2020 Presidential Election thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Nov 17, 2019 7:20 PM
posted by iclfan2

Mayor Pete put out a list of 400 SC black people who supported some plan he put out. Problem is, half were white and others didn’t endorse anything about it. 

You know Hillary is just sitting back waiting for everyone to implode and then people beg her to run, again.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Nov 18, 2019 11:25 PM

I owned the domain and I was bored so I built this: http://libertarian2020.com/

I gotta tell ya, the crop of candidates is not inspiring as of yet.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 3, 2019 1:09 PM

Down goes Kamala. 

Tue, Dec 3, 2019 1:23 PM
posted by iclfan2

Down goes Kamala. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 3, 2019 1:37 PM

Trump v. Mini Mike

gut Senior Member
Tue, Dec 3, 2019 2:18 PM
posted by justincredible

Calm down.  IMO she'll be a leading VP candidate, so if we're talking Uncle Joe or Crazy Bernie she has a good shot at being POTUS in a few years.

Tue, Dec 3, 2019 3:09 PM
posted by gut

Calm down.  IMO she'll be a leading VP candidate, so if we're talking Uncle Joe or Crazy Bernie she has a good shot at being POTUS in a few years.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Dec 21, 2019 7:48 AM

So I finally caught up on the last dem debate. Thanks to youtube, I've been able to watch all of them up to this point.

And I will light my hair on fire before I vote for a damn one of them.

Between telling us that our taxes will be jacked and then telling us that they are ok with potentially hundreds of thousands of jobs being lost as long as they can promise their idea of a fantasy utopia, it will be a long long time before I will lower my principles and vote for them. From Bernie to Tulsi to Biden... not one of them care about the people that are my friends and family, almost all are blue collar workers.
Their message: 
1.) We will tax the hell out of you because why should you be able to pay your property taxes when somebody else wants their college bills paid?
2.) You can lose your job while we give free healthcare to illegal immigrants.
3.) Make sure you serve my fancy coffee with just the right design while being careful to call me by my chosen pronoun.

That's it. That is their message to YOU.

Yeah... good luck with that!

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Dec 30, 2019 5:03 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/30/politics/joe-biden-running-mate-republican/index.html

These clowns will say anything to get elected

wkfan Senior Member
1,850 posts 13 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 31, 2019 10:50 AM
posted by Spock

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/30/politics/joe-biden-running-mate-republican/index.html

These clowns will say anything to get elected

And it's not even an original idea...he got it from watching Madam Secretary.

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Jan 1, 2020 12:25 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-biden-coal-miners-learn-program-code

Biden might be the worst campaigner of all time.  He is the best gaff machine of all time

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jan 1, 2020 1:52 PM
posted by Spock

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-biden-coal-miners-learn-program-code

Biden might be the worst campaigner of all time.  He is the best gaff machine of all time

How exactly is this bad?  Besides the fact that Fox reported it, what's wrong with it?  Coal mining is a shrinking profession regardless of who's in office. Finding another skill to learn is good advice. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Jan 1, 2020 2:14 PM

Really, Biden is just as bad as Trump....only not vulgar or mean-spirited about it.

gut Senior Member
Wed, Jan 1, 2020 2:16 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

How exactly is this bad? 

The words you're looking for are "tone deaf", or perhaps "insensitive" or "lacking empathy".  This is the second thread that you've tried to defend the comment.

Yeah, coal is a dying industry.  This is still a brainless comment from Quid Pro Joe.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Jan 1, 2020 2:22 PM
posted by gut

The words you're looking for are "tone deaf", or perhaps "insensitive" or "lacking empathy".  This is the second thread that you've tried to defend the comment.

Yeah, coal is a dying industry.  This is still a brainless comment from Quid Pro Joe.

I'm really struggling to see how this is insensitive. I'm not a fan of Biden. But someone telling someone that if they are good enough to coal mine then they are certainly capable of learning computers is complimentary.   

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 1, 2020 3:21 PM

I'm really struggling to see how this is insensitive. I'm not a fan of Biden. But someone telling someone that if they are good enough to coal mine then they are certainly capable of learning computers is complimentary.   

1) no dudes working in a coal mine are going to learn to code bc they don’t want to

2) it’s funny bc all the loser media members were losing their shit getting told learn to code as there industry folds, enough so that Twitter was banning people for saying “learn to code”

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jan 2, 2020 6:43 AM

Yes, go try to explain that to a coal miner who has been mining for his/her entire life or a good portion of his/her life.  

"Chill out bro, his comment is not really insensitive.  He is saying he is wants to abolish your entire industry, but it's ok, because he thinks you're smart enough to learn how to code!  If only you were educated, you would comprehend this."

I am a believer in the market is the market and we all should develop more skills, but as gut says it was totally a tone deaf/insensitive comment.  Defending it otherwise makes you come off as completely delusional and out of touch, which is not surprising consider half the nation still can't comprehend how someone like Trump won the election. 

Edit: As a believer in the market, I also believe the status of their jobs should be based on the market, not some clown "progressive" public servants trying to virtue to the bat shit crazy sector of their voting base.

posted by iclfan2

1) no dudes working in a coal mine are going to learn to code bc they don’t want to

2) it’s funny bc all the loser media members were losing their shit getting told learn to code as there industry folds, enough so that Twitter was banning people for saying “learn to code”

Beat me to it.  The left went hysterical when everyone poked fun of dumbass "journalists" for losing their jobs.  The same "journalists" for 8 years mocked blue collar workers by telling them to learn how to code. Twitter still bans people from saying it.  Quite the shocker they haven't banned Joe's account. 

Spock Senior Member
Thu, Jan 2, 2020 8:38 AM

To defend Bidens comments on this is stupid

Thu, Jan 9, 2020 9:05 AM

Lincoln Chafee has thrown his hat in the ring for the Libertarian Party nomination. I swear if that asshole gets the nod I'll be giving up on that party for good. They need to cut the shit and stop running retread Republicans and Democrats that clearly don't give a principled shit about liberty. I'd be fine if Justin Amash wound up with the nomination, but Lincoln Chafee is no friend to liberty.

My current favorite candidate is Jacob Hornberger. I can see him sparking a Ron Paul type following as he's a good messenger and has actual principles.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Jan 9, 2020 2:02 PM
posted by justincredible

Lincoln Chafee has thrown his hat in the ring for the Libertarian Party nomination. I swear if that asshole gets the nod I'll be giving up on that party for good. They need to cut the shit and stop running retread Republicans and Democrats that clearly don't give a principled shit about liberty. I'd be fine if Justin Amash wound up with the nomination, but Lincoln Chafee is no friend to liberty.

My current favorite candidate is Jacob Hornberger. I can see him sparking a Ron Paul type following as he's a good messenger and has actual principles.

I think Larry Sharpe will get the nod.  I've said this before, but the LP is going nowhere, because they are a cluster fuck. The libertarian movement would be far better off infiltrating the GOP.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login