2020 Presidential Election thread

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 9:28 AM

The Director of National Intelligence came out and said they have no indication that the laptop has anything to do with Russian disinformation. Where did the media even come up with that? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:35 AM
posted by like_that

It's very fitting his last name is Reich. 

Touche

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:56 AM
posted by iclfan2

The Director of National Intelligence came out and said they have no indication that the laptop has anything to do with Russian disinformation. Where did the media even come up with that? 

I think Rudi said it was 50/50 he was a tool of Russian intel.

But what's interesting about the DNI statement is it seems to confirm the laptop is real?  Except I'd only believe confirmation from the FBI/DOJ, and policy prohibits them from doing it.

I'm not sure the emails prove anything any reasonable person didn't already know - that Bidens (and many other politicians) have enriched themselves, friends and family off of selling influence.  It's the only conclusion - Hunter Biden's only qualifications for these deals was being son of the VP.

It happens a lot, although I hope on a smaller scale, with friends & family of Washington insiders getting cushy corporate jobs and Board appointments.  Also notable is Hunter got more than double from Burisma what many Fortune 50's pay their Board members.  But I'm not sure how many of those people are as unqualified as Hunter - Chelsea Clinton, for example, got a job at McKinsey and then another high profile firm but I'm sure she is very, very smart and not a drug addict that failed upwards because of her father.

majorspark Senior Member
5,459 posts 38 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

Adam Schiff.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:30 PM
posted by majorspark

Adam Schiff.

Never forget.

8,788 posts 20 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:49 PM
posted by gut

I think Rudi said it was 50/50 he was a tool of Russian intel.

But what's interesting about the DNI statement is it seems to confirm the laptop is real?  Except I'd only believe confirmation from the FBI/DOJ, and policy prohibits them from doing it.

I'm not sure the emails prove anything any reasonable person didn't already know - that Bidens (and many other politicians) have enriched themselves, friends and family off of selling influence.  It's the only conclusion - Hunter Biden's only qualifications for these deals was being son of the VP.

It happens a lot, although I hope on a smaller scale, with friends & family of Washington insiders getting cushy corporate jobs and Board appointments.  Also notable is Hunter got more than double from Burisma what many Fortune 50's pay their Board members.  But I'm not sure how many of those people are as unqualified as Hunter - Chelsea Clinton, for example, got a job at McKinsey and then another high profile firm but I'm sure she is very, very smart and not a drug addict that failed upwards because of her father.

Why the fuck is the DNI on Fox Business? Does anybody ever remember any other DNI going on a cable show, ever? The DNI is supposed to be apolitical and not ever making or pushing policy nor statements of intelligence without the proper context. 

The National Security Adviser should be making these statements. 

I still do not believe a shred of this due to the intelligence is just so marred in politics it is hard to believe at this point. 

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:50 PM

So it looks like Biden calling a lid on his campaign until after Thursday's debate.

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:51 PM
posted by like_that

Don't take my word for it, take Twitter's word.  

Now, tell me how this policy was applied the same way to the NY Times Trump tax story 5 weeks ago.  Good luck little guy. 

Did the NYT get the info on his taxes from hacking or the normal, traditional sources that reporters use? It is the second and that is the difference. Come on, you know better. 

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:51 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I still do not believe a shred of this due to the intelligence is just so marred in politics it is hard to believe at this point. 

Has Biden categorically denied any of it? 

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:55 PM
posted by majorspark

Has Biden categorically denied any of it? 

Would it make a difference to you? Probably not. Voters do not care, nor are they willing to give it any credibility. 

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:00 PM

Would it make a difference to you? Probably not. Voters do not care, nor are they willing to give it any credibility. 

Actually it would.  And many voters do care.  Anecdotal but my youngest son was home this weekend and told my wife and I this has convinced him to not sit this one out. 

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:04 PM
posted by majorspark

Actually it would.  And many voters do care.  Anecdotal but my youngest son was home this weekend and told my wife and I this has convinced him to not sit this one out. 

So, I guess Biden stating a few days ago the whole thing  was a smear campaign doesn't qualify? 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:08 PM

Did the NYT get the info on his taxes from hacking or the normal, traditional sources that reporters use? It is the second and that is the difference. Come on, you know better. 

And by what traditional means did reporters use to leak someone's personal tax information?  Did Trump give them authorization? 

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:10 PM

So, I guess Biden stating a few days ago the whole thing  was a smear campaign doesn't qualify? 

No.  You can be smeared with your own shit. 

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:11 PM
posted by like_that

And by what traditional means did reporters use to leak someone's personal tax information?  Did Trump give them authorization? 

Yes, as in the historical means that reporters have been getting information since newspapers and the press were invented.  

Edit: I caught myself. It does include his personal taxes before 2018 and 2019. It is a mix of business and personal before then. 

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:12 PM
posted by majorspark

No.  You can be smeared with your own shit. 

Yeah, see it does not matter to you then. What do you want him to say on Thursday, he denies it all? I highly doubt you would be happy with that as you would find a way to say well he didn't deny it totally. 

The fact that you want him to deny it instead of questioning why the DNI is actively on a cable news show using the intelligence community for political purposes shows your own bias. 

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:20 PM

Yes, as in the historical means that reporters have been getting information since newspapers and the press were invented.  It was not his personal taxes,....it was his business taxes. But, details are hard for you I know. 

Still without authorization.  Basically twitter's (and your) arbitrary logic is it is ok to leak unauthorized information as long as it goes thru the back channels of reporting and as long is it is not "hacked."  There is no way around it, his taxes were handed to the NYT illegally. 

Btw, the laptop was handed to the authorities, so the emails essentially were not hacked, and they were "leaked" just the way you explained how the taxes were. But, details are hard for you, I know.  So, with that being said, please tell me how the policy was equally applied to both stories. 

This is one of just many examples btw.  Are you also one who believes they apply their standards/policies equally?

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:24 PM

What do you want him to say on Thursday, he denies it all? I highly doubt you would be happy with that as you would find a way to say well he didn't deny it totally. 

Yes I do and I would hope that he would not repeatedly be asked the same question over and over again like he never answered it.

majorspark Senior Member
Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:26 PM

The fact that you want him to deny it instead of questioning why the DNI is actively on a cable news show using the intelligence community for political purposes shows your own bias. 

He can actually do both.

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:26 PM
posted by majorspark

Ptown for unverified hearsay report of something Trump said: "guys this is really bad, and the nation is just sick of these stories from trump."

Ptown when controversy emails are posted tied to Biden:  "lol, do you think anyone cares."

I actually agree with you, that the country is facing Trump fatigue and sick of it.  That's why I think Biden wins.  I've already said it before, but I mainly find it funny you claim you're this reasonable right moderate, and yet you downplay every single report harping on the left, while taking over single report against trump for face value.   We already know how you will react to any bad news once the Biden administration is in play. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login