2020 Presidential Election thread

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 26, 2019 12:00 PM

So Joe Biden says he is getting calls from world leaders begging him to save the world from Trump.  The intelligence community might want to take note.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 26, 2019 2:04 PM
posted by majorspark

So Joe Biden says he is getting calls from world leaders begging him to save the world from Trump.  The intelligence community might want to take note.

Who is calling:  Iran, North Korea, Russia, China, Venezuela ?

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Apr 26, 2019 4:49 PM

Just saw this highlighted on a Tim Pool vid:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/23/1852590/-Roughly-20-of-Bernie-Sanders-voters-would-rather-vote-for-Trump-if-Warren-Harris-or-Buttigieg-win

Now, IIRC, this happened in '16, didn't it? Some Bernie voters journeyed to vote for Trump - pretty much as a protest to Hillary rigging the nomination.

My question is, do you think this might happen again, if Bernie doesn't win the nomination? Does it matter which candidate makes it? I'm going to predict that it will not happen like that*. I think that this time the dems will circle the wagon and vote for whoever wins the nomination, no matter who wins it. And *when* that happens Trump will be out. Plain and simple.

*I'm terrible at predictions and hardly ever right, so take my prediction with a grain of salt lol

Mon, Apr 29, 2019 6:23 AM

Well, hell! Joe Biden's going to win based on pure artistic ability!

https://twitter.com/heckyessica/status/1122503017763414016

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Apr 29, 2019 4:46 PM

So watching Joe Biden attempt to re-define how to measure a "successful" economy....And attempting to portray the tax cuts as all going to the rich.

I think these are complete losers as issues for Dems, probably along with immigration.  Trump has the high ground on all of that with respect to turnout and swing voters.  Healthcare might play right into Trump's hands - yeah, we need more Repubs in Congress to fix it.

You have to go after Trump's character and behavior.  And foreign policy - not one significant achievement (I'm not counting ripping up trade agreements for new ones with next to nothing as far as material changes). 

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Mon, Apr 29, 2019 7:09 PM
posted by gut

So watching Joe Biden attempt to re-define how to measure a "successful" economy....And attempting to portray the tax cuts as all going to the rich.

I think these are complete losers as issues for Dems, probably along with immigration.  Trump has the high ground on all of that with respect to turnout and swing voters.  Healthcare might play right into Trump's hands - yeah, we need more Repubs in Congress to fix it.

You have to go after Trump's character and behavior.  And foreign policy - not one significant achievement (I'm not counting ripping up trade agreements for new ones with next to nothing as far as material changes). 

Wut???  

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Apr 30, 2019 8:05 AM
posted by gut

He can make an argument regarding ISIS.  I know I am repeating myself, but I really do believe the only chance the Dems have is if Biden is their candidate (out of the candidates that have a realistic shot of winning the primary).  He is the only guy that can package himself as "normal."  That might be more than enough to defeat Trump.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Apr 30, 2019 10:37 AM

Well, when he has to answer the question, were you in the meeting with obama and the others regarding the spying on Team Trump ……..

Anyway, he is toast even before all that .

Spock Senior Member
Tue, Apr 30, 2019 12:58 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Well, when he has to answer the question, were you in the meeting with obama and the others regarding the spying on Team Trump ……..

Anyway, he is toast even before all that .

Did you hear his rally yesterday?  He cant talk without sounding like he is having a stroke.

QuakerOats Senior Member
Tue, Apr 30, 2019 3:31 PM

Remnants of his major brain surgery about 20 years ago.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, May 1, 2019 12:26 PM

So we have Gillibrand saying evetryone should get $600 to donate to candidates (from where?) and Stallwell (guy who said US would nuke their own constituents over guns) tried saying the constitution never mentioned women BUT IT DIDN'T MENTION MEN EITHER. Some of these fringe candidates should already be tossed out of appearing in any debates.

What is the endgame for running an extremely unsuccessful presidential campaign? How much money can you make off of it?

gut Senior Member
Wed, May 1, 2019 12:42 PM
posted by iclfan2

What is the endgame for running an extremely unsuccessful presidential campaign? How much money can you make off of it?

More than a few are angling for spots on cable news.  Or the consolation prize of a cushy job at some activist organization funded by rich donors, if you can create the right persona/profile.

If I was a Washington insider that wanted a quicker path to wealth than a career in politics, I'd be maneuvering to be an influencer to cash-in on climate change - $5T will create a lot of multi-millionaires who do nothing but leech off of that slush fund. 

AOC covering all the bases (maybe not as dumb as we think).

BoatShoes Senior Member
5,991 posts 23 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, May 2, 2019 7:16 AM
posted by iclfan2

So we have Gillibrand saying evetryone should get $600 to donate to candidates (from where?) and Stallwell (guy who said US would nuke their own constituents over guns) tried saying the constitution never mentioned women BUT IT DIDN'T MENTION MEN EITHER. Some of these fringe candidates should already be tossed out of appearing in any debates.

They sell books. Bernie became a millionaire. 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, May 2, 2019 9:28 AM
posted by BoatShoes

They sell books. Bernie became a millionaire. 

Who are you voting for in this primary?  Biden?

Sat, May 4, 2019 7:41 PM

So, uh... Bill deBlasio might announce he's running for President next week.

That will make it something like 23-24 people running on the democrat side? Is this actually a good thing?

gut Senior Member
Sat, May 4, 2019 8:43 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

That will make it something like 23-24 people running on the democrat side? Is this actually a good thing?

Well, for the Repubs a number of favorites split votes and struggled to get traction while Trump sucked up a plurality due to name recognition.  That would seem to heavily favor Bernie and Biden.

Biden would probably be fine.  Bernie would be scary if Dems were to control both the House and Senate.

fish82 Senior Member
4,402 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, May 10, 2019 3:42 PM

Pretty funny watching poor Beto fall out of media favor so quickly. 

Spock Senior Member
Sun, May 12, 2019 5:52 PM
posted by fish82

Who???

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, May 14, 2019 5:07 PM
posted by fish82

Saw some clips of Beto on the View.  He clearly turned in his testicles at the door.

Thu, May 16, 2019 8:20 AM

So Bill deBlasio has made it official that he will be running for president, also. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login