition party.  It could not be any clearer.

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 2:17 PM
posted by QuakerOats

If Trump is optimistic then the media says he is giving false hope; if Trump is pessimistic then the media says he is fear mongering.  The media is not media; it IS the opposition party.  It could not be any clearer.

If you stick with Breitbart, National Review and the opinion page of the Wall Street Journal, "media" won't bother you anymore. 

As for Trump, you are insane if you don't think he loves the storyline "I'm damned I'd I do, damnefbif I dont". The guy loves conflict. 

Criticism - fair or unfair - comes with the office. Look how your right wing media treated Obama. Don't be so easily sucked in. 

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 2:20 PM
posted by QuakerOats

If Trump said the sky was purple and the media said nope it is blue, you would still say Trump is right and the media is the enemy. 

Hey, I'm still waiting for all the shit to happen that Trump said would happen over the last 2 weeks. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 3:48 PM

If you stick with Breitbart, National Review and the opinion page of the Wall Street Journal, "media" won't bother you anymore. 

As for Trump, you are insane if you don't think he loves the storyline "I'm damned I'd I do, damnefbif I dont". The guy loves conflict. 

Criticism - fair or unfair - comes with the office. Look how your right wing media treated Obama. Don't be so easily sucked in. 

So you are conflating the 2% of the media that is ‘right wing’, with the MSM.

gotcha

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 3:55 PM
posted by QuakerOats

So you are conflating the 2% of the media that is ‘right wing’, with the MSM.

gotcha

I'm saying there are plenty of right leaning outlets for you to chose from. Fox, WSJ, Washington Times, etc. Those are MSM, so there you go. What CNN or other outlet you don't like say shouldnt bother you like it does. 

This is anecdotal, but the only people in my life who talk about what CNN or MSNBC are showing are right wingers screaming "SEE!  SEE!  Liberal bias!!!!".  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:02 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

If Trump said the sky was purple and the media said nope it is blue, you would still say Trump is right and the media is the enemy. 

Hey, I'm still waiting for all the shit to happen that Trump said would happen over the last 2 weeks. 

He saved thousands of lives by shutting down China travel, all while being maliciously impeached, ridiculed and called a racist.

Dems and the media have blood on their hands.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:05 PM

This is anecdotal, but the only people in my life who talk about what CNN or MSNBC are showing are right wingers screaming "SEE!  SEE!  Liberal bias!!!!".  

Well, duh, people for whom the bias appeals to and targeted to aren't going to complain....but they'll be among the first people to whine about "Faux News".

And how the media treated Obama vs. Trump isn't comparable.  Much of the same media that is over 90% negative on Trump rarely found anything to criticize Obama for - I mean, they couldn't because it was racist to criticize Obama.  Even the right-wing Trump nut huggers are capable of criticizing him.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:06 PM
posted by QuakerOats

He saved thousands of lives by shutting down China travel, all while being maliciously impeached, ridiculed and called a racist.

*sigh*

Except he didn't.  US citizens, as well as residents, were free to come and go.

I'm not blaming him for letting citizens and residents come and go, but let's not pretend it brought about that kind of palpable change.

posted by QuakerOats

So do Republicans.

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:07 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Hail, Saint Trump. Bow down to his wisdom and leadership! 

Image result for trump a saint picture

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:26 PM
posted by O-Trap

*sigh*

Except he didn't.  US citizens, as well as residents, were free to come and go.

I'm not blaming him for letting citizens and residents come and go, but let's not pretend it brought about that kind of palpable change.

posted by QuakerOats

So do Republicans.

And, Trump repeatedly throughout Feb and early March said this thing was no big deal and was totally under control. He had to be dragged kicking and screaming, and by the action of the states, to finally step in and take action. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 4:50 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Almost caught myself in debates in Facebook with these types. They spew talking points that aren’t remotely true and when you say hey that’s actually not true, they change the subject and spit out another false talking point 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 5:11 PM

Y’all forgetting Biden (up for President) said he didn’t support banning flights from China or Europe? Or did you forget that shit in 2 weeks? Do you realize how much worse it would have been?

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 5:33 PM
posted by QuakerOats

"Saved thousands of lives" - okay, whatever you say.  

No one has blood on their hands.  Its a virus that came in to the human population as viruses have done since time began.  It's not US or politically specific.

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 5:34 PM
posted by iclfan2

Y’all forgetting Biden (up for President) said he didn’t support banning flights from China or Europe? Or did you forget that shit in 2 weeks? Do you realize how much worse it would have been?

Going back a couple of weeks ago, no one looks good on this (myself included).  

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Going back a couple of weeks ago, no one looks good on this (myself included).  

Except Trump did it? I don’t even like Trump but for Fucks sake, the left is psycho about being racist and other garbage. And China has blood on there hands.

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 5:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

Except Trump did it? I don’t even like Trump but for Fucks sake, the left is psycho about being racist and other garbage. And China has blood on there hands.

It's not a rule that you always have to have an enemy.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 26, 2020 6:02 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not much, if any.

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 6:27 PM

It's not a rule that you always have to have an enemy.

I mean they lied about it for weeks and let their shitty citizens fly out and spread it. Ok tho

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login