Impressed by the Trump administration part II

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 11:03 AM

NSC aide handling book approvals is twin brother of Lt. Col ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com › news › jan › nsc-aide-handling-book-...

23 hours ago - Alexander Vindman, left, walks with his twin brother, Army Lt. Col. Yevgeny ... 30 by former National Security Adviser John Bolton. The report ...

Report: Alexander Vindman's Brother, Yevgeny, May have ...

https://amgreatness.com › 2020/01/27 › report-alexander-vindmans-brothe...

17 hours ago - The twin brother of controversial anti-Trump NSC aide Lt. Col. ... A draft ofBolton's book, “The Room Where it Happened,” was submitted to the ...

Vindman's Twin Brother Was in Charge of Reviewing Bolton ...

https://pluralist.com › alexander-vindman-twin-brother

2 hours ago - Alexander Vindman would have overseen the vetting of former National Security Adviser John Bolton's book manuscript, according to a report.

JFC

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 11:17 AM

^^^^Holy hell.  I hate DC.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 11:47 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.  If he hires outsiders he is crucified for bringing in people that have “no experience, no idea how Washington works” etc…etc…   If he hires insiders he is crucified for bringing on people that are part of the swamp.  No matter what Trump does he is vilified. But whatever obama did, was unquestioned and brilliant.  Simply hilarious.

You and the right wing parts of the media criticized Obama no matter what he did just the same. How are you so blind to the irony?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 12:21 PM

Massive crowds forming for Trump’s rally in New Jersey ………..yes, you heard that right – Jersey.

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 2:26 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Unfortunately for himself, Trump just started recently.  You gotta admit for all his "drain the swamp" banter, Trump's been pretty comfortable surrounding himself with some of the swampiest of characters.

Unless you know something we all don't, "been pretty comfortable" is no small degree of conjecture.

Obviously it's mostly Drumpf's own fault, but the fact remains that he doesn't exactly have the benefit of a crowd of people chomping at the bit to work for him. He kinda has to take who he can get.

In any case, it sounds as though in what can only be described as yet another Shocking Turn of Events, Bolton's full manuscript does little to implicate orange man for any real wrongdoing. One would think the Boob Squad would eventually tire of the "zOMG tHis tIMe DrUmPF iZ tOAst" shtick, but you know what they say about old habits lol.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 2:37 PM
posted by fish82

Unless you know something we all don't, "been pretty comfortable" is no small degree of conjecture.

Obviously it's mostly Drumpf's own fault, but the fact remains that he doesn't exactly have the benefit of a crowd of people chomping at the bit to work for him. He kinda has to take who he can get.

In any case, it sounds as though in what can only be described as yet another Shocking Turn of Events, Bolton's full manuscript does little to implicate orange man for any real wrongdoing. One would think the Boob Squad would eventually tire of the "zOMG tHis tIMe DrUmPF iZ tOAst" shtick, but you know what they say about old habits lol.

Couldn't part of the bold part be attributed to minor details such as how it seems he has an ungodly amount of turnover in his staff? After a while, you'd think that'd have a big effect on the number of people willing to work for him, as it seems like it'd be a stressful few months and then you'd either be canned or resign.

The last part, I agree with, though. Every week, it's a new "THIS IS IT!!! HE'S GOING DOWN!!!!" bombshell and nothing ever happens. It's to the point where a legit smoking gun could come up and most people wouldn't even care because the boy's cried wolf so many times that it's really lost all impact for anyone besides the left-wing versions of Quaker, who never run out of manufactured outrage.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 5:38 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Massive crowds forming for Trump’s rally in New Jersey ………..yes, you heard that right – Jersey.

Saw a rally of Bidens on TV the other day......about 50 people.  

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 28, 2020 9:56 PM

It is.  It is equaled by watching people fall all over themselves to be the first to call him a liar and asshole.  

Hey WOB with now whataboutism.  I'm shocked. 

Narrator: He wasn't.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 10:01 AM
posted by Spock

Saw a rally of Bidens on TV the other day......about 50 people.  

Yesterday Biden said if elected the first thing he’ll do is call world leaders and tell them “we’re back in business”. 

It’s like the mafia bosses having the chief of police taken out so they can turn on the gambling machines again, and bragging about it.

