Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 2:08 PM

I want McDaniels too, but why is Stefanski a bad hire? Most I know have him as #2 option. 

Then again, I’ve liked some of the hires that ended up being the absolute worst...so whatever lol.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 2:12 PM
posted by BR1986FB

There were a bunch of tweets about Stefanski but, you're right, the Browns have requested interviews for the GM role that would point to Saleh being the frontrunner.

Ahh I must have missed them, I have seen a couple after I looked again. MKC, take it with a grain of salt, also said Browns have on radar the Bills assistant gm which would go with Dabol...

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 3:50 PM
posted by Laley23

I want McDaniels too, but why is Stefanski a bad hire? Most I know have him as #2 option. 

Then again, I’ve liked some of the hires that ended up being the absolute worst...so whatever lol.

Stefanski's offense really didn't take off until Gary Kubiak and his staff were brought on as consultants. Word I've heard, out of Minneapolis, is that they hate Stefanski and hope he goes.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 4:00 PM
posted by iclfan2

Ahh I must have missed them, I have seen a couple after I looked again. MKC, take it with a grain of salt, also said Browns have on radar the Bills assistant gm which would go with Dabol...

I saw that the GM candidates being interviewed align with Saleh or Daboll.

To me, this is kind of looking like a power grab, by Moneyball, who has Haslam's ear...like a Cleveland Browns version of "Littlefinger."

Let's look at the moves under DePodesta's watch while here:

Preferred Mitch Trubisky over Myles Garrett in the draft.

Claimed Carson Wentz (who in Depo's defense is a china doll) might be a "top 25 QB."

His analytics were so great they passed on both Deshaun Watson (I wasn't a fan) and Pat Mahomes to accumulate picks.

Preferred Sean McDermott over Hue Jackson (this is in his favor but McDermott would've likely flamed out here)

Preferred Kevin Stefanski over KFF (probably the right call but who knows?)

So far, Moneyball's record has been VERY iffy....

Sat, Jan 11, 2020 7:22 PM

Stefanski definitely did not impress today. 9 rushes for cool, 20 some yards. Diggs with like 4 attempts? I know a HC doesn’t need to be a great play caller, but he would be roasted in Cle for that. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 8:10 PM
posted by iclfan2

Stefanski definitely did not impress today. 9 rushes for cool, 20 some yards. Diggs with like 4 attempts? I know a HC doesn’t need to be a great play caller, but he would be roasted in Cle for that. 

While on the other hand, Saleh's defense was dominating. I'm really wondering if he might be a product of his talent instead of a great DC. If you look at his past defenses, kind of "meh."

Sat, Jan 11, 2020 8:29 PM
posted by BR1986FB

While on the other hand, Saleh's defense was dominating. I'm really wondering if he might be a product of his talent instead of a great DC. If you look at his past defenses, kind of "meh."

Ha well yea, having Bosa and a bunch of 1st rounders is great. Just saying Stefanski called a horrible game.

The video of Cowher getting out into the Hall is awesome. Go watch it if you haven’t see it.

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 9:15 PM
posted by iclfan2

Ha well yea, having Bosa and a bunch of 1st rounders is great. Just saying Stefanski called a horrible game.

The video of Cowher getting out into the Hall is awesome. Go watch it if you haven’t see it.

Cowher did have a good moment. I don't see how he gets in before Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren. They both have more wins. Shanahan has more championships and Holmgren has the same.

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 163 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Jan 11, 2020 10:29 PM
posted by iclfan2

I just to my Dads to watch game and tv was on with guy in red coat and two women I didn’t know, so paid no attention

Thanks for the mention and I went back and watched. That was awesome.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Jan 12, 2020 12:11 PM

Idiots hired Stefanski

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 163 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 12, 2020 12:58 PM

Well, I guess he gets a chance but signs don’t look good. You never know.

HitsRus Senior Member
9,358 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 12, 2020 1:04 PM

Went thru that whole “process” for two weeks just to hire the guy DePodesta wanted last year. SMH.

