Disgusted with the Biden administration

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 5:41 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I don't think you understand the difference between background and a leak. But, whatever.

The Post story is vague and nuclear is a headliner, but could mean a whole host of things, so still waiting. 

The documents posted today are interesting. We do know what they are investigating now. 

And what are they investigating? That they waited 18 months for and already talked to him about?

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 5:44 PM
posted by iclfan2

And what are they investigating? That they waited 18 months for and already talked to him about?

The three federal code violations mentioned. You can look it up

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 6:21 PM

The three federal code violations mentioned. You can look it up

And I stand my initial take.  Nothing I've heard so far makes me think I was wrong.  There's a whole bunch of issues raised that sounds fishy (pun intended).

Unless Trump was actually trying to traffic these records that were locked in a storage room (yes, the usual TDS loons are claiming he was trying to sell it), nothing will come of any of those charges.  For starters, you have to show criminal intent.  Good luck with that (why Hillary wasn't charged). 

My guess is they had to list serious charges to get the judge to sign off on it.  I doubt he'll ever be charged.  But it wouldn't be the first time they've used obscure or ignored statutes to try to get Trump.  They're kitchen-sink at this point trying to disqualify him from 2024.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 6:32 PM
posted by iclfan2

There's dozens of questions surrounding the timing and actions they took, which mostly only point to one conclusion: January 6 fishing expedition.  Or maybe Russia Collusion Part Deaux.

One of many questions: Why didn't they only remove the classified records?  I wonder what Christopher Steele has been up to...
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 6:37 PM
posted by gut

And I stand my initial take.  Nothing I've heard so far makes me think I was wrong.  There's a whole bunch of issues raised that sounds fishy (pun intended).

Unless Trump was actually trying to traffic these records that were locked in a storage room (yes, the usual TDS loons are claiming he was trying to sell it), nothing will come of any of those charges.  For starters, you have to show criminal intent.  Good luck with that (why Hillary wasn't charged). 

My guess is they had to list serious charges to get the judge to sign off on it.  I doubt he'll ever be charged.  But it wouldn't be the first time they've used obscure or ignored statutes to try to get Trump.  They're kitchen-sink at this point trying to disqualify him from 2024.

Maybe. Maybe not. You could be right. I tend to agree that it is most likely not going to turn into anything if I had to guess. 

I'm not one to leap to any conclusions on motive here by the DOJ either as I do want to wait. 

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 6:38 PM
posted by gut

There's dozens of questions surrounding the timing and actions they took, which mostly only point to one conclusion: January 6 fishing expedition.  Or maybe Russia Collusion Part Deaux.

One of many questions: Why didn't they only remove the classified records?  I wonder what Christopher Steele has been up to...

I doubt it as it looks like this started well before 1/6 commission stuff. But, hey, whatever makes you think this is all political. 

I guess I am in the minority here in thinking the DOJ can actually do things by the book without influence of politics.

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 6:48 PM

I guess I am in the minority here in thinking the DOJ can actually do things by the book without influence of politics.

Well yea, that’s an awful belief. 
gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 7:01 PM

I doubt it as it looks like this started well before 1/6 commission stuff. But, hey, whatever makes you think this is all political. 

Hillary could have been charged with all 3 of those statutes.  I remember Comey specifically citing an inability to prove intent.

You maybe haven't followed that closely, but here's the stuff that points to something well beyond having classified records:

- The GSA boxed up the records at the WH.  My guess is Trump has never touched them since leaving.

- The GSA was out in June to inventory the records.  Told Trump to put a lock on the storage closet.

- An insider allegedly told the DOJ about classified records, which prompted the warrant.

- I haven't seen it confirmed, but there was allegedly a subpoena issued in June.  Some things were supposedly turned over, and other things were being discussed.

Now the question you have to ask yourself is, if they knew what records he had [clearly they did], why did they take ALL the records?  If they knew where the records were [clearly they did], why was the warrant for basically the whole property?

