Browns season 2021

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Jun 4, 2022 9:46 PM

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jun 5, 2022 2:20 AM
posted by j_crazy

i honestly feel in my heart that Watson gets like a 2 year suspension out of this.

I feel like he's already been suspended for 1 year (granted, maybe didn't have his paycheck taken).

The corollary is Mike Vick.  He did his time, and then most people felt he deserved a second chance.  And that's the conundrum: if Watson had gotten convicted a year ago, and served 20+ months, most people would probably be OK with that.

But there's not enough for a criminal trial, apparently, and in some respects that works against Watson because he doesn't get to defend himself. 

Of course, for Browns fans, he's a fucking [actual] serial rapist that should never again take a snap in the NFL.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jun 5, 2022 2:21 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Roethlisberger had 3 accusers and his "transgressions" went all the way back to high school. He settled out of court. Don't really want to hear it as you've been slobbering all over his knob in his defense where no other Steeler fan on this site has. From my view, they are both turds.

2 accusers....But nothing in your post lets facts get in the way of a tirade.

Never arrested.  Never indicted.   2 accusers vs. 23.  Good luck with that.

I never supported a rapist.  You do.  Glass houses and all.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Jun 5, 2022 2:26 AM
posted by jmog

To be fair, Watson was never close to being arrested either…

True.  Watson did, however, face a felony indictment.

Roethlisberger was accused by an actual mental patient, and then a friend of a DTF sorority girl.

But unlike Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, and Deshaun Watson....multiple women and additional accusers never came forward with Ben....

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 1:10 PM

24th woman has come forward against Watson.  Another Browns front office home run.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 3:22 PM
posted by gut

2 accusers....But nothing in your post lets facts get in the way of a tirade.

Never arrested.  Never indicted.   2 accusers vs. 23.  Good luck with that.

I never supported a rapist.  You do.  Glass houses and all.

You're right, but plenty of smoke to make it hard to believe he's not a complete pos.

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 4:14 PM

I follow the Browns on TikTok and I see clips of Watson making these beautiful throws and I want to be excited but instead I feel cringey lol. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 4:31 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I follow the Browns on TikTok and I see clips of Watson making these beautiful throws and I want to be excited but instead I feel cringey lol. 

Just gotta take my stance. Fuck anyone throwing stones who cheers for any other NFL franchise. They all have people who should be in jail and are not. I mean, serial rapist to 24 women might not even be as bad as some of these guys who have physically abused 3-4 women. But nobody gives a shit because Hardy, Rice, Hunt are all playing and that type of thing isnt newsworthy anymore. When the 5th person gets caught doing this, nobody will care because Watson and 3 others have come first. 

I decided to stop caring about the players when Pac Man was on the opposite side hurting the Browns. Fuck being the only morally high fanbase. Sign Hunt. Trade for Watson. If we win, hell yes! To think the other 4 teams involved in Watson negotiations (and if he was a FA, it wouldve been 25 more...) wouldnt have traded if Browns did give the best option is dumb -- yet here they are all high and mighty judging. And in that case, we would just suck and he would still be the same person in the same situation. At least now we might be good. 

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 5:43 PM
posted by Laley23

I mean, serial rapist to 24 women might not even be as bad as some of these guys who have physically abused 3-4 women. 

Yikes.

Mon, Jun 6, 2022 5:49 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Yikes.

People are already over Louis CK...

This seems to be the same type of thing. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 6:02 PM

I just never understood what takes so long in these things.

Automatik Senior Member
15,737 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 6:10 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Yikes.

These are the types of mental gymnastics that keep me coming back. Well done!

Also Ray Rice never saw the field again, and Greg Hardy is regularly getting KO’d in the UFC. 

Mon, Jun 6, 2022 8:29 PM
posted by Automatik

These are the types of mental gymnastics that keep me coming back. Well done!

Also Ray Rice never saw the field again, and Greg Hardy is regularly getting KO’d in the UFC. 

Point was people were over it. I’m glad that’s the case for both of them. And if Deshaun is out of the league great. Probably deserves it. But if he’s gonna be in the league, might as well be on my team in stead of beating them. 

I don’t want to cheer for Deshaun, but I’m over cheering against these guys while they kick my teams ass. So I’ll just sit idle as he wins games and I’ll be happy the Browns are good for once.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jun 6, 2022 10:15 PM
posted by Laley23

Already? It's been 5-7 years for him and I doubt people still view him the same. He also paid the price through lost income and numerous platforms cutting ties with him.

Watson had his 24th accuser come out just this morning, right after his dickhead attorney made some stupid happy endings comments last week. 

j_crazy 7 gram rocks. how i roll.
8,623 posts 30 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 7, 2022 9:37 AM
posted by Laley23

louie also admitted he did it and accepted it was fucking creepy. I think that went a long way in him being able to come back. whether or not watson intended to be a creepy serial masturbator, he clearly made all 24 (and counting) of these women feel that way. That to me is as big a problem as anything else here. something is broken in this guy's head that he can't accept that these women didn't want to fuck him or watch him crank one out. 

to my knowledge he never actually forced any of these women to have sex with him so i don't think we can escalate it to the point of calling him a rapist like some have said.  BUT i'm not 100% invested in knowing all the facts here and i may not be aware of actual rape allegations, so don't crucify me.

brutus161 The Navy Guy
1,688 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 7, 2022 10:54 AM
posted by Laley23

I mean, serial rapist to 24 women might not even be as bad as some of these guys who have physically abused 3-4 women. 

This is the spiciest take I have ever seen. 
Tue, Jun 7, 2022 11:02 AM
posted by brutus161
This is the spiciest take I have ever seen. 

Rapist is a loose term -- if he actually forced himself on them and penetrated, we are talking a whole different level. But do people really think masturbating in front of someone is worse than almost killing them via beating them to an absolute pulp? Because if that is the case, I think you are all as far from the right side (there is no right side, just an expression) of that take.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Jun 7, 2022 11:23 AM

This 24th accuser is a wild card. This wasn't a part of the initial group so, if he gets indicted, the Browns could end up cutting bait.

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jun 7, 2022 12:09 PM
posted by BR1986FB

This 24th accuser is a wild card. This wasn't a part of the initial group so, if he gets indicted, the Browns could end up cutting bait.

Even if things went from civil to criminal, aren't the Browns on the hook for the guaranteed part of the contract?

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Jun 7, 2022 12:46 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Even if things went from civil to criminal, aren't the Browns on the hook for the guaranteed part of the contract?

Florio over at PFT is saying they would have some kind of "out" on a lot of the money.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login