Covid-19 discussion, continued...

jmog Senior Member
7,737 posts 50 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sat, Oct 16, 2021 10:14 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Not the point.  Adults who get the vaccine have a way better chance of not getting sick.  But the obese TSA agents will just keep downing Twinkies, but staying away from a shot “they just don’t have enough clean research to trust yet.”  

Ain’t nobody tellin me what to do.  

So the only person that it hurts is the person who chooses not to take the vaccine?

So why, again, should it be mandated?

Dr Winston O'Boogie Senior Member
3,345 posts 35 reps Joined Oct 2010
Sun, Oct 17, 2021 7:56 AM
posted by jmog

Give me a break.

The covid shot is just like the flu shot with respect to how long it protects, 6-12 months.

Nothing like the polio, mumps, etc vaccines.

The point was people will do a logically reasonable thing until someone tells them they have to.  Then they won’t do it even though it’s in their best interest because “fuck that guy - no one tells me what to do”.

Fletch Member
0 posts 3 reps Joined Nov 2020
Sun, Oct 17, 2021 9:31 AM

Funny how Covid disappeared this week. Didn’t turn on the liberal media.

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 9:36 AM
posted by Fletch

Funny how Covid disappeared this week. Didn’t turn on the liberal media.

You read/watch CNN more than anyone I can think of.  Good job taking a break.  Don’t subscribe to the myth that you have to watch/read CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Breitbart, etc to stay informed.  There are plenty of ways to do that without subjecting yourself to content from left wing and right wing ideologues whose sole interest is to manufacture outrage.  

queencitybuckeye Senior Member
8,068 posts 120 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 17, 2021 11:16 AM

The point was people will do a logically reasonable thing until someone tells them they have to.  Then they won’t do it even though it’s in their best interest because “fuck that guy - no one tells me what to do”.

and they call the others "sheep".

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 11:28 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

and they call the others "sheep".

We’re all sheep to some extent.  I’ve gotten sucked into the media vortex plenty myself.  But like Spock, I realize I’m happier when I stay away. I have to fight that urge to “see what’s going on” or “keep informed”.  Then I realize all I’m doing is gravitating towards opinions I already agree with being spouted by people who are trying to enrage me so that I feel loyalty toward them for “telling it like it is”.  

They’re all in the business of selling me anger and anxiety.  I’m at my worst when I fall for it.  

iclfan2 Reppin' the 330/216/843
9,465 posts 98 reps Joined Nov 2009
Sun, Oct 17, 2021 12:00 PM

I’m not anti vaccine, I’m anti government mandate. So I’ll be rooting for chaos. I also don’t really believe the numbers of unvaccinated at these jobs, bc there definitely aren’t that many people who are willing to lose good jobs over it. 

Fletch Member
Mon, Oct 18, 2021 11:44 AM

Joe Rogan  had 2 great podcasts about Covid last week.  Alex berenson and Gupta.  

QuakerOats Senior Member
11,701 posts 66 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 18, 2021 1:27 PM
posted by iclfan2

I’m not anti vaccine, I’m anti government mandate. So I’ll be rooting for chaos. I also don’t really believe the numbers of unvaccinated at these jobs, bc there definitely aren’t that many people who are willing to lose good jobs over it. 

The economy will come to a standstill if they persist with the mandate.  Not that libs care. 

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 2:06 PM
posted by iclfan2

Luckily you didn't live during WW2 if you don't like mandates.  They were everywhere back then and way more burdensome than "take a shot so you won't get sick".

like_that 1st Team All-PWN
29,228 posts 321 reps Joined Apr 2010
Mon, Oct 18, 2021 2:39 PM

Luckily you didn't live during WW2 if you don't like mandates.  They were everywhere back then and way more burdensome than "take a shot so you won't get sick".

The asians for sure would agree with you.

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 4:43 PM
posted by like_that

Yes they would.

superman Senior Member
4,377 posts 71 reps Joined Nov 2009
Mon, Oct 18, 2021 6:15 PM
posted by like_that

Leave to it the dumbass Boogie to bring in more whataboutism

Fletch Member
Fletch Member
Mon, Oct 18, 2021 7:24 PM

Uh here comes the next variant.  Get ready, CDC reporting that cases in the past 5 days nationally have dropped over 65% and deaths reported in the past few days arent over 200 nationally.  

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 9:12 PM
posted by Fletch

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/18/unfortunately-colin-powells-coronavirus-vaccine-didnt-work-due-to-underlying-conditions/

I know......."BreIBaRt"  but this asshole actual said this.

Dr Biden at it again.  

Mon, Oct 18, 2021 9:26 PM
posted by superman

Leave to it the dumbass Boogie to bring in more whataboutism

Thought you had blocked me.  If not, glad to hear from you.  

Whataboutism...haha.  Is that that part of your 'narrative' - pointing out whataboutism?  It is the 'elephant in the room" after all.  You may 'move the needle' in getting people to look more closely at it.  But then again, you probably can't 'empty the ocean one spoonful at a time'.  I'm sure you have the 'gravitas' to make a difference here.  And the 'optics' of your argument are strong here.  So keep your 'swagger' and don't 'walk it back'.  'At the end of the day', pointing out whataboutism is the 'new normal'.  Oh well, 'it is what it is'.  You my friend are a 'thought leader'.

justincredible Honorable Admin
37,969 posts 246 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 20, 2021 9:19 AM

gut Senior Member
18,369 posts 115 reps Joined Nov 2009
Wed, Oct 20, 2021 10:32 AM
posted by justincredible

I hear the gorillas are strongly anti-vax

kizer permanente Senior Member
1,309 posts 18 reps Joined Aug 2017
Wed, Oct 20, 2021 10:36 AM
posted by gut