Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 2:11 PM
posted by O-Trap

I don't often side with you on stuff, but this is an excellent summary.

Our governing bodies are full of children at the federal level.

With the sad thing being that our idiot populace largely rewards them for acting like that (at least when it's the politicians on their side doing so; when the other team does it, it's an OUTRAGE!) with how all their memes and Twitter hashtags give them all rock star status for whatever their latest "WE'RE GREAT/BOO THEM!!!" antics happen to be. It's great being surrounded by a population that's less concerned with actual reality and more concerned with putting something online that props their favorite poli-dicks up at the expense of the other side's poli-dicks.

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 2:21 PM
posted by Heretic

With the sad thing being that our idiot populace largely rewards them for acting like that (at least when it's the politicians on their side doing so; when the other team does it, it's an OUTRAGE!) with how all their memes and Twitter hashtags give them all rock star status for whatever their latest "WE'RE GREAT/BOO THEM!!!" antics happen to be. It's great being surrounded by a population that's less concerned with actual reality and more concerned with putting something online that props their favorite poli-dicks up at the expense of the other side's poli-dicks.

I truly have no idea what to do about it, which is frustrating.  Today, I'm seeing memes that compare Pelosi to anything ranging from a crying baby to Christopher Plummer tearing the Nazi flag in the Sound of Music.

With a population like this (which you summarize rather well), that's what really makes me think expatriation might not be such a terrible idea.

Well, that and the taxes.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 3:24 PM
posted by O-Trap

I don't often side with you on stuff, 

Finally friends!  😉

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 3:38 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

The whole thing is like watching children on the playground. Trump purposely snubs Pelosi's handshake, Pelosi tears up his speech, Pelosi sits there like a sulky teenager throughout, Trump awards the Medal of Freedom to friggin Rush Limbaugh. What a total joke. These people are the best we've got?

Although Trump could have come in, dropped his drawers and taken a dump on the podium and QO would regard it as a home run. 😉. Imagine his reaction had Obama awarded the Medal of Freedom to Michael Moore during the SOTU. 

I’m speechless over the Limbaugh award. What a joke. Dude has said some of the most racist comments ever. Although around here I’m sure they will be defended 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 4:41 PM
posted by geeblock

I’m speechless over the Limbaugh award. What a joke. Dude has said some of the most racist comments ever. Although around here I’m sure they will be defended 

Please give us an example or two; thanks.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 4:41 PM

Trump acquitted.

Markets hit all-time highs (again).

Have a great evening.

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 4:52 PM

I'm glad he was acquitted. Impeachment should be saved for when the country is truly jeapardized by the president's actions - which was not the case here. Voters should be the ones to make decisions about matters like this during the 2020 election. This was such a total waste of time during which neither side tended to the business of the country.  A damn shame. 

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 5:02 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Please give us an example or two; thanks.

There are plenty of quotes  out there google if your interested, videos too 

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 5:20 PM
posted by geeblock

I don't know about racist comments, but the guy isn't someone deserving of an honor like this. He's a Trump dick sucker and he just got diagnosed with cancer, so Trump predictably made an episode from it. 

Seriously, if Obama or Clinton had given Michael Moore or Rachel Madow this award during the SOTU, right wingers would go nuts. It is sad how our institutions are being used.  Let's just say it did for the medal of freedom what Obama's win did for the Nobel peace prize - cheapened it all to hell. 

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 5:47 PM

Finally friends!  😉

Don't push it.  LOL

posted by geeblock

Yeah, that was really stupid.  Apparently, you can practically trip over that award walking down the street now.

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 5:54 PM
posted by O-Trap

Don't push it.  LOL

posted by geeblock

Yeah, that was really stupid.  Apparently, you can practically trip over that award walking down the street now.

While I don't agree with his politics, I recognize Limbaugh's great talent for radio. But does that deserve our nation's greatest civilian honor?  If so, Howard Stern deserves it way more.  He's 10 times as entertaining as Limbaugh. 

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 8:09 PM

While I don't agree with his politics, I recognize Limbaugh's great talent for radio. But does that deserve our nation's greatest civilian honor?  If so, Howard Stern deserves it way more.  He's 10 times as entertaining as Limbaugh. 

At that point, so would Alex Jones.  All three of them have made careers of saying outrageous shit on the radio for an audience.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 9:54 PM

LOL at you people getting your jimmies rustled over Limbaugh getting the PMF.  I'll bet none of you, like me, could name off the top of their head more than half a dozen recipients.

I had to do a search and I must say I find Clint Eastwood far more entertaining than Meryl Streep.

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 10:27 PM
posted by majorspark

LOL at you people getting your jimmies rustled over Limbaugh getting the PMF.  I'll bet none of you, like me, could name off the top of their head more than half a dozen recipients.

I had to do a search and I must say I find Clint Eastwood far more entertaining than Meryl Streep

Whose jimmies are rustled?  Saying it's not deserved doesn't mean anyone's pissy about it.

For the record, including Limbaugh, I can only name five.  Of the five, though, there's a pretty significant gap between Limbaugh and the other four (Rosa Parks, Elie Wiesel, Neil Armstrong, and Muhammad Ali).  Hence it being worth mentioning.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 6, 2020 8:02 AM

Meh, SOTU. I agree it was like a bunch of kids bickering. A lot of what Trump said was false or misleading, but that is par for the course. Rush getting the medal was a cheesy made for tv moment, but whatever. 

Trump getting acquitted finally happened and now can we all just move past the impeachment now? 

I saw this this morning and am not shocked. 

Long-term maintenance for Trump’s border wall could cost billions, but government isn’t saying

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/long-term-maintenance-for-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-billions-but-government-isnt-saying/2020/02/05/8c9f3cfc-2e49-11ea-bcd4-24597950008f_story.html

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Feb 6, 2020 10:02 AM
posted by O-Trap

At that point, so would Alex Jones.  All three of them have made careers of saying outrageous shit on the radio for an audience.

Always fun to hear from people who do not listen to Rush on a consistent basis make hysterical and erroneous claims. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Feb 6, 2020 10:02 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Meh, SOTU. I agree it was like a bunch of kids bickering. A lot of what Trump said was false or misleading, but that is par for the course. Rush getting the medal was a cheesy made for tv moment, but whatever. 

Trump getting acquitted finally happened and now can we all just move past the impeachment now? 

I saw this this morning and am not shocked. 

Long-term maintenance for Trump’s border wall could cost billions, but government isn’t saying

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/long-term-maintenance-for-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-billions-but-government-isnt-saying/2020/02/05/8c9f3cfc-2e49-11ea-bcd4-24597950008f_story.html

LOL

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 6, 2020 10:14 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/02/04/fact-checking-president-trumps-2020-state-union-address/

If it's not from Glorious Bald Eagle Patriot Liberty Bell Flag News or Breitbart, I don't trust it. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Feb 6, 2020 11:01 AM
posted by QuakerOats

LOL

Thought the same thing....just another left talking point with no substance.  "Trump lies"......its BS.  Trump says what you dont want to hear.....that doesnt make it a lie

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login