Disgusted with the Biden administration

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 8:25 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

We have beaten that horse. We just disagree on it. 

If you don’t agree with what I said then you are factually wrong.  Not my opinion that you are wrong, but factually wrong.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 8:37 PM
posted by jmog

If you don’t agree with what I said then you are factually wrong.  Not my opinion that you are wrong, but factually wrong.

Nope. We just disagree on the facts of the issue. We will never see eye to eye on it. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 8:42 PM

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 8:43 PM

I disagree with your conclusion too. You may be right, but until we see the actual reports and documents I think you are reaching. I think you are conflating a lot trying to link this is 1/6 when the two are completely separate.

I'm not conflating anything with 1/6.  They took EVERYTHING.  Every document relating to his time in office, including privileged information.  That goes far beyond retrieving documents marked classified. 

If the purpose was to recover classified documents, the search and what they took would have been more limited - Garland gaslit you when he pretended the search was narrow in scope.  If the purpose was as innocuous as you suggest, they'd immediately appoint an independent judge to review and return materials unrelated to classified documents.

The search was justified. I'm not arguing that.  But it's blatantly obvious the search was used as a pretext to go fishing.  I'm not saying 1/6, I'm saying ANY crime they can find.  Or perhaps any crime their media friends can imagine and falsely claim there's evidence of. 

Couple months of drip drip drip until the midterms.  How CONVENIENT.

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 8:57 PM
posted by gut

I'm not conflating anything with 1/6.  They took EVERYTHING.  Every document relating to his time in office, including privileged information.  That goes far beyond retrieving documents marked classified. 

If the purpose was to recover classified documents, the search and what they took would have been more limited - Garland gaslit you when he pretended the search was narrow in scope.  If the purpose was as innocuous as you suggest, they'd immediately appoint an independent judge to review and return materials unrelated to classified documents.

The search was justified. I'm not arguing that.  But it's blatantly obvious the search was used as a pretext to go fishing.  I'm not saying 1/6, I'm saying ANY crime they can find.  Or perhaps any crime their media friends can imagine and falsely claim there's evidence of. 

Couple months of drip drip drip until the midterms.  How CONVENIENT.

You jump to political reasons and justifications and I am more in the wait until we see let's see what else comes out before jumping to conclusions. I see an equal possible scenario that they are letting the legal process play out. 

I think we largely agree on the facts though.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 10:04 PM

All governments lie.  By their very nature they are political and will operate in that manner.  They are a necessary evil.  It's healthy to be skeptical of their motives.  Given the Russia hoax we were subjected to, the two failed impeachments, count me as highly skeptical of their motives in this case.

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 7:59 AM

You jump to political reasons and justifications and I am more in the wait until we see let's see what else comes out before jumping to conclusions. I see an equal possible scenario that they are letting the legal process play out. 

Their surveillance with a bogus FISA warrant when he was running is valid past evidence to “jump to political reasons” now.

Tue, Aug 16, 2022 10:00 AM
posted by majorspark

All governments lie.  By their very nature they are political and will operate in that manner.  They are a necessary evil.  It's healthy to be skeptical of their motives.  Given the Russia hoax we were subjected to, the two failed impeachments, count me as highly skeptical of their motives in this case.

Governments sure, but bureaucracies follow procedures, sometimes too much. But, I'm with you, but it is one thing to be skeptical and another to assume all actions by the DOJ are political and not rooted in the law or process. 

I'll also disagree with the whole Russia hoax concept. Sounds like you are bias toward an outcome already. 

Tue, Aug 16, 2022 10:02 AM
posted by jmog

Their surveillance with a bogus FISA warrant when he was running is valid past evidence to “jump to political reasons” now.

Again we just disagree on the facts of the whole thing. We are speaking different languages. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 10:22 AM

We have beaten that horse. We just disagree on it. 

It can't be disagreed with; it is a FACT that the FBI/DoJ presented the FISA court with fraudulent documents.  They were reprimanded for it by the FISA court judge; they should have served jail time for such an outrageous criminal offense. 

jmog Senior Member
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 10:23 AM

Again we just disagree on the facts of the whole thing. We are speaking different languages. 

Opinions can be disagreed on, facts can not. This isn't reality to say "we don't agree on the facts". 

