Browns season 2021

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:01 PM

I think it's no secret that I can't stand Lebron James and think he's a hypocritical, racist POS but when he returned I didn't stop rooting for a team I'd followed since the mid 70's. 

Not thrilled that the Browns current QB is a creepy. That's happened and can't be taken back so that stigma will stick with him. 

Not going to stop rooting for the Browns though. Players come and players go. Always the name on the front, not the back. Just like I know there were a lot of Steeler fans that didn't like Roethlisberger representing their team but didn't drop them after years of fandom.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:15 PM
posted by Automatik

Blaming everything on the "woke mob" is just a cop out these days. It's played.

My "outrage" starts and ends with the NFL/Goodell's WILDLY inconsistent punishments regarding players acting out of line. There is absolutely no standard.

His penalty was decided by a former federal appeals judge.  So I assume she has a reasonable basis for her decision.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:25 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

His penalty was decided by a former federal appeals judge.  So I assume she has a reasonable basis for her decision.

Which is where Goodell comes in and his comment's valid. If Goodell changes this he's basically saying "thanks for your time but I know more about the legal process and punishment than you do."

Goodell's been a clown in doling out punishment. One year for Ridley? Seriously? And some of these guys get popped for PED's which are in OTC supplements. It's one thing to be injecting cypionate (or another testosterone form) but completely different to get popped for something that was in your protein powder. Then you have guys like previously mentioned (AB, Harty, etc) getting slaps for very egregious acts. He's ALL over the place.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:28 PM

The Ridley one really sticks out....so absurd. That's 1 game, MAYBE 3.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:36 PM
posted by Heretic

Hey, I'm not among the crowd yelling for multi-year suspensions and whatever for Watson. I'm at least trying to avoid the hypocrisy of saying "unproven allegations are only unproven allegations" for my guy, while trying to pile on when it happens to another team's guy.

And "mental gymnastics"? Heh, I'm just enjoying how "most Browns fans" will be putting the "Watson's a creep" vibe way on the back burner as soon as he wins a couple key games for the team and already are trying to blunt the whole "our QB is a creeper" deal with "everyone else has bad guys" and "it's all about teh wokeness" comments. Shit, if anything, I wish the whole woke stuff had been a thing back in the day. In retrospect, just dropping "K, woke lib!" in response to every "Rapistberger" would have been more fun than anything I actually did say.

At the end of the day if the roles are reversed for the next ten years (browns fans enjoying wins with a piece of shit QB and Steelers fans in mediocre limbo), we know which would be your preference.   So yeah, based on a sample size of how Steelers fans have acted over a decade, their shit falls on deaf ears. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:45 PM

LeBron being a POS seems far fetched. He’s not very smart or very mature but POS doesn’t feel like the best descriptor 

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:47 PM

Yeah in today's world, he's a fucking saint.

Ohhh he said some things you don't agree with, boo hoo. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 3:54 PM
posted by Ironman92

LeBron being a POS seems far fetched. He’s not very smart or very mature but POS doesn’t feel like the best descriptor 

He's an idiot. He refers to NBA owners with their "slave" mentality yet he's firmly in bed with Nike and their slave-like sweatshops overseas. And there's nobody that can convince me he's not a racist. Sure, he does good for his hometown community (bravo) but is also known for being a supercheap to wait staff, etc.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 5:25 PM

Welp, no shocker here in that the NFL appealed it and it's now in Goodell's hands. 

I expect them to give him an indefinite suspension, the NFLPA to take it to federal court, get an injunction, and Watson to play in week 1, and going forward, until it's resolved.

And this is going to get REAL ugly. So ugly that Robert Kraft may not WANT to own a team after the NFLPA gets done with him.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 5:37 PM

Lol, that's GODell in a nutshell. Have an independent judge hear the case, wait for her verdict and then decide that she didn't do things exactly like he would have, so it's up to him to take over the proceedings, so things happen the way he wants.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 5:44 PM

Please drop the Robert Kraft comparison. While Kraft is sleezy what he did was with another consenting adult. Watson did this to women who were unaware and did not consent. It’s like comparing hiring a prostitute to raping someone.

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 6:34 PM
posted by sportchampps

Please drop the Robert Kraft comparison. While Kraft is sleezy what he did was with another consenting adult. Watson did this to women who were unaware and did not consent. It’s like comparing hiring a prostitute to raping someone.

Tell us you didn’t follow the investigation and what came out of it without telling us.

The 5 WORST cases were brought by the NFL to this judge and those 5 women said there was no force, no coercion, no threat, etc. The judge’s final ruling document backed this up as well.

I think Watson is a sleaze but let’s stick to facts, comparing what we know to rape is asinine.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 8:20 PM
posted by sportchampps

You mean the girl from the sex trafficking/sex slave trade who serviced him?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 8:30 PM

Also sounding like there may be negotiations between both sides because they "don't want it dragging out." No, the league doesn't want their owners run over with a bulldozer.

Have heard 2 options:

1) 1 Year indefinite suspension plus treatment, no fine

2) Less than a year, treatment and significant fine.

He'd be better off taking the full year. Any more than 6-8 games and this season is in the toilet before it starts.

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Aug 3, 2022 9:47 PM

Krafts masseuse was CONSENTING!? What a world.

Watson probably a creep and a POS. I don’t care. I’m sick of losing. I said it as soon as he went on the block over a year ago or whatever. I’m not hiding it. I want to win and he helps. Tired of being the fan who has morals when rooting for their teams. Just don’t give a shit what these people do anymore. If they are allowed to play in the league, they will play in the league, so they might as well play for my fucking team and win than kick our ass as an opponent.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 4, 2022 12:38 AM
posted by jmog

Tell us you didn’t follow the investigation and what came out of it without telling us.

The 5 WORST cases were brought by the NFL to this judge and those 5 women said there was no force, no coercion, no threat, etc. The judge’s final ruling document backed this up as well.

I think Watson is a sleaze but let’s stick to facts, comparing what we know to rape is asinine.

I would say taking a woman’s hand and putting it on your dick is force

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 4, 2022 1:29 AM
posted by sportchampps

Unless there's something I didn't read, he didn't do this. He invited them over for massages, got an erection during, and seemed to aim for them to touch it. He basically made it as easy as possible for there to be contact without actually forcing the contact. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 4, 2022 9:46 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Unless there's something I didn't read, he didn't do this. He invited them over for massages, got an erection during, and seemed to aim for them to touch it. He basically made it as easy as possible for there to be contact without actually forcing the contact. 

I initially related this to Louis CK and was chastised by some. On the surface I think its worse -- but also my God that man jacked off in front of women at his place. 

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Aug 4, 2022 10:24 AM
posted by sportchampps

The women involved said no force…are you saying they don’t understand if they were forced or not?

Pretty bold claim.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Thu, Aug 4, 2022 1:57 PM

Rog won't be doling out the punishment. He's passing it off to someone else in the league office to review. So, in other words, he doesn't want to be the bad guy but I'm sure he'll be in this persons ear.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login