2020 NFL Thread...

Al Bundy Senior Member
4,526 posts 40 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 1, 2020 11:12 AM
posted by Laley23

This is pretty set in stone. You have positives and they are out. But if the rest of the team is negative within X amount of days, game is played. Baltimore keeps having positives, so game is not played. Take of the tinfoil with the NFL is trying to screw my team nonsense lol. You sound crazy. 

Why was the Baltimore/Dallas game moved to Tuesday? It is too far out to know about testing, but it is the day that Jackson is eligible to come back.

sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 1, 2020 3:00 PM

The NFL is fixing games. Just look at the cover last night from Philly.

Also if you don’t think this could happen listen to the Whistleblower podcast about the NBA refs. 

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 1, 2020 3:31 PM
posted by Laley23

This is pretty set in stone. You have positives and they are out. But if the rest of the team is negative within X amount of days, game is played. Baltimore keeps having positives, so game is not played. Take of the tinfoil with the NFL is trying to screw my team nonsense lol. You sound crazy. 

That's an easy opinion to have when your team hasn't been relevant in 25+ years.

PIT has had it's bye taken away, and now they play 3 games in 12 days.  That's a fact.  Most honest, objective people can see they're getting the short-end of the stick.

friendfromlowry Senior Member
7,778 posts 86 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 1, 2020 4:33 PM
posted by Laley23

It’s also pretty set in stone that you follow protocols and guidelines that have been pushed all year, you probably won’t get covid. With 30+ people they’re worried about having it, I don’t know that Baltimore did all that. 

I don’t care about the Steelers being screwed and I’m fine with punishment fits the crime in Denver’s case. They broke the rules and had to play an impossible game. Baltimore breaks the rules and the NFL’s reaction is more “oh well let’s play whenever we can.”

There’s also talk going around the Ravens would have refused to play a Tuesday game. 

Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 1, 2020 4:41 PM

I see it as an obvious chip reason for Tomlin to motivate his team even more.

They seem pretty focused and chip on the shoulder regardless.

...as they lose back to back games lol

33,369 posts 132 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Dec 1, 2020 5:12 PM

I could just as easily say the game would’ve been postponed if Steelers weren’t making sure it was played behind closed doors. They don’t want Baltimore in as an 8 seed. It sounds just as dumb.

If anything, plying this game and not moving it to week 18 helps Pittsburgh, unless you think playing the backup QB is tougher than Lamar. 

The NFL does not want to add weeks to the season. They’d much rather push the season as a whole.

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Dec 2, 2020 6:09 PM

What an ugly game. RGIII is awful 

gut Senior Member
Wed, Dec 2, 2020 6:18 PM
posted by Laley23

I could just as easily say the game would’ve been postponed

And I could just as easily pretend to be a moron
Wed, Dec 2, 2020 10:21 PM
posted by gut
And I could just as easily pretend to be a moron

So, doing what you’ve been doing? Got it. 

Ironman92 Administrator
Wed, Dec 2, 2020 10:33 PM

I’d rather lose the next 3 games  than lose Bud Dupree 

Damnit....big big loss. Less pressure on QB = more completions against the zone and downfield.

Is Tuitt out against Washington?

Offense needs to step it up. This 11-0 team feels like a 13-3 team and a first round playoff loss the way they’ve looked too often of late.

gut Senior Member
Thu, Dec 3, 2020 12:09 AM
posted by Laley23

So, doing what you’ve been doing? Got it. 

still not a hopelessly delusional Browns fan

gut Senior Member
Thu, Dec 3, 2020 12:12 AM
posted by Ironman92

I’d rather lose the next 3 games  than lose Bud Dupree

Dupree, along with Watt, was our best chance of beating KC.  But now we get to find out who we should re-sign between Dupree and JuJu.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Thu, Dec 3, 2020 4:56 AM

I love that gut just started to contribute to the NFL threads less than a year ago and now he knows more about the NFL than anyone on this site lmao.  You can tell he is not as confident with his takes on this topic as he is with other topics.  That's why he will default to "Ur A bRoWnS FaN LoL."  Non and rock had better takes than Gut.

With that being said, I did find it bullshit the NFL gave the Ravens special treatment.  That's probably because I am biased and prefered for them lose for playoff implications.  On the other hand, it is always hilarious to see Steelers "fans" acting like the NFL is out to screw them.  I guess most Steelers fans have a little "rock" in them. 

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 7:29 AM

Don’t see how being a Browns fan (delusional or not — I’m not) = NFL screwing the Steelers. Take those thoughts back to the looney bin.

If anything, Ravens got screwed, not Pittsburgh. Unless you think in Week 18 the Ravens would be worse than this game with RG3 starting. Since the league isn’t forfeiting games before moving them to Week 18, I fail to see how playing yesterday hurt Pittsburgh more than Baltimore.

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 3, 2020 1:12 PM

Uh, duh? They're the team with the wide-spread outbreak due to, at least in part, their own dumbassery. They SHOULD be getting screwed. And should have on the scale that Denver did.

My stance is simply that if a team has cases (like most have, like Cleveland with Garrett and Pittsburgh with Tuitt/Conner), that's life and you just have to deal with it like it was the normal sort of injury teams deal with regularly. If a team can't get shit under control and "cases" turns into a full-on outbreak, that's on them. If they can't play, then actually suffer the consequences. I mean, after Tennessee, the NFL did release a memo stating that failure to comply could lead to loss of draft picks and/or being forced to forfeit. Didn't see a footnote stating: "Unless you're in contention, in which case we'll bend over backwards to ensure you can play, regardless of how many other teams get inconvenienced by us moving the schedule around." 

Fuck, those dumb cunts even got their next game moved to Tuesday, as opposed to Monday when Pittsburgh plays again. Because the party in the wrong apparently deserves a more normal rest period as opposed to the "Sunday-Thursday" bullshit, but with different days of the week. Just another bit of stupidity on top of the general stupidity that comes from an empty-headed suit like Goodell being in position to make decisions. Only unbeaten team in the league loses a prime-time game, gets a fucking middle of the afternoon spot in the middle of the week so all the 80-year-old widows can have their stupid Xmas show at night and then gets a bullshit 5 p.m. Monday game. Makes sense!

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 3, 2020 2:03 PM
posted by Heretic

Fuck, those dumb cunts even got their next game moved to Tuesday, as opposed to Monday when Pittsburgh plays again. Because the party in the wrong apparently deserves a more normal rest period as opposed to the "Sunday-Thursday" bullshit, but with different days of the week. 

I think this is the most egregious part of the whole thing. Why on earth do they get to play on Tuesday, especially when it was their fault.  
sportchampps Senior Member
7,527 posts 36 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 3, 2020 4:46 PM
posted by Laley23

This was totally believable and a good explanation until Baltimore kept having postive tests and still played. I don’t think it’s some conspiracy but the NFL definitely just does whatever it wants

Gardens35 Senior Member
5,888 posts 39 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Dec 3, 2020 5:46 PM

Josh Gordan cleared to return to Seahawks week 16. My goodness, that cat has had 5 suspensions.

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 6:42 PM
posted by sportchampps

This was totally believable and a good explanation until Baltimore kept having postive tests and still played. I don’t think it’s some conspiracy but the NFL definitely just does whatever it wants

Yeah, I really have nothing to say to that. It was the explanation given and the one cited all season long. They just totally disregarded the last few positives from Tuesday...

Ironman92 Administrator
Sun, Dec 6, 2020 1:26 PM

S&L must’ve got his Gruden voodoo doll back out

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login