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 12, 2020 1:13 PM

From runner-up to champ in one year!

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Jan 12, 2020 1:42 PM
posted by HitsRus

Went thru that whole “process” for two weeks just to hire the guy DePodesta wanted last year. SMH.

This is my problem and why, after 45 years, I'm pretty close to saying "I'm out." With Moneyball/Littlefinger winning this battle, he now has the power. By bringing back Andrew Berry to be the GM, which has been speculated, he's basically "getting the band back together" from 1-31. Only thing they're missing is Sashi. The same stench is in the building when they should've blown it up.

This was one of my biggest concerns because what has Depodesta ever done? By that I mean how many rings did he bring the A's? Yeah, none. These guys covet draft picks yet they don't know how to select NFL talent. OBJ, Jarvis, Chubb, Garrett & Bitonio are tasty little trade chips. Could see these clowns moving these players so they could put their "stamp" on the organization.

Another reason I wanted McDaniels was because of Mayfield. Who'd you rather have trying to fix Mayfield's issues, the guy who worked with TB12 or the guy who helped "coach up" Kirk Cousins and even then there's skepticism that he was even the mastermind behind that (Kubiak). They will probably be looking for a new QB in 2021 too.

I fucking hate what Hee Haw Haslam has done to this organization. Even Jammies Lerner was a better owner than him.

HitsRus Senior Member
9,358 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Jan 12, 2020 2:21 PM

^^^ exactly BR. This has ‘power struggle’ written all over it.... DePodesta wanted Stefanski from the beginning, and Dorsey would have nothing to do with it. 
Good organizations don’t have power struggles... and that’s on the owner.

So, instead of tweaking a talent laden team, we are back to square one with a new group eager to put their stamp on it....... and the same shit goes on and on ad nauseum.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Sun, Jan 12, 2020 8:51 PM

Terrible. Apparently, part of the reason McDaniels/Browns thought it wasn't a fit was because on Friday's the new head coach will have to submit his game plan to both Haslam and the analytics department. Sounds like an analytics guy will also have a headset during games.

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 107 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Jan 13, 2020 11:34 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Idiots hired Stefanski

At the least I can say that he looks and presents himself a lot better than “Kentucky Fried Freddie”. 

Also....I will be boycotting Monty Brunswick’s thread. I see that he started it 5 hours ago and none of us have posted there. 

I hope it gets locked. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Jan 14, 2020 8:28 AM
posted by BRF

At the least I can say that he looks and presents himself a lot better than “Kentucky Fried Freddie”. 

Also....I will be boycotting Monty Brunswick’s thread. I see that he started it 5 hours ago and none of us have posted there. 

I hope it gets locked. 

Yeah, no interest in posting on a thread that thavoice started.

As far as Stefanski goes, I've heard a lot of positives and some negatives on him. I think he can do ok as a HC but my worry is this same front office. In my DePodesta "gaffes" I forgot to mention drafting Corey Coleman over Michael Thomas.

Tue, Jan 14, 2020 8:36 AM

The one thing I do like about Stefanski is the Shanahan style blocking schemes and misdirections. The offense was so predictable last year. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
Tue, Jan 14, 2020 10:14 AM
posted by iclfan2

The one thing I do like about Stefanski is the Shanahan style blocking schemes and misdirections. The offense was so predictable last year. 

Definitely. Also heard he's pretty good at calming down "diva" locker rooms. When Diggs had a meltdown earlier in the year, about not getting the ball enough, I guess Stefanski was key in helping calm the situation.

If he gets the right coordinators, I think he could be fine. Heard Wade Phillips may be in the mix as the DC. If they could get him and bring in Kubiak, as a consultant, I think Stefanski would have a punchers chance. It's just these idiots in the front office that concern me.

EDIT: Just saw this. Guess Wade Phillips will be coming onboard as the DC.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/01/14/report-andrew-berry-wade-phillips-will-joining-cleveland-browns/

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login