Browns Preseason 2019

24,621 posts 244 reps Joined May 2010
Mon, Sep 2, 2019 9:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And I know you're not necessarily supposed to draft for need but other than O-Line, what is this team's biggest weaknesses? They are good at QB & RB. May be able to add a WR later in the draft to develop but not a dire need. TE is a definite need as Njoku hasn't been extremely reliable and they have no depth. Could draft for DL & secondary depth but they are pretty solid there too. Maybe another stud LB? There aren't a lot of "needs" other than O-Line, which just shows how far Dorsey has brought this roster.

2. LBer - unless Mack/Takitati prove otherwise. Kirksey likely gone, Schobert not signed past this season leaves a lot of question marks.

3. DB - We're lean at safety and CB outside of our top 3

4. TE - Njoku has yet to "breakout" [inconsistent hands, inconsistent blocker] and out depth behind him is garbage

1. Oline - As you said. We have two good players on the oline and a bunch of JAGs to below avg players behind that.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Tue, Sep 3, 2019 8:32 AM
posted by BR1986FB

And I know you're not necessarily supposed to draft for need but other than O-Line, what is this team's biggest weaknesses? They are good at QB & RB. May be able to add a WR later in the draft to develop but not a dire need. TE is a definite need as Njoku hasn't been extremely reliable and they have no depth. Could draft for DL & secondary depth but they are pretty solid there too. Maybe another stud LB? There aren't a lot of "needs" other than O-Line, which just shows how far Dorsey has brought this roster.

There is an argument for drafting for need, once your team is established and has a QB.  This is especially true for very important positions such as the OL. Hopefully Baker remains legitimate and this team is on the right track, because I won't QQ about drafting for need if that is the position we are in.  

In the case of the Browns since 1999, they have been a pile of shit, so finding a QB and going for BPA was the best approach.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Tue, Sep 3, 2019 12:04 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

2. LBer - unless Mack/Takitati prove otherwise. Kirksey likely gone, Schobert not signed past this season leaves a lot of question marks.

3. DB - We're lean at safety and CB outside of our top 3

4. TE - Njoku has yet to "breakout" [inconsistent hands, inconsistent blocker] and out depth behind him is garbage

1. Oline - As you said. We have two good players on the oline and a bunch of JAGs to below avg players behind that.

The thing that is even scarier about the O-Line is that I think Zeitler made Hubbard look a lot better than he was and now Zeitler's not there so Hubbard has nobody to help cover his ass.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 3:34 PM

Color Rush is Primary uniform this year! Supposedly will wear it 6 times at home with brown alternates the other 2. No more bullshit white every game. Yes I know uniforms are meaningless...

BRF Senior Member
11,621 posts 108 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Sep 4, 2019 7:05 PM

That is all well and good........along with “bull shit” white. Because at the end of the game day, all that matters is.........the W!

Go Browns!

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login