It is time he moves to the curb while we try to rid the system of corruption, graft, and money laundering ….on an international scale.

Wed, Jan 29, 2020 10:36 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Yesterday Biden said if elected the first thing he’ll do is call world leaders and tell them “we’re back in business”. 

It’s like the mafia bosses having the chief of police taken out so they can turn on the gambling machines again, and bragging about it.

It is time he moves to the curb while we try to rid the system of corruption, graft, and money laundering ….on an international scale.

I won't disagree with you about Biden moving aside.  This dude's been at it for 40 years and nothing has improved in that time.  I'd say that he has proven he is not part of a solution.

Your scenario is close except that the police chief has had several close associates convicted of crimes as well.  Pretty swampy.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 12:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Huh, wouldn't have thought you'd have an issue with capitalistic entrepreneurs slicing through the Gordian knot of big government with ruthless efficiency.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 2:53 PM
posted by fish82

Gotta milk that TDS crowd for all the money they are worth, before it ends. 

I do agree though.  Out of all the BOMBSHELLS that were supposed to sink Trump at this point, Bolton doesn't even make the top 10. 

posted by superman

WOB in a nutshell.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 3:11 PM
posted by like_that

Gotta milk that TDS crowd for all the money they are worth, before it ends. 

I do agree though.  Out of all the BOMBSHELLS that were supposed to sink Trump at this point, Bolton doesn't even make the top 10.

Rudi was on Fox literally a few days ago (they took him to the woodshed, by the way) promising he had evidence on Biden corruption.

Today he came out and said he went to investigate possible corruption but found no evidence.   So I guess Hunter Biden's lawyer finally smacked him with threat of a defamation suit.

But I'll bet you the new defense will be "we thought they could be corruption, after investigating and deciding there wasn't we released the aid".

Rudi is terrible.  He was flip-flopping like this on the Russia Collusion stuff.  He confuses, twists and changes his facts as much as Trump.  Perhaps that's why he hasn't been fired.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 3:53 PM
posted by gut

Rudi was on Fox literally a few days ago (they took him to the woodshed, by the way) promising he had evidence on Biden corruption.

Today he came out and said he went to investigate possible corruption but found no evidence.   So I guess Hunter Biden's lawyer finally smacked him with threat of a defamation suit.

But I'll bet you the new defense will be "we thought they could be corruption, after investigating and deciding there wasn't we released the aid".

Rudi is terrible.  He was flip-flopping like this on the Russia Collusion stuff.  He confuses, twists and changes his facts as much as Trump.  Perhaps that's why he hasn't been fired.

Rudy is batshit crazy agreed. 

But, apparently, the Trump legal team is going with this defense too from Dershowitz who said: "Every public official believes that his election is in the public interest. If a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment."

I'm not sure that right....

Wed, Jan 29, 2020 4:11 PM
posted by superman

Fair enough. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 4:26 PM
posted by Heretic

Huh, wouldn't have thought you'd have an issue with capitalistic entrepreneurs slicing through the Gordian knot of big government with ruthless efficiency.

Lol

Thu, Jan 30, 2020 9:32 AM
posted by gut

I seriously do not understand what happened to Rudy. The guy had great leadership during 9/11 - beyond great. Now he is a blubbering errand boy doing Trump's dirty work and seemingly incapable of assembling a coherent sentence. I don't buy that he has dementia or something because I don't think Trump would have him around if so. 

Thu, Jan 30, 2020 9:36 AM
posted by superman

LOL at your using the term "whataboutism". Although we'll never know, odds are you woke up yesterday having never heard of the term.  I'm sure there's a similar term for people using Google searches to project a broad vocabulary. 

wkfan Senior Member
1,850 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 10:21 AM

I seriously do not understand what happened to Rudy. The guy had great leadership during 9/11 - beyond great. Now he is a blubbering errand boy doing Trump's dirty work and seemingly incapable of assembling a coherent sentence. I don't buy that he has dementia or something because I don't think Trump would have him around if so. 

Agreed.  Our country would be a better place if he would just drift into oblivion.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 10:52 AM

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/01/29/evening-news-spin-100-negative-trump-defense-95-positive-dems

Sickening.

The media’s purposeful dereliction of duty is a national embarrassment.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login