Cleveland Cavalier 2018-2019 Season

cat_lover Senior Member
3,629 posts 44 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 22, 2018 11:17 PM

The Cavs defense is worse than it was last year(if that is possible). I was hoping that they would be competitive but that is not looking likely.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 22, 2018 11:32 PM

Cavs best chance for the future is to suck assnfor a few years. Cedi is probably the only piece from the LeBron era you want around for the future. Gotta play out those contracts and hope you get the best talent in the draft these few years to pair with Cedi and Sexton.

A few more shit years and you could have a solid core of 4-5 players and hope one turns into a superstar. Getting talent that way is their only shot in today’s NBA, as they won’t get any stars via FA. Hope to strike gold like Seattle/GSW/etc.

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 11:30 AM
posted by Laley23

Cavs best chance for the future is to suck assnfor a few years. Cedi is probably the only piece from the LeBron era you want around for the future. Gotta play out those contracts and hope you get the best talent in the draft these few years to pair with Cedi and Sexton.

A few more shit years and you could have a solid core of 4-5 players and hope one turns into a superstar. Getting talent that way is their only shot in today’s NBA, as they won’t get any stars via FA. Hope to strike gold like Seattle/GSW/etc.

This is way too early, but hard to imagine Sexton ever being a building block piece. He doesn't have the size required to be a good defender in the NBA. His best role is a guy off the bench. I can think of at least 4 players I would have taken over him easily. Hope I'm wrong, I like the kid. He plays hard, good attitude, etc...

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 1:12 PM

I looked back at my last post and realized I left out an important word: not. 

"And is anybody else besides me NOT surprised that the Cavs would suck.....as in bottom feeders?"

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 2:04 PM
posted by BRF

I looked back at my last post and realized I left out an important word: not. 

"And is anybody else besides me NOT surprised that the Cavs would suck.....as in bottom feeders?"

Sucked without him before and they will suck without him again. Water under the bridge but what pisses me off is that this team could've had 3-4 rings if he wouldn't have played passive/aggressive bitch and would've committed, long-term, earlier on in his career.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 2:16 PM

What do you think would have gone differently if he stayed long term? Assuming you mean at least a 4 year deal?

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 2:18 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

This is way too early, but hard to imagine Sexton ever being a building block piece. He doesn't have the size required to be a good defender in the NBA. His best role is a guy off the bench. I can think of at least 4 players I would have taken over him easily. Hope I'm wrong, I like the kid. He plays hard, good attitude, etc...

Same. He wasn’t even someone I was targeting for the Cavs. But, he is still super young, so not going to write him off yet. As of now, I think you’d have to consider him part of the future. That could be completely different after the 2019-2020 season.

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 3:17 PM

Can we not write off sexton after 3 games? Lol

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 4:05 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Can we not write off sexton after 3 games? Lol

We're just saying we don't see high end potential for Sexton. I don't ever envision being a starter on a good team, he doesn't have the physical traits/athleticism required. Not writing him off as a bum, but he was undeniably a reach pick at #8. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:05 PM
posted by Automatik

What do you think would have gone differently if he stayed long term? Assuming you mean at least a 4 year deal?

I meant earlier on in his career, instead of Miami. He re-upped after his rookie deal but then kept doing that 1 year crap.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:06 PM

We're just saying we don't see high end potential for Sexton. I don't ever envision being a starter on a good team, he doesn't have the physical traits/athleticism required. Not writing him off as a bum, but he was undeniably a reach pick at #8. 

That's just absurd. You don't see him starting on a good team ever, because of 3 games? And you make fun of others on here for "hot taeks" give me a break.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That's just absurd. You don't see him starting on a good team ever, because of 3 games? And you make fun of others on here for "hot taeks" give me a break.

No, I don't him as a viable starter on a good team bc he's 6'1" and not an elite athlete. Nor does he have an elite trait like shooting/passing/etc...

