2020 Presidential Election thread

Spock Senior Member
5,271 posts 9 reps Joined Jul 2013
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 10:51 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Yeah I wonder how much of that $410 billion went to Peoples churches and never filtered further than that? 

Or most of it. I went to a church that had over $10,000 a month in outreach and mission work.  

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:04 AM

Well let's see. Who swiped West Virginia's economy right from under their feet? Who purposely taxed/regulated West Virginia's economy into a fraction of the size it once was? 

Which party told them they were a basket of deplorables? Which party calls them white supremacists, nazis and bigots? Which party is always accusing them of misogyny and oppression?

Which party says "Not every Trump voter is a white supremacist but every white supremacist is a Trump voter"? Which party spews out BLM and ignoring the billions of dollars worth of damage to innocent people? Which party was blocking Trump from bringing troops home from overseas? Which party has been telling their base to "hunt them down in restaurants"? Which party is currently inciting violence towards political opposition? Which party, for the last four years, has done nothing but push Russiagate conspiracy theories, Impeachment and now openly brandishing the 25th amendment?

And then ya'll pretending to wonder why WV is going to vote red.

But go off, I guess.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:08 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Well let's see. Who swiped West Virginia's economy right from under their feet? Who purposely taxed/regulated West Virginia's economy into a fraction of the size it once was? 

Which party told them they were a basket of deplorables? Which party calls them white supremacists, nazis and bigots? Which party is always accusing them of misogyny and oppression?

Which party says "Not every Trump voter is a white supremacist but every white supremacist is a Trump voter"? Which party spews out BLM and ignoring the billions of dollars worth of damage to innocent people? Which party was blocking Trump from bringing troops home from overseas? Which party has been telling their base to "hunt them down in restaurants"? Which party is currently inciting violence towards political opposition? Which party, for the last four years, has done nothing but push Russiagate conspiracy theories, Impeachment and now openly brandishing the 25th amendment?

But go off, I guess.

Yeah  no ones wondering any of that 

“But go off I guess “ 

Lol?

geeblock Member
1,123 posts 0 reps Joined May 2018
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:10 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

But go off, I guess.

doesnt have to be WV, you could pick alabama, mississippi, or a multitude of red states down south that rank almost dead last in every category you can think of

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:11 AM

And yeah... damn democrats.. Caused a state who’s almost entire industry is based on a dying coal industry... which is still dead even after savior Trump deregulated it.. 

But go off I guess?

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:22 AM

Nice soliliquy. 

WV has voted Republican in the last 5 elections. 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:26 AM
posted by Automatik

Nice soliliquy. 

WV has voted Republican in the last 5 elections. 

It’s easier to blame people than face reality.

Hey maybe if we threw a ton of money at printing press industry, newspapers and encyclopedias will come back too? 

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:37 AM

It’s easier to blame people than face reality.

Hey maybe if we threw a ton of money at printing press industry, newspapers and encyclopedias will come back too? 

No doubt.  Now, do everything else you advocate for throwing money at the the problem and thinking it will fix the issue.   Maybe we can turn you into a libertarian in no time lol. 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:39 AM
posted by like_that

No doubt.  Now, do everything else you advocate for throwing money at the the problem and thinking it will fix the issue.   Maybe we can turn you into a libertarian in no time lol. 

Yeah I didn’t appreciate this site throwing my cognitive dissonance back in my face so harshly lol jk   

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:40 AM
posted by geeblock

doesnt have to be WV, you could pick alabama, mississippi, or a multitude of red states down south that rank almost dead last in every category you can think of

About the third time I've heard you bag on Alabama. I'm from Columbus, but have lived here for five years. It's a great place. There is poverty - just like SE Ohio and plenty of other parts of Ohio.   Life here is good. And I'm grateful to be living in a place that isn't letting COVID keep everyone in fear. 

