Disgusted with the Biden administration

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 10, 2022 4:38 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Also, no word on thanking Biden for signing the CHIP act today? Plenty of Ohioians there today at the signing. 

Intel is not happening without it. 

Site prep has started on the facility with a ground breaking in the coming weeks. Still on target for 2025 opening. Game changer for the region and state. 

Heard today 40 additional companies that support Intel are looking at sites in Central Ohio. 

Intel was happening.  They called Governor DeWine on Christmas morning, 2021, and told him so.  The Ohio team did a wonderful job in securing the investment.  There are also over 70 other major firms relocating their headquarters to Ohio from other states.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Aug 10, 2022 4:41 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Intel was happening.  They called Governor DeWine on Christmas morning, 2021, and told him so.  The Ohio team did a wonderful job in securing the investment.  There are also over 70 other major firms relocating their headquarters to Ohio from other states.

You gave Trump credit for the Cleveland-Cliffs DRI plant in Toledo even though the deal for that came about in 2014-15, so why shouldn’t someone else apply the same logic here?  

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 10, 2022 4:50 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I think the unemployment rate commonly cited attempts to account for what you cite.  3.5% of those able and willing go work.  Addicts and other mentally unfit people are outside of that estimate.  On top of that, southern Ohio probably has a higher portion of those types than lots of other places.  So I have no doubt you’re seeing way more than 3.5% of adults in that area walking around with no job.  

I don’t really mean addicts….they need extra help and are too far gone at the moment to work. But the traffic of able people that are either definitely on drugs but also full capable of many many jobs.

I see the holier than thou on FB saying there are simply too many jobs and not enough people….that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I know southern Ohio is worse but if they say it’s 10% I’m still saying no freaking way. Every other restaurant in town has to shut down a day or close early due to no employees. Most everything in town seems to be struggling for employees.

Not enough nurses, not enough teachers, not enough counselors, bus drivers, aides, cooking staff, waitresses, grocery workers.

My mom is 64 years old and a bit nervous about her having enough to live on so she went last week to 6 different places for possible employment in what she was interested in…..5 of them had a job ready for her.

It seems like 1/2 of town is living in duplexes for $650 a month and it’s being paid for somehow and none of them work…none and the owner even mows the damn grass for them all. 2 large areas of town with subdivisions of such…..and they aren’t big time druggies or they couldn’t get the houses to rent.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Aug 10, 2022 4:53 PM

Okay Alex Jones

Solid comeback.......either way I know I am right.  If they had something it would have been leaked by now.   

Wed, Aug 10, 2022 5:12 PM
posted by Fletch

...either way I know I am right.  

That’s all that matters.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Wed, Aug 10, 2022 6:03 PM

That’s all that matters.

Whats funny is that I am more often than not

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 10, 2022 6:12 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Apparently you don't listen to Intels CEO who has said the whole deal was contingent on passage of the CHIPs act to offset the cost of reshoring. 

Dewine and One Columbus did a great job of Intel picking Columbus over say North Carolina or Wisconsin. But, it was all dependent on CHIPs act. 

Jobs Ohio and One Columbus are doing a great job. Getting Google and Facebook here a few years was a big first step. 

Wed, Aug 10, 2022 6:14 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t really mean addicts….they need extra help and are too far gone at the moment to work. But the traffic of able people that are either definitely on drugs but also full capable of many many jobs.

I see the holier than thou on FB saying there are simply too many jobs and not enough people….that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. I know southern Ohio is worse but if they say it’s 10% I’m still saying no freaking way. Every other restaurant in town has to shut down a day or close early due to no employees. Most everything in town seems to be struggling for employees.

Not enough nurses, not enough teachers, not enough counselors, bus drivers, aides, cooking staff, waitresses, grocery workers.

My mom is 64 years old and a bit nervous about her having enough to live on so she went last week to 6 different places for possible employment in what she was interested in…..5 of them had a job ready for her.

It seems like 1/2 of town is living in duplexes for $650 a month and it’s being paid for somehow and none of them work…none and the owner even mows the damn grass for them all. 2 large areas of town with subdivisions of such…..and they aren’t big time druggies or they couldn’t get the houses to rent.

