2020 Presidential Election thread

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 2:12 PM

So they are going to release half the results by 5pm.  So who is to say the rest don't get released until after the New Hampshire primary.  And only releasing half could, depending on precincts skew a final result.

This could skew momentum for a particular candidate going into the NH primary.

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 2:23 PM
posted by majorspark

This could skew momentum for a particular candidate going into the NH primary.

Oh nos!!!  That would be so unfortunate...

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 2:30 PM

Yeah, if they don't release the final vote tally/ allocations before New Hampshire, the DNC is just begging for conspiracy theories. 

I totally forgot, there is a debate on Friday, If there is no known winner there, it could be a shit show as each candidate will just say they won. 

I honestly do not think it matters so far as someone like Biden or even Bloomberg may take over the race once we hit Super Tuesday in a month. 

majorspark Senior Member
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 2:38 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

the DNC is just begging for conspiracy theories.

Especially since Shadow Inc. is the App Dev company hired.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Feb 4, 2020 3:22 PM

Yeah, if they don't release the final vote tally/ allocations before New Hampshire, the DNC is just begging for conspiracy theories. 

Alex Jones says to buy dried meat just in case. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Thu, Feb 6, 2020 11:21 AM

I was working on a new conspiracy last night......Bloomburg is spending billions and didnt jump into the waters of the Iowa caucus........the Iowa caucus ends up being  a total cluster (that will surely sink the dems).  THe Clintons former campaign people have their fingers all over it with the company that built the app.  Bloomburg and Clinton are buds.  

So Bloomburh knew the Clintons were rigging the Iowa caucus to blow up and Bloomburg knew to stay out.  

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 12:15 PM
posted by Spock

I was working on a new conspiracy last night......Bloomburg is spending billions and didnt jump into the waters of the Iowa caucus........the Iowa caucus ends up being  a total cluster (that will surely sink the dems).  THe Clintons former campaign people have their fingers all over it with the company that built the app.  Bloomburg and Clinton are buds.  

So Bloomburh knew the Clintons were rigging the Iowa caucus to blow up and Bloomburg knew to stay out.  

LOL.

Right bro....

Or....maybe, just maybe...Bloomberg knew he wouldn't be competitive in Iowa as he entered the race too late to be able to organize a ground game, so he skipped it...

Biden shows that name alone without a strong ground game leads to a 4th place. 

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 12:21 PM

It is looking like Iowa is a virtual tie between Pete and Bernie with 97% of the vote in. Pete leads by .1% and in state delegates 550.34 to 546.87. 

So, its a wash pretty much like 2016 where Clinton won the delegate county but Bernie won the overall total. 

On to New Hamphsire...

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 6, 2020 12:47 PM
posted by Spock

I'm still sticking with my old theory that you're a total idiot who auto-believes any random line spewed by any right-wing blog, regardless of how stupid it sounds to anyone capable of rational thought.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Feb 11, 2020 8:17 PM

And out drops yang. Buttigieg and Klobuchar doing better than expected. S.C. will be interesting as it will be the first place that isn’t super white (both) or super Bernie (NH). 

Warren all but dead. 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Feb 11, 2020 9:30 PM

Buttegig and Klobachar ticket

majorspark Senior Member
Wed, Feb 12, 2020 9:54 AM

Biden is circling the drain.

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 10:36 AM
posted by Spock

Buttegig and Klobachar ticket

Maybe, still way to go. 

posted by majorspark

Biden is circling the drain.

Not yet. I wouldn't be shocked if he dropped out though after Nevada and especially if he doesn't win South Carolina. 

Even if he wins SC, but doesn't do well on Super Tuesday, he is toast. 

I think this is still wide open. I could still see any of the top 5 along with Bloomberg taking the nomination, or even a contested convention. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 12, 2020 12:56 PM

I think this is still wide open. I could still see any of the top 5 along with Bloomberg taking the nomination, or even a contested convention. 

I think Bloomberg has the best shot after Sanders, Klobachar, and Buttigieg. I think Biden will do better in SC than he has been, but how can you possibly see Warren taking the nomination? She is toast. 

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 1:03 PM
posted by iclfan2

I think Bloomberg has the best shot after Sanders, Klobachar, and Buttigieg. I think Biden will do better in SC than he has been, but how can you possibly see Warren taking the nomination? She is toast. 

She is the one most likely to drop out. But, shit, what if she pulls off a miracle in Nevada or voters dump Bernie for her? It is unlikely, but possible. A lot can happen between now and Nevada. 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Feb 12, 2020 2:04 PM

Bernie-Klobuchar......ugggghhhhh

I do think Biden will drop out soon.  I also think we're going to end-up with a contested convention (which is exactly how a Bernie-Klobuchar ticket could happen).

Don't see Buttigieg as anyone's VP - white male, and gay, is not going to help anyone's ticket.  I'd like to see Gabbard on the ticket.

This race could end-up playing out a lot like Repubs in 2016.  Bernie has his core of voters, even more if Warren drops out, and then you could have 3 or 4 "moderates" splitting the rest.

It seems like few Dems are confident any of these people can beat Trump.  I could see voters coalescing around Bloomberg, not to mention the trucks of money he has to spend.  He might be the only one that can win the general.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Feb 12, 2020 2:08 PM
posted by gut

He might be the only one that can win the general.

Totally, totally agree. 

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 2:17 PM
posted by BRF

Totally, totally agree. 

Yup. Agreed. 

The Ad he put out online a few days ago pitting words of US Presidents against that of Trump at rallies was great. 

https://twitter.com/MikeBloomberg/status/1226580658807504897

gut Senior Member
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 1:21 PM

Warren spending her last few buck to run ads....begging people to send her more money!  Poor girl didn't even have enough money to pay William Devane to shill for her.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 1:36 PM

I saw a poll showing that Bernie polls well with college students.

Hard to believe a dude promising to wipe out their tuition bills is polling well with that demographic.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login