11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 11, 2020 12:16 PM

Eye roll

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 11, 2020 12:40 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Eye roll

And thus, the entirety of Quaker's political posting history was summed up in one two-word sentence.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 11, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Eye roll

Sounds like bushmeat sushi.

Don't eat it.  You'll contract a new strain of coronavirus and apparently cripple the world economy.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Mar 11, 2020 5:57 PM

Meanwhile, in Europe:

https://twitter.com/SwanOfTuonela/status/1233493251140849668

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Mar 12, 2020 3:14 PM

Ironically, coronavirus could breathe life into Bernie's campaign.  At least, that's what he's hoping.

I think the Dems might be getting way out over their skis pushing all-in on this.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 3:46 PM

Don't want to politicize the Coronavirus thread so I'll post it here.

Supposedly Pelosi and Co tried adding some bullshit funding to the Coronavirus bill, which Republicans would then not pass. I know both sides do this all the time, but she should f right off if true.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 4:07 PM

Oh she did.  Some real shady shit that would have permanently funded shit that the dems have always wanted.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 4:34 PM
posted by Spock

Oh she did.  Some real shady shit that would have permanently funded shit that the dems have always wanted.

As always, you are right on top of the intracate details.  You have amazing sources at the highest levels of government. 

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 5:08 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

As always, you are right on top of the intracate details.  You have amazing sources at the highest levels of government. 

https://www.theblaze.com/news/report-pelosi-attempted-to-sneak-taxpayer-funded-abortions-into-the-coronavirus-relief-bill

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-oppose-pelosis-coronavirus-legislation-flagging-major-problems

Not hard to find

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Mar 13, 2020 5:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

Don't want to politicize the Coronavirus thread so I'll post it here.

Supposedly Pelosi and Co tried adding some bullshit funding to the Coronavirus bill, which Republicans would then not pass. I know both sides do this all the time, but she should f right off if true.

She is trying to pork up the entire thing with incentives to not work and spending that has nothing to do with solving the problem.  It is a national embarrassment.  I hope the president tells her to shove it up her ass.

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 5:54 PM
posted by QuakerOats

She is trying to pork up the entire thing with incentives to not work and spending that has nothing to do with solving the problem.  It is a national embarrassment.  I hope the president tells her to shove it up her ass.

I'm not saying fiddling with this bill is right. But man, this is the shit both sides always pull. The Republicans did this during Obamas emergency rescue. It's the same old shit from both sides. Don't get sucked into it. Pelosi, Trump et. al. - these are not our friends and do not have our interests at heart. 

Sat, Mar 14, 2020 9:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Things like mandatory paid sick leave are one of the things Dems wanted that the WH refused. Why?

gut Senior Member
Sun, Mar 15, 2020 9:44 PM

Bernie going on and on about how China has lifted hundreds of millions of its people out of poverty....when is someone going to point out that it was CAPITALISM that did that? 

Perfect example of why they wouldn't give Fox even one debate.

Sun, Mar 15, 2020 10:39 PM
posted by gut

Bernie going on and on about how China has lifted hundreds of millions of its people out of poverty....when is someone going to point out that it was CAPITALISM that did that? 

Perfect example of why they wouldn't give Fox even one debate.

Really?  He's giving props to China? The country whose minimum wage is the equivalent of $322 per month?

Sounds like Biden isn't the only one forgetting things.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Mar 15, 2020 11:01 PM
posted by O-Trap

Really?  He's giving props to China? The country whose minimum wage is the equivalent of $322 per month?

Sounds like Biden isn't the only one forgetting things.

I only watched the last 20 minutes, but Biden looked competent and sharp.  Really hit Bernie on single payer - "that's what they have in Italy...it's not working".

None of it really matters.  Everyone has turned the coronavirus into a referendum on Trump.  I think it's a pretty big misstep to already be declaring it a disaster and failure.  It could get a lot worse and still not come close to the typical flu season.  And then when what you were convinced would happen doesn't...how do you criticize Trump in the biggest test of leadership since 9/11?