But that botched warrant gives credence to this one being political in nature as well.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 10:29 AM

How many more warrants, arrests, handcuffs, and shows of force do you need.  Just about everyone associated with Trump has been targeted, improperly treated, falsely accused, and some financially destroyed.  When you start counting them all you can quite clearly see the pattern.  It is beyond belief that we have those in power attacking their political opponents with the force of the security state; this isn't Cuba or Russia for Christ's sake.  Are we just going to trash anyone's civil liberties that the powerful left disagrees with.  

We are in big fucking trouble if this is not rectified.

Tue, Aug 16, 2022 12:11 PM
posted by jmog

Opinions can be disagreed on, facts can not. This isn't reality to say "we don't agree on the facts". 

Tue, Aug 16, 2022 1:15 PM
posted by jmog

But that botched warrant gives credence to this one being political in nature as well.

If we have learned one thing over the past 6+ years, it is two people can look at the same information and come to widely different conclusions. 

This is one of those times. We will never see eye to eye on anything regarding Trump and the DOJ, Mueller, Russia, etc.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 2:13 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fisa-court-judge-rebukes-fbi-over-handling-of-wiretap-applications/

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/475053-fisa-courts-rebuke-of-the-fbi-it-broke-or-ignored-the-rules-and-our/

The presiding judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) has issued a stinging rebuke to the FBI in the wake of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report on the bureau’s serial abuses in the surveillance of Carter Page.

In the FISC’s assessment, the derelictions in the Page surveillance warrants are so serious, the court’s judges cannot be confident that any warrant applications the FBI has submitted are accurate and complete — i.e., that the bureau’s assertions have been true and, even if true, were not misleading because of the omission of relevant information. 

Consequently, in an extraordinary public order on Tuesday, the secret court’s presiding judge, Rosemary Collyer, directed the Justice Department and the FBI to conduct a thorough review of all submissions the bureau has made to the FISC. They have about three weeks (until Jan. 10, 2020) to explain what steps have been taken to assure the candor of each submission.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 2:17 PM

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/17/judge-fbi-surveillance-applications-086709

But experts on the court said a public order like Collyer’s that said the government’s credibility was in doubt across the board, in all cases, was a rarity. Analysts also said the unusual statement indicated that Collyer recognizes that the court’s own credibility is at stake.

“What is unusual about this is it was blasted out to the public and it clearly is addressed not only to the FBI but also to the readers of Mr. Horowitz’s report,” said Steven Aftergood of the Federation of American Scientists think tank. “It’s a struggle for the legitimacy of the court. … The FBI took the biggest hit from the report, but the court also looks bad.”

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 2:27 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

So you can post memes in this topic but are too stupid to post them in the "memes only" topic?

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 3:40 PM

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/former-irs-whistleblower-says-government-will-target-middle-class-dems-inflation-bill-its-bulls-t

William Henck, a former Internal Revenue Service (IRS) lawyer who was forced out after making allegations of internal malfeasance, said the government will target middle-income Americans with new audits under the Inflation Reduction Act.

"The idea that they're going to open things up and go after these big billionaires and large corporations is quite frankly bulls--t," Henck told FOX Business in an interview.

"There will be considerable incentive to basically to shake down taxpayers, and the advantage the IRS has is they have basically unlimited resources and no accountability, whereas a taxpayer has to weigh the cost of accountants, tax lawyers — fighting something in tax court," Henck told FOX Business.

Henck said during his time at the agency, he had observed IRS agents specifically targeting elderly taxpayers, some of whom were World War II veterans, because they could easily be forced into settlements.

"I protested both internally and externally, but I was ignored," he told FOX Business. "In their last days on Earth, these taxpayers were being bullied by the same government they had fought for as young men and no one cared."

Tue, Aug 16, 2022 6:20 PM
posted by superman

So you can post memes in this topic but are too stupid to post them in the "memes only" topic?

You’ve got me figured out once again.  Great post.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Aug 16, 2022 8:08 PM

Why are the Dems calling this bill great for (bullshit) climate change and healthcare? Thought it was supposed to be anti inflation?? Weird that Biden was just on vacation in sc and now back in Delaware too, I’m old enough to remember when that was bad… 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login