Impressed by the Trump administration part II

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 11:26 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

LOL at your using the term "whataboutism". Although we'll never know, odds are you woke up yesterday having never heard of the term.  I'm sure there's a similar term for people using Google searches to project a broad vocabulary. 

I've pointed out your whataboutism several times. 

You've already acknowledged this post once.  

Are you drunk posting or did you have stroke? 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 201 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 2:26 PM
posted by gut

Rudi was on Fox literally a few days ago (they took him to the woodshed, by the way) promising he had evidence on Biden corruption.

Today he came out and said he went to investigate possible corruption but found no evidence.   So I guess Hunter Biden's lawyer finally smacked him with threat of a defamation suit.

But I'll bet you the new defense will be "we thought they could be corruption, after investigating and deciding there wasn't we released the aid".

Rudi is terrible.  He was flip-flopping like this on the Russia Collusion stuff.  He confuses, twists and changes his facts as much as Trump.  Perhaps that's why he hasn't been fired.

Rudy's position with Trump is one of those things that confuses me, since the only thing he really does is give ammo to all the never-Trumpers with his general dumbassery. Yeah, a cranky old dude who rambles and comes off as incoherent and possibly senile more often than he says/does ANYTHING that could potentially be beneficial to the cause is a real asset, dudes!

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 2:58 PM
posted by superman

I've pointed out your whataboutism several times. 

You've already acknowledged this post once.  

Are you drunk posting or did you have stroke? 

Quite sober.  

Whataboutism - I looked it up for the first time after seeing it on your post.  Some Soviet propoganda strategy, but probably not part of your vocabulary until you found it via keyboardwarriorism (;-)) Whataboutism is sort of central to all politics really.  Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton - that's how they campaign.  QO constantly harps on how Trump is maligned by the media.  I don't dispute that at all.  I was pointing out to him though that I find it ironic since he (and Trump for that matter) took the previous president who they didn't like to task every time the guy opened his mouth.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 3:32 PM

Quite sober.  

Whataboutism - I looked it up for the first time after seeing it on your post.  Some Soviet propoganda strategy, but probably not part of your vocabulary until you found it via keyboardwarriorism (;-)) Whataboutism is sort of central to all politics really.  Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton - that's how they campaign.  QO constantly harps on how Trump is maligned by the media.  I don't dispute that at all.  I was pointing out to him though that I find it ironic since he (and Trump for that matter) took the previous president who they didn't like to task every time the guy opened his mouth.  

There is a rather large difference between me and other regular Americans taking obama to task, vs. the media taking obama to task (which they NEVER did).  The media pounds Trump24/7/365; they fawned over obama as if he was the messiah.

Thu, Jan 30, 2020 4:06 PM
posted by QuakerOats

There is a rather large difference between me and other regular Americans taking obama to task, vs. the media taking obama to task (which they NEVER did).  The media pounds Trump24/7/365; they fawned over obama as if he was the messiah.

Okay

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 6:45 PM

Crafty Nancy says Drumpf is "impeached forever," and "won't really be acquitted" even if he's, you know....acquitted.

I mean, I fully acknowledge that the right acted pretty silly over Obama on more than one occasion....but this is some seriously next level dumbassery lol.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 7:09 PM
posted by fish82

Crafty Nancy says Drumpf is "impeached forever," and "won't really be acquitted" even if he's, you know....acquitted.

I mean, I fully acknowledge that the right acted pretty silly over Obama on more than one occasion....but this is some seriously next level dumbassery lol.

I laughed when I heard that. That's good spin. 

This thing will be over in a day or so. 

Although, I do question the President's defense that the Office of the Presidency can pretty much not be impeached if they believe what they did was in the national internet. I also question the argument that the President can pretty much ask any foreign country to investigate a political rival. It seems like Republicans are now good with a President that can ask whatever they want from a foreign country if they think it is the national interest even if it leads to personal gain. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Jan 30, 2020 9:07 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I laughed when I heard that. That's good spin. 

This thing will be over in a day or so. 

Although, I do question the President's defense that the Office of the Presidency can pretty much not be impeached if they believe what they did was in the national internet. I also question the argument that the President can pretty much ask any foreign country to investigate a political rival. It seems like Republicans are now good with a President that can ask whatever they want from a foreign country if they think it is the national interest even if it leads to personal gain. 

Of course not but the president surely can not comply with a unlawful impeachment.  

Fri, Jan 31, 2020 7:32 AM
posted by Spock

Of course not but the president surely can not comply with a unlawful impeachment.  

Unlawful? 

There is no such thing. Impeachment is an act in the Constitution. If the House voted to impeach the President, which they did, that makes it lawful under the Constitution. Now, the Senate will acquit, which is also in the Constitution. 

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Jan 31, 2020 7:38 AM

Unlawful? 

There is no such thing. Impeachment is an act in the Constitution. If the House voted to impeach the President, which they did, that makes it lawful under the Constitution. Now, the Senate will acquit, which is also in the Constitution. 

