Disgusted with the Biden administration

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 4:51 PM
posted by Ironman92

I vote for this and honestly….I don’t know how anyone can really disagree. Are either of those 2 in the top million of best candidates to lead the United States?

No, the smartest people don’t want to run for President 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 5:00 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

For the love of God, can neither Biden or Trump run again. Somebody else please. 

Preferably under the age of 60 as well.  These old guys are killing us.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 5:13 PM
posted by iclfan2

Again, find me someone in the top million

Sat, Aug 13, 2022 6:07 PM
posted by iclfan2

The strongest trait of a national politician should be psychopathology.  I believe most of them are smart - maybe not the smartest of us all, but top caliber.  But I think in this day in age, primarily psychopaths would be the only ones attracted to these jobs.

Most modern presidents and congress people prove that out - likely most governors too.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 6:20 PM
posted by Ironman92

Again, find me someone in the top million

Crazy when you think about the numbers.  There are probably something like 3M geniuses (IQ >=140) in the US.

gut Senior Member
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 6:22 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

But I think in this day in age, primarily psychopaths would be the only ones attracted to these jobs.

When you look at what it takes to wage a successful campaign, it's almost a prerequisite to be a pyschopath.
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 6:35 PM
posted by gut
When you look at what it takes to wage a successful campaign, it's almost a prerequisite to be a pyschopath.

Exactly right.  And that’s just the nature of it.  Your hope is that whichever one lands, his/her best interests align with the country’s from time to time. 

The age thing is another problem.  What does Biden, for example, care as to the effects of any of his actions.  He’s not going to be here. He doesn’t seem to care much for his family since he’s working an all in job at age 80, kids and grandkids be damned.  So he’s probably not all that worried about their future.  Like all modern presidents, that seems to leave his “legacy”.  What will everyone think of me forever?

At least a 50-60 year old has to live with his/her legacy for awhile.  That counts for something.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Aug 13, 2022 7:40 PM

I believe most are/were very smart but would be crazy to have a “real” person be president. A rock solid 45-55 year old  that has what it takes to handle everything …but wouldn’t matter as the congressmen are the shadiest of them all…but the president is often the best of that shadiest group lol

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 2:04 PM

Perhaps the FBI was looking to gain back records that contain further incriminating evidence about the corrupt and illegal activities of the FBI in the Russia hoax, the largest and most damaging political scandal in U.S. history. 

gut Senior Member
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 2:27 PM

Biden claimed 0% inflation last month was a whopper.  If Trump made a claim like this, the leftwing media would probably rank it in his top-10 lies all-time and cry about it 24/7 for weeks.

Look, there's spin and gaslighting and all kinds of disgusting deceptions.  But that's an embarassing insult to even the dumbest Americans.

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 3:11 PM
posted by gut

Biden claimed 0% inflation last month was a whopper.  If Trump made a claim like this, the leftwing media would probably rank it in his top-10 lies all-time and cry about it 24/7 for weeks.

Look, there's spin and gaslighting and all kinds of disgusting deceptions.  But that's an embarassing insult to even the dumbest Americans.

I'm sure he's letting gas prices cancel out stuff that is still increasing.  The problem is that he couldn't understand any of this stuff.  What a joke.  I'd love for him to shuffle his ass into the Giant Eagle and tell the people shopping that inflation is at 0.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 3:14 PM
posted by gut

"C'mon man, one number, Zero"

gut Senior Member
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 3:29 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

and tell the people shopping that inflation is at 0.  

Funny thing is, inflation actually slowed slightly month-over-month.  And to me that non-spin is more effective for multiple reasons.  But this is, again, an almost re-defining like with "recession".

It's like a cop saying "any idea how fast you were just going".  Well, I had the cruise control set on 80 so therefore my speed was 0...

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 3:42 PM
posted by gut

Funny thing is, inflation actually slowed slightly month-over-month.  And to me that non-spin is more effective for multiple reasons.  But this is, again, an almost re-defining like with "recession".

It's like a cop saying "any idea how fast you were just going".  Well, I had the cruise control set on 80 so therefore my speed was 0...

How about his explanation for the masses - it's zero, yes somethings went up, but others went down, so it's zero.  Reminds me of Patrick Ewing's  defense of NBA salaries, "Yes, we make a lot of money.  But we also spend a lot of money."

QuakerOats Senior Member
8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Aug 15, 2022 6:41 PM
posted by gut

Hillary could have been charged with all 3 of those statutes.  I remember Comey specifically citing an inability to prove intent.

You maybe haven't followed that closely, but here's the stuff that points to something well beyond having classified records:

- The GSA boxed up the records at the WH.  My guess is Trump has never touched them since leaving.

- The GSA was out in June to inventory the records.  Told Trump to put a lock on the storage closet.

- An insider allegedly told the DOJ about classified records, which prompted the warrant.

- I haven't seen it confirmed, but there was allegedly a subpoena issued in June.  Some things were supposedly turned over, and other things were being discussed.

Now the question you have to ask yourself is, if they knew what records he had [clearly they did], why did they take ALL the records?  If they knew where the records were [clearly they did], why was the warrant for basically the whole property?

Read the statutes in question with the above in mind.  Intent is why you get the broad warrant instead of a very specific one.

Then ask yourself this: Do you really believe Trump was attempting to sell any of this stuff?  And if it's so sensitive and dangerous, then why wait days before serving the warrant?

Like I said, the only real conclusion you can take from that is seizing all the records in search of a crime.  I'll chalk-up the couple of subpoenas/warrants related to Jan 6 that came out a day or two before as purely coincidental.

You can dismiss it all you want, but we've already seen multiple instances of abuse with the DOJ when it comes to Trump.

I'm with you until the sell part. I don't think they thought Trump was going to sell anything. I think it is more they were afraid some of the documents could fall into the wrong hands or be stolen. I also think the broad use of the search was to make sure they got everything. 

I disagree with your conclusion too. You may be right, but until we see the actual reports and documents I think you are reaching. I think you are conflating a lot trying to link this is 1/6 when the two are completely separate. 

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 6:42 PM
posted by jmog

Wait, are you still under the believe that the DOJ didn’t bring trumped up BS to the FISA court with the made up Steele dossier for political reasons years ago?

We have beaten that horse. We just disagree on it. 

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 6:43 PM
posted by gut

Well, there was the recorded phone call which was pretty damning where Trump was asking them to "find 11,000 votes".

There also appears to have been a conspiracy to send false electors, which could be fraud.

Forget the Jan. 6th stuff.  The above was the real effort to steal the election.

I agree. The GA stuff does seem to have legs. The Giuliani stuff today is the latest. 

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 6:44 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

For the love of God, can neither Biden or Trump run again. Somebody else please. 

1000% agree. But, I have a feeling we won't be so lucky. 

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 6:46 PM
posted by gut

Yeah. Biden got roasted, correctly, online. 

Dumb argument they made. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login