You don't like people making generalizations about large swaths of people. So don't do it yourself. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:48 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

About the third time I've heard you bag on Alabama. I'm from Columbus, but have lived here for five years. It's a great place. There is poverty - just like SE Ohio and plenty of other parts of Ohio.   Life here is good. And I'm grateful to be living in a place that isn't letting COVID keep everyone in fear. 

You don't like people making generalizations about large swaths of people. So don't do it yourself. 

it is last in almost every category is why i mention it...its not personal its just what the lists usually say when they rank things.  my bad ill pick other southern states next time.

CenterBHSFan 333 - I'm only half evil
7,259 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:49 AM

Ya'll think that Hillary fired the first shot with her deplorables comment? Obama made his comments before that, So did Kerry, Edwards and Clinton before the both of them. 

It's not WV's (nor mine with my comments) fault that the democrats aren't that believable in some states and would rather put people down rather than trying to persuade. Perhaps if dem politicians tried to some extent, WV can be turned blue again. And even though I hate his politics, I'll give Bernie credit where credit is due because he actually reached out states like WV with a different mindset than democrat corporatism. Now forget I ever said that before I start remembering how his staff wants reeducation camps and guillotines. 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:52 AM
posted by geeblock

it is last in almost every category is why i mention it...its not personal its just what the lists usually say when they rank things.  my bad ill pick other southern states next time.

Pick on zip codes in the area you live perhaps.  

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:53 AM
posted by geeblock

It's last in "almost every category". Think critically instead of being spoonfed. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 11:57 AM

Yeah ... that’s the problem though. Charity is awesome but doesn’t come close to funding the social programs to even get the poor class close to living just in poverty level.  

The world is at a record low poverty level ....thanks to capitalism. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 12:00 PM

Pick on zip codes in the area you live perhaps.  

the same could be said when people bag on democratic cities...that was my point.  they are never as bad as made out to be, that was the point if you are going to bag on one, bag on the other..i live in dublin ohio outside of columbus, franklin county obviously is very blue, while the surrounding counties all vote red.  Ohio was 39..bama was 49 so i can bang on ohio some next time lol  

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 12:14 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Ya'll think that Hillary fired the first shot with her deplorables comment? Obama made his comments before that, So did Kerry, Edwards and Clinton before the both of them. 

It's not WV's (nor mine with my comments) fault that the democrats aren't that believable in some states and would rather put people down rather than trying to persuade. Perhaps if dem politicians tried to some extent, WV can be turned blue again. And even though I hate his politics, I'll give Bernie credit where credit is due because he actually reached out states like WV with a different mindset than democrat corporatism. Now forget I ever said that before I start remembering how his staff wants reeducation camps and guillotines. 

I mean.... we have little Trump Train parades what seems to be every weekend around here where they like to gather in downtown areas when they’re done and waive their confederate flags and call people with mask going into stores pussies and flicking people off and telling to go fuck theirselves with Biden stickers on cars.....

I wouldn’t say these people aren’t deplorable? 

Is it smart to insult voters? Probably not. But Trumps base isn’t voting for anyone but Trump anyways. 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 12:15 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The world is at a record low poverty level ....thanks to capitalism. 

Yeah I guess you probably didn’t read where I agreed capitalism is right for us and poverty.  Not shocking though. 

Tue, Oct 13, 2020 12:33 PM
posted by geeblock

the same could be said when people bag on democratic cities...that was my point.  they are never as bad as made out to be, that was the point if you are going to bag on one, bag on the other..i live in dublin ohio outside of columbus, franklin county obviously is very blue, while the surrounding counties all vote red.

You weren't trying to illustrate some point  You were bagging on the south because it's easy and acceptable.  You were doing the exact same thing you don't like others doing. 

geeblock Member
Tue, Oct 13, 2020 12:34 PM

You weren't trying to illustrate some point  You were bagging on the south because it's easy and acceptable. 

same with democratic cities.  see how that works?  also i just looked it up. Mississippi is 48 alabama is 49, louisiana is 50. So no i just went with the data.  its not personal ive never even been to alabama Ohio is 39 so ill bang on them some next time.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login