The house started an impeachment investigation and subpeoned people without a vote of the house,  that is a violation of the constitution.  Last time I checked, the law is a pretty analytical objective thing.  You just dont get to ignore it and then go about your business.  The order in which the house prepared the impeachment was unlawful.  Hence the whole thing is void.

You ever heard of miranda rights?  You know....something that has to be done at a certain point in the process of following the law?  The logic of the application of miranda would be the same as the constitution requiring a house vote to START an impeachment.

Fri, Jan 31, 2020 7:51 AM
posted by Spock

The house started an impeachment investigation and subpeoned people without a vote of the house,  that is a violation of the constitution.  Last time I checked, the law is a pretty analytical objective thing.  You just dont get to ignore it and then go about your business.  The order in which the house prepared the impeachment was unlawful.  Hence the whole thing is void.

You ever heard of miranda rights?  You know....something that has to be done at a certain point in the process of following the law?  The logic of the application of miranda would be the same as the constitution requiring a house vote to START an impeachment.

Nah....

They did vote for the articles to formally impeach the President. That happened. That was the hilarious thing they signed with a ton of pens and walked over in some odd weird cult like thing over to the Senate. You can argue about process, but in the end, the House did vote to impeach the President. 

Spock Senior Member
Fri, Jan 31, 2020 8:53 AM

Nah....

They did vote for the articles to formally impeach the President. That happened. That was the hilarious thing they signed with a ton of pens and walked over in some odd weird cult like thing over to the Senate. You can argue about process, but in the end, the House did vote to impeach the President. 

1.  Process is the law.  

2.  The house impeached Trump on obstruction.  He did not obstruct congress in any unlawful way.  He did not comply with subpoenas because they were issued in pursuant to an impeachment inquiry without the the full vote of the house (Nancy knew she didnt have the votes so she did it anyway).  The constitution specifically has an order to do things so that one person or a small group of people cant Coup the prez.  

3.  This error on the houses inability to follow the law makes this whole thing invalid.  

Fri, Jan 31, 2020 9:38 AM

The entire idea of impeachment has been cheapened.  It has become a political tool rather than a measure to take when there is a true problem.  I can't agree that this impeachment is illegal.  The house votes to impeach - that makes it legal.  But the entire charade it sad.  But while this is going on, absolutely none of the country's business is being attended to by these ass clowns.  Nancy and Co. have probably done Trump a big favor by positioning him as a victim of a politically driven vendetta.  It seems like more of an opportunity for Dems to talk and for Trump to rally his base.  What a complete waste of time.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Jan 31, 2020 3:47 PM

Massive crowds in NJ and IA this week  / approval up 5% during impeachment.

Hitting on all cylinders.

Have a good weekend.

Fri, Jan 31, 2020 3:56 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Have a good weekend.

NJ he ain't winning, It was in the red area of NJ, not the population areas. Iowa, not a surprise. He should win Iowa by 5-10 points. 

His approval rating is up yes, but it is still in the same 40-45% range. Plus, that same poll by Fox had 50% of the respondents say the Senate should remove him from office.

All in all, polling for Trump has not changed much if at all sine he took office. So, yeah, have a great weekend. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-record-economy-ratings-as-half-say-senate-should-remove-trump

Fri, Jan 31, 2020 5:17 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Have a good weekend.

Elderly resident:. My pee dribble all went into the toilet bowl. 

Nursing Home Aide: Hitting on all cylinders. Have a great weekend. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 12:08 PM

Excellent SOTU.

Dems are an embarrassment.

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 12:19 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Excellent SOTU.

Dems are an embarrassment.

The whole thing is like watching children on the playground. Trump purposely snubs Pelosi's handshake, Pelosi tears up his speech, Pelosi sits there like a sulky teenager throughout, Trump awards the Medal of Freedom to friggin Rush Limbaugh. What a total joke. These people are the best we've got?

Although Trump could have come in, dropped his drawers and taken a dump on the podium and QO would regard it as a home run. 😉. Imagine his reaction had Obama awarded the Medal of Freedom to Michael Moore during the SOTU. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 1:47 PM

§2071. Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term "office" does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=%28title:18%20section:2071%20edition:prelim%29%20OR%20%28granuleid:USC-prelim-title18-section2071%29&f=treesort&edition=prelim&num=0&jumpTo=true

LOCK HER UP.       LOL

O-Trap Chief Shenanigans Officer
18,909 posts 140 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 1:56 PM

The whole thing is like watching children on the playground. Trump purposely snubs Pelosi's handshake, Pelosi tears up his speech, Pelosi sits there like a sulky teenager throughout, Trump awards the Medal of Freedom to friggin Rush Limbaugh. What a total joke. These people are the best we've got?

Although Trump could have come in, dropped his drawers and taken a dump on the podium and QO would regard it as a home run. 😉. Imagine his reaction had Obama awarded the Medal of Freedom to Michael Moore during the SOTU. 

I don't often side with you on stuff, but this is an excellent summary.

Our governing bodies are full of children at the federal level.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login