Cleveland Cavalier 2018-2019 Season

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 10:08 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Fact of the matter is they could have gotten more, and SHOULD have gotten more. Maybe that deal is ready in June, but it is later in the season. Not a hard concept, lol wish I could negotiate my housing contract with you.

Let's put this in another frame, LBJ is signed for 2 more seasons, and wants a trade. You trading him for Isiah Fucking Thomas and the 8th overall pick? "That's what you can get get!!" /S&L

It’s just a lazy argument on your part. Screaming “we could have gotten more we fucked up!!” Is the laziest, dumbest argument that HOT TAKE sports fans use. Fact is, you have no idea what they could have gotten for Kyrie. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 10:28 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

It’s just a lazy argument on your part. Screaming “we could have gotten more we fucked up!!” Is the laziest, dumbest argument that HOT TAKE sports fans use. Fact is, you have no idea what they could have gotten for Kyrie. 

Damn you are dense. Ok fine, what the Cavs got was total trash for unarguably a top 20 NBA player with multi yr deal that was 25 yrs old. I wouldn't sell a Ferrari for $100 if "that is the best deal I could get". I would hold on to it. Test the market again, use the asset, etc... Not a hard concept. No one MADE the cavs trade their best trade chip for pennies on the dollar.

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 10:38 PM

Damn you are dense. Ok fine, what the Cavs got was total trash for unarguably a top 20 NBA player with multi yr deal that was 25 yrs old. I wouldn't sell a Ferrari for $100 if "that is the best deal I could get". I would hold on to it. Test the market again, use the asset, etc... Not a hard concept. No one MADE the cavs trade their best trade chip for pennies on the dollar.

Well again, you don’t know that (your last comment). Kyrie could have told them he’ll sit until his contract is up then leave. Lebron could have told the Cavs he wants Kyrie gone. Maybe the FO knew Lebron was leaving and decided to stockpile picks for the future (probably assumed better than pick #8 for that nets pick). 

You don’t know what really happened so constantly posting that the Cavs made the wrong move with Kyrie is just dumb. And it’s way more dumb to then say it didn’t work out because professional basketball scout COA doesn’t like Sexton—and he would know because he watches a lot of summer league ball and reads draft reports!!!!

give me a break

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 23, 2018 11:09 PM

lol

Tue, Oct 23, 2018 11:28 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Well again, you don’t know that (your last comment). Kyrie could have told them he’ll sit until his contract is up then leave. Lebron could have told the Cavs he wants Kyrie gone. Maybe the FO knew Lebron was leaving and decided to stockpile picks for the future (probably assumed better than pick #8 for that nets pick). 

You don’t know what really happened so constantly posting that the Cavs made the wrong move with Kyrie is just dumb. And it’s way more dumb to then say it didn’t work out because professional basketball scout COA doesn’t like Sexton—and he would know because he watches a lot of summer league ball and reads draft reports!!!!

give me a break

You can read about prospects, compare athletic traits, etc... It's not that challenging to do so.

As for your other points, Kyrie had no leverage. He's going to sit out mulitple yrs? LOL get real. Imagine if the wolves panic'd and traded Jimmy Butler away to the heat for a bag of fucking beans. They didn't. They realized butler has no leverage, and getting a pile of shit for him wasn't worth it. Cavs should have come to the same conclusion. But hey, MASTER negotiator S&L said that was the best the Cavs could do.!! 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 11:33 AM
posted by BRF

I looked back at my last post and realized I left out an important word: not. 

"And is anybody else besides me NOT surprised that the Cavs would suck.....as in bottom feeders?"

On one hand, I thought they'd be at least in the 30-35 win crowd (bad, but not bottom feeder) and maybe contend for one of those disappointing playoff spots where you (a) don't get a lottery pick and (b) get waxed in the first round; but on the other hand, with how the team generally came off as LeBron and his anonymous teammates last year, I can't say I'm surprised they look really bad since they don't have him around to make them look competent now. I wasn't expecting Love to become the most trash 20/15 game player in the league (30% from the field, 26% from 3 on 6+ attempts per game...WTF) because I thought that without James, he'd be able to slide over a bit to be more of an interior guy than he'd been in the past years.

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 11:40 AM
posted by Heretic

On one hand, I thought they'd be at least in the 30-35 win crowd (bad, but not bottom feeder) and maybe contend for one of those disappointing playoff spots where you (a) don't get a lottery pick and (b) get waxed in the first round; but on the other hand, with how the team generally came off as LeBron and his anonymous teammates last year, I can't say I'm surprised they look really bad since they don't have him around to make them look competent now. I wasn't expecting Love to become the most trash 20/15 game player in the league (30% from the field, 26% from 3 on 6+ attempts per game...WTF) because I thought that without James, he'd be able to slide over a bit to be more of an interior guy than he'd been in the past years.

Love needs to quit being "Banana Republic Kevin" and go back to being "Fat Kevin" for him to revert back to his Minnesota ways.

Wed, Oct 24, 2018 12:28 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Love needs to quit being "Banana Republic Kevin" and go back to being "Fat Kevin" for him to revert back to his Minnesota ways.

Reminder: Fat Kevin Love didn't win or make the playoffs.

His biggest problem is his horrendous defense, always has been, always will be. I keep saying this over and over, but a guy who is net negative due to defensive deficiency is not a great player in the NBA. Doesn't matter if you put up 30 a night, if you're giving up 31 pts a night on defense. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 12:57 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I say he needs to be 18-20 foot Kevin and not 24 ft Kevin

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 1:10 PM

Reminder: Fat Kevin Love didn't win or make the playoffs.

His biggest problem is his horrendous defense, always has been, always will be. I keep saying this over and over, but a guy who is net negative due to defensive deficiency is not a great player in the NBA. Doesn't matter if you put up 30 a night, if you're giving up 31 pts a night on defense. 

I keep saying this about Kyrie, yet you keep telling me he is top-10 or at worst top-15. 

Wed, Oct 24, 2018 1:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

I say he needs to be 18-20 foot Kevin and not 24 ft Kevin

That’s the worst shot in basketball, and only the Spurs have figured out to win taking them.

Wed, Oct 24, 2018 1:13 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Fat Kevin Love has zero place in today’s NBA. He is a better player now than he was then, no question. What’s a center who can’t stretch the floor going to accomplish?

Wed, Oct 24, 2018 1:53 PM
posted by Laley23

Fat Kevin Love has zero place in today’s NBA. He is a better player now than he was then, no question. What’s a center who can’t stretch the floor going to accomplish?

Yep, he's a better player now who doesn't fill up the stat sheet in the way he used to but still a solid player. I wish he was more athletic, and detrimined on defense though.

Wed, Oct 24, 2018 2:06 PM

Can we please at least beat the Nets? 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 2:09 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Can we please at least beat the Nets? 

while keeping them <110 points 

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 8:35 PM

Well I just tuned in to hear that the Cavs are down 68-50 in the middle of the 3rd. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 8:37 PM
posted by BRF

Well I just tuned in to hear that the Cavs are down 68-50 in the middle of the 3rd. 

Got em right where they want em!

Wed, Oct 24, 2018 8:47 PM

Guys, this cavs team is REALLY REALLY bad. We have an entire team of mid level talent, that don't play defense and are undersized for their position.

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Oct 24, 2018 9:03 PM

Guys, this cavs team is REALLY REALLY bad. We have an entire team of mid level talent, that don't play defense and are undersized for their position.

i honestly can’t watch it. Not entertaining at all.

Wed, Oct 24, 2018 9:23 PM

16 point loss at home to the nets. Looks like we’ll definitely be keeping our 1st round pick this year!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login