Browns Preseason 2019

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 5:36 PM

I will just go ahead and start it. 

posted by iclfan2

MKC now reporting that Gase is not going to be interviewed.

As I said earlier, just like the draft nobody knows wtf Dorsey is going to do.  Most of these rumors are going to be bullshit. 

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 5:48 PM

Gase is a Haslam guy, so if they don’t interview him, at least it means Dorsey is getting his freedom. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards Arians, Kitchens OC, and someone new at DC (Bowles?). 

SportsAndLady Senior Member
39,070 posts 24 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 5:53 PM
posted by iclfan2

Gase is a Haslam guy, so if they don’t interview him, at least it means Dorsey is getting his freedom. The more I think about it, the more I lean towards Arians, Kitchens OC, and someone new at DC (Bowles?). 

Dorsey has the freedom dude.  It’s not even worth bringing up anymore. It’s dorseys call and Dorsey will let Haslam know what the decision is. 

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:21 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Dorsey has the freedom dude.  It’s not even worth bringing up anymore. It’s dorseys call and Dorsey will let Haslam know what the decision is. 

I’m glad you’re so confident, but people who only do Browns reporting are as skeptical as I am. 

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:38 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m glad you’re so confident, but people who only do Browns reporting are as skeptical as I am. 

Haslam has been annoying, but he’s not dumb. He knows Dorsey has done an incredible job so far and will let him run the ship going forward. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:54 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Haslam has been annoying, but he’s not dumb. He knows Dorsey has done an incredible job so far and will let him run the ship going forward. 

This is supposedly the same guy who pulled rank on his personnel guys and drafted Johnny Manziel so "dumb" would be appropriate. Hopefully he's learned his lesson but nobody should blindly trust him.

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 6:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

This is supposedly the same guy who pulled rank on his personnel guys and drafted Johnny Manziel so "dumb" would be appropriate. Hopefully he's learned his lesson but nobody should blindly trust him.

Blah blah blah. It’s dorseys decision. Relax. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 7:14 PM

What areas/positions do the Browns need to draft?

Crimson streak Senior Member
9,170 posts 51 reps Joined Jun 2010
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 7:19 PM
posted by Ironman92

What areas/positions do the Browns need to draft?

I would like to see them go after Dline early. Or even LB. another corner will be needed as well. On offense, another wide out whether trade or FA or draft. Another TE will be needed as well. But for the most part d line and linebacker is the biggest need as of right now. 

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 7:30 PM
posted by Ironman92

What areas/positions do the Browns need to draft?

Front 7. Replace Ogbah, Coley, Kirksey & Collins. Also could use DB's because some of these guys will likely move on. On offense, the WR crop is weak. Think they will trade for that. RT may also be a need as Hubbard has been beaten consistently.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 8:01 PM
posted by Crimson streak

I would like to see them go after Dline early. Or even LB. another corner will be needed as well. On offense, another wide out whether trade or FA or draft. Another TE will be needed as well. But for the most part d line and linebacker is the biggest need as of right now. 

Linebacker is a must, especially if they are going to have to deal with the Ravens misdirection bullshit twice a year.  Can't force Lamar to throw if their running game is gashing them all day. 

Tue, Jan 1, 2019 8:15 PM

OT. LB. DB. WR. A decent selection of wr should be had in the 2nd and 3rd round. 

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Wed, Jan 2, 2019 3:58 PM

My gut is the HC job is between two candidates:

• Kitchens
  • Eberflus

I trust Dorsey to make the right call just as long as dipshit haslam doesn't get in the fucking way. I just want Kitchens to stay in the Org, don't really care if it's HC or OC. If he's HC, I want him involved with the offense as much as possible. He's great.

Candidates I want NO part of:

• McCarthy
  • Gase
  • Josh McDaniels

All are proven losers. No thanks.

Wouldn't QQ about:

• Dan Campbell
  • Pete Carmichael Jr.
Wed, Jan 2, 2019 4:08 PM
posted by iclfan2

OT. LB. DB. WR. A decent selection of wr should be had in the 2nd and 3rd round. 

If Kitchens stay, we can get by with our current OTs. If not, I'd throw Bitonio out to LT and slot Corbett in at LG. Time to sink or swim lil guy.