I think disability is a crutch for a lot of people in the area. I largely agree with your observations about SE Ohio too. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
Thu, Aug 11, 2022 2:13 PM

You gave Trump credit for the Cleveland-Cliffs DRI plant in Toledo even though the deal for that came about in 2014-15, so why shouldn’t someone else apply the same logic here?  

Ok; then Trump gets the credit for Intel since re-shoring started under him.  

Thx

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 11, 2022 4:51 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I think disability is a crutch for a lot of people in the area. I largely agree with your observations about SE Ohio too. 

Disability is inflated here for sure…a damn big number of people spend so much of their energy and intelligence to get out of working.

Thu, Aug 11, 2022 5:03 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Ok; then Trump gets the credit for Intel since re-shoring started under him.  

Thx

Neither of them deserves credit for any of it is the more accurate conclusion.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 11, 2022 6:46 PM

Neither of them deserves credit for any of it is the more accurate conclusion.  

Look, the only real point to take is that QO deserves a certain degree of admiration for being so willing to never give up his act that he can decide whether anything must be directly laid at the feet of the current president or the former guy based solely on whether it is good or bad AND what party either of those presidents happens to be. So, now, if it's good, it was Trump and if it's bad, it is Biden. While a couple years ago, if it was good, it was Trump and if it was bad, it was Obama.

And regardless of how utterly self-contradictory those claims wind up becoming over the course of over a decade of making them on this site, he sticks to those guns!

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 7:24 AM
posted by gut

Ptown: "Trump is slippery because he hates leaving a paper trail.  Doesn't like putting things in writing or email.  Shreds and flushes papers down the toilet"

Also Ptown: "Let's wait and see what incriminating evidence they find in those papers 18 months after Trump left the WH"

Ptown will come in here trying to look like the level headed poster by telling us to wait to see the outcome of the raid/investigation, meanwhile there is no doubt ptown will post about any leaked story regarding this investigation. Book it, he’s done it in the past.

Speaking of which, you have to love Garland speaking to the FBI’s professionalism and then the “searching for nuclear documents “ leak happens immediately after his press conference. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 1:38 PM
posted by like_that

Speaking of which, you have to love Garland speaking to the FBI’s professionalism and then the “searching for nuclear documents “ leak happens immediately after his press conference. 

Well, you know, Melania was going to courier nuclear secrets in the hemline of her dress.  So it's a good thing they searched her closet.

And I've said this before - it would be rather typical Trump to have an insider leak fake and damaging intel for the purpose of provoking a reaction so Trump can then play the victim.

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 1:55 PM
posted by gut

Well, you know, Melania was going to courier nuclear secrets in the hemline of her dress.  So it's a good thing they searched her closet.

And I've said this before - it would be rather typical Trump to have an insider leak fake and damaging intel for the purpose of provoking a reaction so Trump can then play the victim.

I saw a Trump supporter being interviewed outside the Maralago gate, weeping and saying "look what they're doing to his family".  The exact moment he was doing that, there was a reasonable chance Trump was playing golf at his NJ course prior to dining in the grille room with his pals.  Only in America.

Well I guess another MAGA guy attacked the FBI building in Cincy, so the wackos are coming out.  Marjorie Greene et al need fighters on the streets I guess.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 5:05 PM

But amazingly, the streets in every city are not burning, there has been no looting, federal buildings are not under siege, republican congressional leaders are not demanding no bail, billions in damage has not occurred, and statues have not been torn down.  Imagine that.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Fri, Aug 12, 2022 5:07 PM

JFC

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 5:34 PM
posted by like_that

Ptown will come in here trying to look like the level headed poster by telling us to wait to see the outcome of the raid/investigation, meanwhile there is no doubt ptown will post about any leaked story regarding this investigation. Book it, he’s done it in the past.

I don't think you understand the difference between background and a leak. But, whatever.

The Post story is vague and nuclear is a headliner, but could mean a whole host of things, so still waiting. 

The documents posted today are interesting. We do know what they are investigating now. 

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 5:35 PM
posted by QuakerOats

But amazingly, the streets in every city are not burning, there has been no looting, federal buildings are not under siege, republican congressional leaders are not demanding no bail, billions in damage has not occurred, and statues have not been torn down.  Imagine that.

That's some good mental reasoning 

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 5:36 PM
posted by gut

You are giving Trump way too much credit there. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login