Covid-19 discussion, continued...

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 11:25 AM

Doctors and teachers have become completely insufferable. Gov't agents have always been insufferable so no change there.

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 12:02 PM

The bullying of the unvaccinated must end. 

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 12:30 PM
posted by justincredible

Doctors and teachers have become completely insufferable. 

Don't lump all teachers with CC/Spock/Fletch
Ironman92 Administrator
56,729 posts 164 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 3:58 PM
posted by gut

You DO NOT want Fluvid!

Damnit….sitting here in OSU hospital with my mask on and read that and just soiled my mask via snot bubbles

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 3:59 PM
posted by justincredible

Doctors and teachers have become completely insufferable. Gov't agents have always been insufferable so no change there.

What are teachers doing that’s angering you?

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 4:27 PM
posted by Ironman92

What are teachers doing that’s angering you?

Not wanting to work for a year? Acting like they’re heroes and more important than other workers? Forcing 6 year olds to wear a mask? The list goes on and on. Obviously this is more school boards and unions, but plenty of teachers complained about how scared they were to go back into school. 

Thu, Sep 30, 2021 5:06 PM
posted by iclfan2

Not wanting to work for a year? Acting like they’re heroes and more important than other workers? Forcing 6 year olds to wear a mask? The list goes on and on. Obviously this is more school boards and unions, but plenty of teachers complained about how scared they were to go back into school. 

This is a decent list. Writing their own obits was pretty obnoxious, as well.

I also said insufferable. I didn't say I was angry.

Thu, Sep 30, 2021 5:27 PM

It really annoys me that I know who Randi Weingarten is.

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 7:11 PM
posted by iclfan2

Sorry…I’m here in southern Ohio and know of zero of those teachers. Vast majority in building everyday and there aren’t any subs so classes get divided and added into other classes LE snd I take double classes all the time to help out. Doing more than ever before and with a mask on (kinda)

Ironman92 Administrator
Thu, Sep 30, 2021 7:14 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’ll say this one more time. I have around 400 students in my classes and in the trumpiest of areas with 32% vaccination rate and I swear on anything maybe 5 kids care about the masks……and the younger they are the less they care.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 9:39 AM
posted by Ironman92

I’ll say this one more time. I have around 400 students in my classes and in the trumpiest of areas with 32% vaccination rate and I swear on anything maybe 5 kids care about the masks……and the younger they are the less they care.

Maybe it should be said the teaching profession and not individual teachers.  There are a lot of stories like you’re of teachers doing their jobs - that is good.  However the profession has a disproportionate number of people who see themselves as “front line heroes” for some inexplicable reason.  Teacher unions embody this.  The teachers protesting putting their lives on the line are a sizable chunk and can kind of get you down.  

The medical / pharmaceutical professions are the same way.  I respect many but have lost a HUGE amount of respect and faith in our “greatest medical system in the world”.  

BR1986FB Senior Member
27,923 posts 123 reps Joined Feb 2010
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 9:51 AM
posted by Ironman92

Our grandkid, who is now in 1st grade, got sent to the principal's office last year for cutting up his mask and throwing it at the teacher. Not excusable but trying to make kids that young wear masks is pretty challenging.

Ironman92 Administrator
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 9:53 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Maybe it should be said the teaching profession and not individual teachers.  There are a lot of stories like you’re of teachers doing their jobs - that is good.  However the profession has a disproportionate number of people who see themselves as “front line heroes” for some inexplicable reason.  Teacher unions embody this.  The teachers protesting putting their lives on the line are a sizable chunk and can kind of get you down.  

The medical / pharmaceutical professions are the same way.  I respect many but have lost a HUGE amount of respect and faith in our “greatest medical system in the world”.  

Like many bad eggs….the noisy ones get the attention from those not in the field. I work with all kinds of inept and bad teachers, but not a one doesn’t feel like they should be at school or acts like some hero. Must be the loud ones in the big cities….who make 25% more than we do.

ernest_t_bass 12th Son of the Lama
26,698 posts 204 reps Joined Nov 2009
Fri, Oct 1, 2021 9:58 AM

I remember seeing a Target commercial where they were celebrating their retail employees as "heroes."  Everyone has to be made to feel important.  One of the many scourges of our society.  I'm a teacher, and I just want to be left alone.

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Sun, Oct 3, 2021 2:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Our grandkid, who is now in 1st grade, got sent to the principal's office last year for cutting up his mask and throwing it at the teacher. Not excusable but trying to make kids that young wear masks is pretty challenging.

King.
jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 3, 2021 7:51 PM

Don’t forget, the only profession that complains more about how much money they make more than fast food workers are teachers.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 11:07 AM

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/us/va-child-death-covid-trnd/index.html

CNN calls these people "healthy".....wow.

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 11:57 AM
posted by Fletch

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/us/va-child-death-covid-trnd/index.html

CNN calls these people "healthy".....wow.

Why do you watch crap like this?  It seems like you and QO post more links to left wing news outlets than anyone on here.  I would guess you watch more CNN than the average person - left or right - by a long shot.  Quit giving these idiots air time on your screen.  

Heretic Son of the Sun
20,517 posts 202 reps Joined Nov 2009
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 12:39 PM

Why do you watch crap like this? 

Because he's a fucking idiot.
Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Tue, Oct 5, 2021 5:19 PM

Why do you watch crap like this?  It seems like you and QO post more links to left wing news outlets than anyone on here.  I would guess you watch more CNN than the average person - left or right - by a long shot.  Quit giving these idiots air time on your screen.  

your arent close to being correct.  An informed person who doesnt buy the BS headlines on ANY news outlet will scour most places to come up to what is likely the middle of the road of all the crap to find the truth.

Sometimes you find something that is so stupid you have to share it with others.  I am sure that 100% of the people on here would agree that the family in that story are the perfect storm of unhealthy to die from something like this.

Login

Register

Already have an account? Login