Read the statutes in question with the above in mind.  Intent is why you get the broad warrant instead of a very specific one.

Then ask yourself this: Do you really believe Trump was attempting to sell any of this stuff?  And if it's so sensitive and dangerous, then why wait days before serving the warrant?

Like I said, the only real conclusion you can take from that is seizing all the records in search of a crime.  I'll chalk-up the couple of subpoenas/warrants related to Jan 6 that came out a day or two before as purely coincidental.

You can dismiss it all you want, but we've already seen multiple instances of abuse with the DOJ when it comes to Trump.

gut Senior Member
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 7:15 PM
posted by iclfan2
Well yea, that’s an awful belief. 

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but it's pretty obvious the Dems are doing everything in their power to disqualify Trump from holding office again.  You'd think they'd WANT him to run again (LOL, maybe that IS the point).

I mean, you don't show up with 30 agents for 9 hours just to recover a few boxes of classified documents.

I don't know how anyone looks at those statutes and think Trump will ever be found guilty, if he's even charged.  Then the big question is WHY?  Like I said, it definitely looks like the purpose was to get a broad warrant to go fishing.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 7:30 PM

Wait, are you still under the believe that the DOJ didn’t bring trumped up BS to the FISA court with the made up Steele dossier for political reasons years ago?

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 7:33 PM
posted by gut

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but it's pretty obvious the Dems are doing everything in their power to disqualify Trump from holding office again.  You'd think they'd WANT him to run again (LOL, maybe that IS the point).

I mean, you don't show up with 30 agents for 9 hours just to recover a few boxes of classified documents.

I don't know how anyone looks at those statutes and think Trump will ever be found guilty, if he's even charged.  Then the big question is WHY?  Like I said, it definitely looks like the purpose was to get a broad warrant to go fishing.

I would love Trump to not run. Would much rather have DeSantis. And I think he’d bring other voters back. This was a dumb idea

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 4:29 AM
posted by gut

It would be a horrible precedent to set, but I wouldn’t lose sleep either if he was DQ’d from running. Pretty much paves the way for an easy Biden defeat.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 2:07 PM
posted by like_that

It would be a horrible precedent to set, but I wouldn’t lose sleep either if he was DQ’d from running. Pretty much paves the way for an easy Biden defeat.

Trump getting re-elected, at this point, is a frightening thought.  If the combination of paranoia and vengeance doesn't worry you, who the heck would even be willing to join his staff?  But I guess if you're one of those liberals that wants to burn everything down then you should definitely vote for Trump.

I think the GA election interference stuff has legs.  That might be the only realistic chance of disqualifying him from running.

Sat, Aug 13, 2022 3:38 PM
posted by gut

I think the GA election interference stuff has legs.  That might be the only realistic chance of disqualifying him from running.

Lol wut? Are you Stacy Abrams?
gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 3:49 PM
posted by iclfan2
Lol wut? Are you Stacy Abrams?

Well, there was the recorded phone call which was pretty damning where Trump was asking them to "find 11,000 votes".

There also appears to have been a conspiracy to send false electors, which could be fraud.

Forget the Jan. 6th stuff.  The above was the real effort to steal the election.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 3:59 PM

I would think the Dems would want Trump to run again

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 4:09 PM

For the love of God, can neither Biden or Trump run again. Somebody else please. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 4:19 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

For the love of God, can neither Biden or Trump run again. Somebody else please. 

I vote for this and honestly….I don’t know how anyone can really disagree. Are either of those 2 in the top million of best candidates to lead the United States?

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 4:42 PM
posted by Ironman92

Are either of those 2 in the top million of best candidates to lead the United States?

This could probably be said for most of the people in Congress, as well.

And some people want those clowns in DC to have MORE power.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 4:46 PM
posted by gut

This could probably be said for most of the people in Congress, as well.

And some people want those clowns in DC to have MORE power.

Yeah, I’m not very smart but I just don’t get it. I pretty much only vote locally anymore.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login