Positions we absolutely need to address:

• LB - outside of Shobert we have a lot to be desired. Collins is inconsistent as all hell. Kirksey sucks and is a shell of his former shelf. Wouldn't care one if we sent him packing, though do like that he's a good team guy. I do like Avery rushing the passer, hate him in coverage.
  • Pass rush - Avery may be the guy, but Ogbah sure as shit ain't it. Ogbah is decent depth, not a great starter. Soon as he's on the second team, the better we'll be.
  • 3 tech - Could also be dline as a whole. Outside of Myles and Ogjunboji (SP? WGAF), we have a bunch of JAGs. Need immediate impact upgrades, 3T being the most glaring.
  • Secondary - Thankfully we remained repetitively healthy. We have no FS depth, and I don't want to move Peppers there out of necessity. Get a back up FS, and build CB depth. I'm slightly concerned with Ward's concussions, and you should be too. His tackling form sucks, and he needs to improve this to have longevity in this league.
  • WR - It's amazing how Kitchens turned this squad around. Prior to WK9, this would have been priority #1. Keep adding to the stable and build in competition. I'm bullish on Callaway, but I'm leery on him keeping his nose clean to have long term impact. Would be nice, but let's keep history in mind.
  • Oline Depth - We have little OT/OG depth. Let's change that.
  • ST COACH- If Amos Jones returns as our ST coordinator, Haslam's head should be on a stick. Fuck him, he sucks.

Bolded are a MUST this offseason. Rest is nice to haves.

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 4:45 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

My gut is the HC job is between two candidates:

• Kitchens
  • Eberflus

I trust Dorsey to make the right call just as long as dipshit haslam doesn't get in the fucking way. I just want Kitchens to stay in the Org, don't really care if it's HC or OC. If he's HC, I want him involved with the offense as much as possible. He's great.

Candidates I want NO part of:

• McCarthy
  • Gase
  • Josh McDaniels

All are proven losers. No thanks.

Wouldn't QQ about:

• Dan Campbell
  • Pete Carmichael Jr.

I don’t disagree with your post, but 2 of your 3 born-losers are super bowl champions lol but I get your point. 

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 4:53 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don’t disagree with your post, but 2 of your 3 born-losers are super bowl champions lol but I get your point. 

Only one of them was as a HC. And he happened to have arguably the most talented QB in last 20 yrs. He was recently fired for running a god fucking awful offense, and making everyone hate his guts.

McDaniels is a weasel POS and proven HC loser. Gase, proven loser who alienates his players and runs a mediocre football team. No thanks.

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 5:10 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

They are, but so are the fans who are donating money to pay his fine. He's a millionaire. He can pay it.

@Fab4Runner

https://twitter.com/bakermayfield/status/1080254086304411648

Not actually to pay for his fine, it's a donation to providence house, a charity. Much better outcome I'd say!

Fab4Runner Tits McGee
6,997 posts 64 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Jan 2, 2019 5:38 PM

@Fab4Runner

https://twitter.com/bakermayfield/status/1080254086304411648

Not actually to pay for his fine, it's a donation to providence house, a charity. Much better outcome I'd say!

Agreed. I saw it floating around the first day and was hoping it would be for charity instead. 

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 5:58 PM

Thinking about hiring process further, I've decided that Kitchens as HC with Chuck Pagano or Todd Bowles as DC would be best outcome. Show me the lie.

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 6:31 PM

Only one of them was as a HC. And he happened to have arguably the most talented QB in last 20 yrs. He was recently fired for running a god fucking awful offense, and making everyone hate his guts.

McDaniels is a weasel POS and proven HC loser. Gase, proven loser who alienates his players and runs a mediocre football team. No thanks.

Those two coaches are the two last coaches I’d want hired. But the one thing I can’t call them is born losers. They are super bowl champs, that’s the literal opposite of born losers. 

Wed, Jan 2, 2019 6:32 PM

Thinking about hiring process further, I've decided that Kitchens as HC with Chuck Pagano or Todd Bowles as DC would be best outcome. Show me the lie.

Tis what I want as well. If we let kitchens walk, I’ll be fucking livid. Don’t think Dorsey will let that happen though. 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login