2022 NFL Season Thread

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 7:05 PM
posted by Ironman92

I know you want him gone but what about today’s loss was Tomlin’s fault?

His defense?  His junior high offense?

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 7:14 PM
posted by gut

His defense?  His junior high offense?

I don’t know. Defense forced some 3 and outs, 5 punts, 2 interceptions, 3 TD and a FG. Couldn’t get a stop in the 4th sucked.

Offensive calls were good I thought in the 2nd half. Those 2 interceptions were both off the TE’s hands and ended up in the Jets hands.

I’m not miles away on your Tomlin thoughts but I didn’t think today was his issue.

gut Senior Member
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 7:22 PM
posted by Ironman92

I don’t know. Defense forced some 3 and outs, 5 punts, 2 interceptions, 3 TD and a FG. Couldn’t get a stop in the 4th sucked.

That was a bad team.  Starting a 2nd year QB who hadn't played in 2 months....
BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 8:00 PM
posted by gut

Ehhhh, I think CIN and BAL are going to end-up being pretty good.

But PIT is definitely a bottom-5 team.  Hard to say with CLE, and I don't think Watson will turn them around this year.  But next year, watch out.

Bengals are smoke & mirrors. They were last year. They were luckier than they were good when they hit the playoffs.

No idea what to think of Baltimore.

Pittsburgh's got their problems which a legit QB will likely fix.

Cleveland's biggest issue is coaching/teaching right now. This is the THIRD time in four games that a WR has been open by 25+ yards in crunch time. Stefanski's "riverboat gambler" mentality is leaving points on the field which are usually the difference in the game and Joe Woods' defensive schemes, like you guys rip Tomlin/Canada, have been an issue for 3 years.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 8:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Bengals are smoke & mirrors. They were last year. They were luckier than they were good when they hit the playoffs.

No idea what to think of Baltimore.

Pittsburgh's got their problems which a legit QB will likely fix.

Cleveland's biggest issue is coaching/teaching right now. This is the THIRD time in four games that a WR has been open by 25+ yards in crunch time. Stefanski's "riverboat gambler" mentality is leaving points on the field which are usually the difference in the game and Joe Woods' defensive schemes, like you guys rip Tomlin/Canada, have been an issue for 3 years.

You sure are bitter about the bengals. 

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 9:09 PM

Joe Woods has gotta go. I’m anticipating a Netflix documentary about shaving points at this point.

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 9:18 PM
posted by gut
That was a bad team.  Starting a 2nd year QB who hadn't played in 2 months....

Did it feel the same when Pickett was in there?

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Oct 2, 2022 11:20 PM

Lol

gut Senior Member
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 1:09 AM
posted by Ironman92

Did it feel the same when Pickett was in there?

He made some good throws, but a couple of bad throws resulting in picks.

They got a spark, and maybe called a few plays the defense wasn't expecting.  But I doubt the offense changes much.  I don't think anyone can make that offense look NFL-caliber.  The Tomlin/Canada combo would be outclassed by a lot of middle school coaches.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 4:51 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

You sure are bitter about the bengals. 

Not bitter about the Bengals. They're just not that good. Been hearing they were going to boat race the division because of that "new and improved O-Line." My response was that they didn't really improve it as those guys are average at best. Burrow and their receivers are elite but other than that, not much there.

And tell me where I'm wrong about being luckier than good last year? Tannehill & Mahomes both melted down against them, with leads and they barely got by the Raiders.

With all this being said they still could win the division, being the shiniest turd, in a shit sack division.

Mon, Oct 3, 2022 6:17 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Not bitter about the Bengals. They're just not that good. Been hearing they were going to boat race the division because of that "new and improved O-Line." My response was that they didn't really improve it as those guys are average at best. Burrow and their receivers are elite but other than that, not much there.

And tell me where I'm wrong about being luckier than good last year? Tannehill & Mahomes both melted down against them, with leads and they barely got by the Raiders.

With all this being said they still could win the division, being the shiniest turd, in a shit sack division.

The defense has played well, kicker is one of the best, Burrow and receivers are elite, the offensive line was rough the first couple weeks but has played much better against the Jets and Dolphins. Seems like that should qualify as good? They don't have these terrible losses where we're sitting around questioning the coaching or defense already. Hopefully they'll be ready for Baltimore next Sunday. I, like you, listen to a lot of sports coverage and never heard much about them winning the division. Everyone shared your sentiment, that they'd come back down to earth and likely be a wildcard behind Baltimore. 

As for the playoffs last season, seems like Tennessee wasn't that good afterall, and Cincinnati made adjustments to beat KC, who also beat themselves. Cincinnati had beaten them already at the end of the regular season. 

Agree to disagree on the division. Cleveland and Baltimore have some ugly losses and suddenly it's a shit sack division. Fine with me if that's the case. I'm sick of the Ravens and Steelers always being good. 

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 9:28 AM

Apparently a Steelers fan died after falling around an escalator after the game yesterday.

Mon, Oct 3, 2022 9:31 AM

I rewatched all of Zach's passing snaps last night and he wasn't as bad as I had initially thought in real time. The Steelers pressured him on something like 27 of 35 drop backs or something close. Flacco would've been sacked at least 6 times and fumbled twice. Zach was only sacked once, which is a minor miracle. No excuse for the INT at the end of the 1st half, but his 4th quarter was a thing of beauty.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 9:48 AM
posted by justincredible

Apparently a Steelers fan died after falling around an escalator after the game yesterday.

Yeah, saw that. Messed up.

BR1986FB Senior Member
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 1:30 PM

After a two TD rushing performance Daniel Jones nickname has changed from "Danny Dimes" to "Vanilla Vick" on Twitter lol.

Mon, Oct 3, 2022 2:02 PM

Tua out vs the Jets. 

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 2:48 PM
posted by justincredible

Tua out vs the Jets. 

That could at least mean Miami isn't intentionally trying to kill him, if they're giving his broken brain at least a week to try to push itself back together.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 8:58 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Man, did a Bengals fan sleep with your wife?  The Bengals made adjustments to shut down Tannehill and Mahomes. If Aaron Donald wasn't allowed to line up offsides, they would be world champs.  

Ironman92 Administrator
Mon, Oct 3, 2022 10:25 PM

Steelers staring big at 1-7

Kenny will get greatly tested

@Buffalo (that could be really bad)

vs Tampa Bay (most winnable but no)

@Miami (never won there when they were good)

@Philly (will 100% be ugly, Philly no mercy vs in state rival)

Mon, Oct 3, 2022 10:45 PM

Buffalo opened at 14 point favorites vs Pittsburgh 

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login