2020 Presidential Election thread

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 9, 2020 2:16 PM

Larry Sharpe said he is 100% not running in 2020, but would not rule out a 2024 run. He said his gubernatorial run took a lot out of him.

If the Mises Caucus takes over the party, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll continue to keep an arms distance from the party as I do now.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jan 9, 2020 3:12 PM

Mayor Pete the first candidate to blame Trump for Iran shooting down an airplane! Who will follow.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 3:24 AM
posted by justincredible

Larry Sharpe said he is 100% not running in 2020, but would not rule out a 2024 run. He said his gubernatorial run took a lot out of him.

If the Mises Caucus takes over the party, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll continue to keep an arms distance from the party as I do now.

I am not holding my breath.  The LP currently seems more concerned with signaling to progressives than anything else.

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Spock Senior Member
Mon, Jan 13, 2020 11:04 AM

and Booker is out.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 15, 2020 10:40 AM

Just checking in to see what the Marxists promised to the citizens and non-citizens last night ……..how much theft from the productive will occur, how much will be shelled out for votes, and how much will they line their own pockets with for this service?

Spock Senior Member
Wed, Jan 15, 2020 10:58 AM

Couldnt tell you.  The average smart American didnt watch it

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 15, 2020 11:17 AM

The debate was a clown show. 

Bloomberg is the only hope for the Dems. 

Spock Senior Member
Sun, Jan 19, 2020 5:35 PM

Heading into impeachment tuesday......Dems throwing Bidens under the bus.  

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 19, 2020 6:11 PM
posted by BRF

Bloomberg is the only hope for the Dems. 

I think you may be right.  But I'm not sure how he's going to get there without being in the debates, and for some reason the liberal media doesn't have much interest in talking about him.

Maybe he's "plan B" in case Biden starts dropping in the polls.  I don't think Biden can beat Trump - with a good economy I doubt swing voters trade one clown for the other just because he's less vulgar.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 19, 2020 8:22 PM
posted by gut

I think you may be right.  But I'm not sure how he's going to get there without being in the debates ...

After the debates, I caught Bloomberg on the Colbert show. He explained that he was not allowed on the stage because he is financing himself and you have to have a certain number of donors to qualify.  I did not know that.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jan 19, 2020 8:30 PM
posted by BRF

After the debates, I caught Bloomberg on the Colbert show. He explained that he was not allowed on the stage because he is financing himself and you have to have a certain number of donors to qualify.  I did not know that.

Right, although I'm not sure that's the only reason because you have to also hit certain polling numbers in several states.  I'm sure if he otherwise qualified and WANTED to debate he could petition for an exception.

My guess is he doesn't want to debate and face attacks and tough questions when he can just drop a few hundred million in ads that are 100% positive about him

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jan 19, 2020 8:33 PM

Also, the Democratic primaries are an absolute mess.  I have no idea how it works.  Just saw something about how if no one meets the threshold the first go around, people can re-cast their votes but only if they supported also-rans like Klobuchar or Yang....or something.

They definitely put their thumb on the scale with all their rules.  Makes you wonder if it's really a "free" election when they seem to create rules to block potentially unwelcome outcomes.

Spock Senior Member
Sun, Jan 19, 2020 9:29 PM

Maybe the dems want a brokered convention.   Then the delegates will take the candidate that they really want but cant rig the primaries because they already did that for Clinton 

Spock Senior Member
Mon, Jan 20, 2020 10:53 AM

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/19/new-york-times-endorsement-warren-klobuchar-101131

Whats the move here?  Endorse 2 people and they are both females.  They trying to broker the convention by keeping these 2 around?  They trying to guarantee that there is a women on the ticket?

They know that Biden will never have a women on the ticket and that he is likely toast anyway?

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 12:09 PM

In a great moment of unintentional comedy, Hillary criticized Bernie for being unlikable.

To break that down. Hillary Clinton, OF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE, said someone else was hard to like. While also using "career politician" to describe that person. It's really hilarious seeing her as that self-unaware to actually seriously criticize anyone else on either of those things.

gut Senior Member
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 12:13 PM
posted by Heretic

It's really hilarious seeing her as that self-unaware to actually seriously criticize anyone else on either of those things.

She really just doesn't know when to go away.  Has to be the biggest case of sour grapes among Presidential losers in history.  Seems like she's identified Bernie as reason number #37 why she lost (and none of the reasons has anything to do with her).

In a brokered convention, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hillary running around reminding people she already beat Trump once (it's just the the popular vote doesn't actually count!).

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 4:10 PM
posted by gut

She really just doesn't know when to go away.  Has to be the biggest case of sour grapes among Presidential losers in history.  Seems like she's identified Bernie as reason number #37 why she lost (and none of the reasons has anything to do with her).

In a brokered convention, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hillary running around reminding people she already beat Trump once (it's just the the popular vote doesn't actually count!).

I'm thinking right now that 95% of the party leaders' reasoning behind the impeachment process is to try to create as much concern about Trump as humanly possible in order to distract from how they're incapable of doing ANYTHING without coming off like bumbling sitcom dads, tripping over themselves at every turn.

2017 -- we gotta vote out Trump

2018 -- we gotta vote out Trump

early 2019 -- we gotta vote out Trump

And then, as time rolls closer and closer to the primary and, then, general election, things just go off the rails. Suddenly, of the people with anything resembling anything close to a chance of getting the nomination, Biden and Buttigieg are getting criticized more and more for not being far enough left. And the fact that Booker and Harris dropped out due to having no popularity means the field isn't diverse enough. And Hillary is saying no one likes Bernie.

And so, we'll have a few months of everyone tearing into everyone else, so that no one winds up looking good and the whole "vote Trump out" movement gets eaten up because the eventual candidate is either too left for the more moderate crowd to get their support because they care more about not having a far left/right wingnut than which party wins or the too moderate for the progs to care about because they'd rather lose and bitch constantly about how it's the fault of everyone else that this is what the situation is than win with a candidate that isn't as unrealistically left-wing as they are.

Just so obvious that's how it's gonna turn out.

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 22, 2020 10:09 AM

Man, Hillary wants back in SO bad lol.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 22, 2020 3:52 PM
posted by fish82

Man, Hillary wants back in SO bad lol.

Only about 4 people have to commit suicide for it to happen.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login