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I could be wrong but I doubt he's basing it off 3 games. Probably goes back to his college days too, if he followed him. No way it could be based off 3 games.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:40 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I could be wrong but I doubt he's basing it off 3 games. Probably goes back to his college days too, if he followed him. No way it could be based off 3 games.

BR's right. He's a try hard guy who lacks size and athletic traits possessed by top NBA players. Is it possible he bucks the trend? Sure, but it would be based purely on faith and nothing on what he's shown so far. I actually watched a decent amount of summer league, read reports, followed draft news etc... I think Sexton was a bad pick, a flailing franchise that lacks size, athletes, shooting, ball handling, defense, etc.. picks an unathletic undersized guard that isn't a great shooter. Not sure what universe that in considered a great pick. Again, I don't think Sexton is a bum, but with the 8th pick I would have much rather taken a shot at an athlete, or a player that shows they have one elite trait. Sexton is none of that and his ceiling is scoring off the bench. Bad pick, by a bad organization who could only get scraps and the 8th overall pick for a top 10 player in the league.

The pick should have been Michael Porter Jr. followed by Jerome Robinson followed by Knox, followed by Bridges. You'll notice that Sexton was not in that list.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 6:50 PM

Kyrie wasn’t and isn’t a top 10 player. But he still could’ve gotten more out of the Celtics I think.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 7:02 PM
posted by Laley23

Kyrie wasn’t and isn’t a top 10 player. But he still could’ve gotten more out of the Celtics I think.

Kyrie was a top 10 player at the time IMO. But arguing if he's 10 or 15 doesn't make a difference. 

Def could have gotten more out of the Celtics, the fact that they even wanted IT is an indictment on Cavs GM Koby Altman. Then, STILL wanting him after seeing how bad his hip was, and only getting a 2nd extra? Laughable. Any trade with the Celtics that didn't involve a top pick, plus Brown/Tatum shouldn't have happened. We panic'd and took a shitty deal. Made no fucking sense. Call Kyrie's bluff for fuck's sake if you have to.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 7:43 PM

Just the initials "IT" make me want to puke. Fucking bum.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 7:53 PM

Kyrie was a top 10 player at the time IMO. But arguing if he's 10 or 15 doesn't make a difference. 

Def could have gotten more out of the Celtics, the fact that they even wanted IT is an indictment on Cavs GM Koby Altman. Then, STILL wanting him after seeing how bad his hip was, and only getting a 2nd extra? Laughable. Any trade with the Celtics that didn't involve a top pick, plus Brown/Tatum shouldn't have happened. We panic'd and took a shitty deal. Made no fucking sense. Call Kyrie's bluff for fuck's sake if you have to.

It’s pretty easy to say they should have gotten more. Fact is, they obviously couldn’t and took the best deal they could for someone who didn’t wanna play here and our best player didn’t want him around the lockeroom. 

I don’t understand why cavs fans always say “they could have gotten more for Kyrie!” Ohhh rreeeeallly??? You’re a GM? You were there and knew what we could and couldn’t get? You think our GM just took first offer and didn’t even try to do better? Give me a fucking break. 

TrollerCoaster Junior Member
62 posts 5 reps Joined Mar 2017
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 9:04 PM

They're about to have a 95 game win streak and raise the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 9:58 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

It’s pretty easy to say they should have gotten more. Fact is, they obviously couldn’t and took the best deal they could for someone who didn’t wanna play here and our best player didn’t want him around the lockeroom. 

I don’t understand why cavs fans always say “they could have gotten more for Kyrie!” Ohhh rreeeeallly??? You’re a GM? You were there and knew what we could and couldn’t get? You think our GM just took first offer and didn’t even try to do better? Give me a fucking break. 

Fact of the matter is they could have gotten more, and SHOULD have gotten more. Maybe that deal is ready in June, but it is later in the season. Not a hard concept, lol wish I could negotiate my housing contract with you.

Let's put this in another frame, LBJ is signed for 2 more seasons, and wants a trade. You trading him for Isiah Fucking Thomas and the 8th overall pick? "That's what you can get get!!" /S&L

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login