Here's you October surprise: Cov19 vaccine in mass production.

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 8:09 AM

Biden basically lied about everything he has ever done in politics.  

Bernie roasted him on how bad Joes former record in DC really is.  That all doesnt matter.  Dems are blind sheep that want status quo.

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 10:54 AM
posted by gut

I only watched the last 20 minutes, but Biden looked competent and sharp.  Really hit Bernie on single payer - "that's what they have in Italy...it's not working".

None of it really matters.  Everyone has turned the coronavirus into a referendum on Trump.  I think it's a pretty big misstep to already be declaring it a disaster and failure.  It could get a lot worse and still not come close to the typical flu season.  And then when what you were convinced would happen doesn't...how do you criticize Trump in the biggest test of leadership since 9/11?

Here's you October surprise: Cov19 vaccine in mass production.

I honestly don't think he's handled it as poorly as many are saying, and I'm the furthest thing from a fan.

He's seemingly put competent people in charge of handling it.  I suppose Pence's inclusion was a bit of a head-scratcher, but I'm guessing Pence is mostly just acting as a glorified note-taker and liaison between the Oval Office and the task force.  The addition of Dr. Fauci has been an excellent move, as he's really quite apt at communicating clearly with the press without making it sound sensationalized.

Trump's self-aggrandizing when speaking about it isn't a great look, but at this point, that's par for the course.  Whether he does good things or bad things in office, he always sounds like an idiot talking about them.  Actions are more important, of course, so you take the win when you can get it.

I've avoided the primary debates, but I'm surprised that Joe sounded as competent as he did if that's the case.  REALLY glad he used the single-payer system as a barb at Bernie.  Not because I think he'd sway Bernie's opinion on the matter (Bernie has a long history of maintaining support for historically failed policies, after all), but because the public needs to see that.

IF Trump doesn't do something public to completely botch the COVID-19 outbreak, I think how he's handled it thus far pretty much guarantees his re-election.

Then again, I thought Hillary was a shoo-in, so what do I know?

gut Senior Member
Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:13 PM
posted by O-Trap

IF Trump doesn't do something public to completely botch the COVID-19 outbreak, I think how he's handled it thus far pretty much guarantees his re-election.

Again, the Left has pushed all-in that this is not containable.  It either ends-up being perfectly manageable and we have a return [mostly] to normalcy, the markets rebound and the Left will have basically handed him the election by "losing their shit" prematurely, once again.  Or it does spiral out-of-control....and that will just be the beginning of our problems once the Dems have a supermajority and all 3 branches (edit: holy shit that's way scarier than the coronavirus - a MANDATE to then push thru the Green New Deal and tens of trillions in handouts).

It's hard to see a middle ground where this isn't a decisive event for most voters.

Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:28 PM
posted by gut

Again, the Left has pushed all-in that this is not containable.  It either ends-up being perfectly manageable and we have a return [mostly] to normalcy, the markets rebound and the Left will have basically handed him the election by "losing their shit" prematurely, once again.  Or it does spiral out-of-control....and that will just be the beginning of our problems once the Dems have a supermajority and all 3 branches (edit: holy shit that's way scarier than the coronavirus - a MANDATE to then push thru the Green New Deal and tens of trillions in handouts).

It's hard to see a middle ground where this isn't a decisive event for most voters.

Perhaps, though I'm not sure I'm as confident on the "spiral out of control" scenario as you are.  Other than maybe getting a faster jump on it, which is admittedly a fault, his management hasn't been substantially less than you'd expect from a president.  Well, that and, again, sounding like an idiot.

Even if it gets bad, I can actually see that being used to explain away the market free fall, even though there were underpinnings of a recession prior to the outbreak.  It might still keep him out of the doghouse for the situation itself, for better or worse.

I'm not saying both scenarios aren't the most likely outcomes.  I'm only saying that I could see the latter one having a few different ones, depending on how things go.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login