Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 9:34 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

It’s sad that our organization wasn’t able to go out and put a super team around the best player who’s ever played basketball, especially in a time where superteams are so common. 

Since we weren’t able to do that, I’m 100% okay with Lebron leaving to get his rings. 

Also, Kevin Durant can go fuck himself. Keeps saying he is “validated” for his decision to go to GS. IMO, the opposite happened: people still think he’s one of the best players in the world (just like they did when he was at OKC), but no one is actually giving him the validation he wanted. He simply joined one of the best teams ever. His two rings and two finals mvps mean jack shit and I fucking love it. 

Dan Gilbert and Lebron can both be to blame for the lack of a super team. DG wanted to play Jerry Jones and get his fingers in the personnel pie too much and Lebron wouldn't commit, long-term, so I don't think a lot of the stars would come. Barring some miracle, like landing Kawhi Leonard, I think he's gone. This time is different though as I think most will reluctantly give their blessing as he brought a ring and I doubt we'll be seeing another Decision on TV.

The thing that always pissed me off about the supporting cast that they built around him, for the most part, seemed like they were always aging vets who didn't have much left in the tank. Never seemed like youth was put around him.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 9:53 AM

I really hope Bron goes to New Orleans and they dominate the West.  

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 9:59 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Dan Gilbert and Lebron can both be to blame for the lack of a super team. DG wanted to play Jerry Jones and get his fingers in the personnel pie too much and Lebron wouldn't commit, long-term, so I don't think a lot of the stars would come. Barring some miracle, like landing Kawhi Leonard, I think he's gone. This time is different though as I think most will reluctantly give their blessing as he brought a ring and I doubt we'll be seeing another Decision on TV.

The thing that always pissed me off about the supporting cast that they built around him, for the most part, seemed like they were always aging vets who didn't have much left in the tank. Never seemed like youth was put around him.

Also didn’t help that Lue couldn’t manage a roster to save his life. Took him two full games (losses) to realize that Hood can do damage against this warriors D. 

Stuck with JR in games where he was ice cold. If he’s not hitting 3’s, he has zero value. Yet Lue keeps him in. 

Kept clarkson in despite being absolutely terrible. 

Let some players play in foul trouble but didn’t allow others (Love in that one game). 

He just isn’t a very good nba coach. He may be okay basketball x’s and o’s Wise. But in today’s nba, it’s all about managing minutes and rosters. And he sucks at it. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 10:10 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Also didn’t help that Lue couldn’t manage a roster to save his life. Took him two full games (losses) to realize that Hood can do damage against this warriors D. 

Stuck with JR in games where he was ice cold. If he’s not hitting 3’s, he has zero value. Yet Lue keeps him in. 

Kept clarkson in despite being absolutely terrible. 

Let some players play in foul trouble but didn’t allow others (Love in that one game). 

He just isn’t a very good nba coach. He may be okay basketball x’s and o’s Wise. But in today’s nba, it’s all about managing minutes and rosters. And he sucks at it. 

Lue, like David Blatt when he was here, lucked into getting Lebron James. That's the only reason he's had any success. He was terrible at making adjustments. Cavs would be leading at the half and the opponent would come out and kick their asses repeatedly in the 3rd quarter. I attribute a lot of that to Lue's (probable) "just keep doing what you're doing" halftime adjustments.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 10:12 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

It’s sad that our organization wasn’t able to go out and put a super team around the best player who’s ever played basketball, especially in a time where superteams are so common. 

Don't forget, however, that Lebron has a lot to do with the team that is assembled around him.  Tristan's contract?  Thanks, LBJ.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 10:19 AM

I don't know why people are upset about TT's contract. When you're over the cap, and we were definitely that, you can't do much besides pay the people you already have so they don't leave. We didn't have anyone worth a sign and trade and we couldn't pick up free agents. We could only get vet min and MLE's and that's what we did. Kyrie fucked us.. we can't do much about people who don't want to be here. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 10:41 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Since we weren’t able to do that, I’m 100% okay with Lebron leaving to get his rings. 

Also, Kevin Durant can go fuck himself. Keeps saying he is “validated” for his decision to go to GS. IMO, the opposite happened: people still think he’s one of the best players in the world (just like they did when he was at OKC), but no one is actually giving him the validation he wanted. He simply joined one of the best teams ever. His two rings and two finals mvps mean jack shit and I fucking love it. 

Just a statistical reminder

2016 WCF OKC led 3-1. In game 5 Durant went 12/31 and they lost. Game 6 at OKC Durant goes 10/31 and blew a 7 point lead with 5 minutes left...at home. Lost game 7.

Screw you Durant.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 10:51 AM
posted by superman

I really hope Bron goes to New Orleans and they dominate the West.  

This is a really intriguing scenario and I'm not sold that he'd go to Houston or Philly, but I could see going to New Orleans a possibility. 

Thu, Jun 7, 2018 11:00 AM

Not that he ever would, but I’d like to see Lebron on this Jazz team. 

Thu, Jun 7, 2018 11:02 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Don't forget, however, that Lebron has a lot to do with the team that is assembled around him.  Tristan's contract?  Thanks, LBJ.

IDGAF to look it up for sure, but wasn't JR's contract another one? 

Gun to my head, I think he stays in Cleveland. Unlike in 2010 and 2014, there isn't an ideal other situation out there. He won't be the alpha dog in the other situations mentioned. My guess is he stays and they overhaul the fuck out of the team. Love and Lue will be gone. Unfortunately they're probably stuck with TT and JR and their shitty contracts. Maybe with an offseason and a new coach and system they can get some value out of the young guys like Clarkson, Hood, Osman, and Nance. They also have the 8th pick which could be of value. Trae Young could fall into their laps - isn't Lebron a fan of his? 

The scary part is who knows what the hell happens behind closed doors with these guys. He and Paul George may already have their next destination together picked out. 

Thu, Jun 7, 2018 11:04 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

This. And the "I don't care what other people think of me" ship sailed when he was caught still arguing with idiots on Twitter secretly. 

2 posts 0 reps Joined Jun 2018
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 11:14 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, I don't think we'll ever see another player like him in our lifetimes.

Completely agree.

He's an athletic freak of nature

2 posts 0 reps Joined Jun 2018
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 11:27 AM

Any chance he goes to Boston?

wes_mantooth Tomfoolery & shenanigans
18,072 posts 52 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 11:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=5tkvuhaJckM

lol, I dont get KD.  Why would you even react to something so dumb??  Super sensitive

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 11:53 AM

Once a bitch, always a bitch.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 12:00 PM
posted by wes_mantooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=5tkvuhaJckM

lol, I dont get KD.  Why would you even react to something so dumb??  Super sensitive

KD is the SQ of basketball players, where he'll constantly say he's not mad at all, but finds it funny how stupid everyone else is...and then goes on an extended rant to show just how "not mad" he is while everyone else laughs at how easy it is to trigger him every single time.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 1:20 PM

I'm with all those who say thanks for the one championship, at least. 

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 2:17 PM

Well if Lebron stays and they draft Trae Young and maybe sign Leonard and another decent player, they could be good again ........plus replace Lue with someone who knows what the hell is going on.  

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Jun 7, 2018 3:07 PM

Have to trade for Kawhi. He has another year left. So, the 8th pick, plus some, would be involved there. 

Thu, Jun 7, 2018 4:06 PM

Yeah and we have no one the spurs want. So that’s not going to happen.

Plus we can’t trade the pick. We have to draft someone and trade them a month later. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login